boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
QuadrupleG
MAZAFAKA
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
Default Good boy Canelo

Article about Alvarez:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just another good boy in boxing.
QuadrupleG is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
JHDallas
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas TX Area
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

It's good to read a good article about a good kid in boxing. Our perceptions about fighters are often limited to what we see in the ring.

I also like comments he has made in interviews. Seems to be honest, thoughtful, and not at all delusional- as some boxers seem to be.

He deserves the fan base he has.

While that's not saying that I think he can beat everyone, he can and will beat most of the fighters he faces.

On the day he gets hammered by another fighter, he'll give that fighter credit.

What's not to like?
JHDallas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:21 AM   #3
cslb
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: From the land beyond beyond
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHDallas View Post
It's good to read a good article about a good kid in boxing. Our perceptions about fighters are often limited to what we see in the ring.

I also like comments he has made in interviews. Seems to be honest, thoughtful, and not at all delusional- as some boxers seem to be.

He deserves the fan base he has.

While that's not saying that I think he can beat everyone, he can and will beat most of the fighters he faces.

On the day he gets hammered by another fighter, he'll give that fighter credit.

What's not to like?
Well, he did sucker punch a featherweight for allegedly hitting on his girlfriend.
cslb is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 01-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #4
ki_ote
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,006
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

Well, sometimes suckers need to be punched.
ki_ote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #5
Kush
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,256
vCash: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslb View Post
Well, he did sucker punch a featherweight for allegedly hitting on his girlfriend.
Allegedly
Kush is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #6
Tito Bouche
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslb View Post
Well, he did sucker punch a featherweight for allegedly hitting on his girlfriend.
Nobody claimed he was perfect. I'm sure most would of smacked up a dude for messing with their girlfriend.
Tito Bouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #7
cslb
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: From the land beyond beyond
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Bouche View Post
Nobody claimed he was perfect. I'm sure most would of smacked up a dude for messing with their girlfriend.
It depends on how you define "messing". If you have an attractive woman, you should expect other men to hit on her. Sucker-punching some guy you outweigh by 50 pounds because he may have hit on your girl is weak in my opinion.
cslb is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #8
FreeRadricDavis
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcham View Post
He settled out of court so that is an admission of guilt in my book.

Translation : IDKSALitigation
FreeRadricDavis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #9
Tito Bouche
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslb View Post
It depends on how you define "messing". If you have an attractive woman, you should expect other men to hit on her. Sucker-punching some guy you outweigh by 50 pounds because he may have hit on your girl is weak in my opinion.
That is true, but the Solis knew she was Canelo's Girlfriend and had been told to stop "cat calling" her. According to Canelo's people, Solis started bad mouthing Canelo, further enraging the Ginger pugilist.
So Canelo stepped to him and beat him down... it wasn't a sucker punch where he snuck up on Solis or blind sided him... but it was a sucker move being that he is so much bigger. But hey man, you "mess" with a bigger mans woman and then talk ****, you can expect to get a broken jaw and swallowing some of your own teeth. Just Saying
Tito Bouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #10
cslb
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: From the land beyond beyond
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Bouche View Post
That is true, but the Solis knew she was Canelo's Girlfriend and had been told to stop "cat calling" her. According to Canelo's people, Solis started bad mouthing Canelo, further enraging the Ginger pugilist.
So Canelo stepped to him and beat him down... it wasn't a sucker punch where he snuck up on Solis or blind sided him... but it was a sucker move being that he is so much bigger. But hey man, you "mess" with a bigger mans woman and then talk ****, you can expect to get a broken jaw and swallowing some of your own teeth. Just Saying
According to Solis's people, Alvarez punched in the face with no warning. Where I come from, that's called a sucker punch.
cslb is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:47 PM   #11
FreeRadricDavis
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslb View Post
According to Solis's people, Alvarez punched in the face with no warning. Where I come from, that's called a sucker punch.

According to Geni Smith he was sucker punched too. Maybe they should get together and trade stories.
FreeRadricDavis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #12
GolovKing
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 881
vCash: 627
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslb View Post
According to Solis's people, Alvarez punched in the face with no warning. Where I come from, that's called a sucker punch.
Ha! Talk sh!t and you should expect to be punched.

What is Canelo supposed to do? Say "hey, I am going to punch you now" and then wind up and swing? Is that the warning you are looking for?

Where do you come from, exactly?
GolovKing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #13
Ukansodoff
Only slightly camp
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: preston England
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

Was that sucker punch at 155?
Ukansodoff is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #14
cslb
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: From the land beyond beyond
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolovKing View Post
Ha! Talk sh!t and you should expect to be punched.

What is Canelo supposed to do? Say "hey, I am going to punch you now" and then wind up and swing? Is that the warning you are looking for?

Where do you come from, exactly?
I was raised in Detroit. Where are you from, tough guy?
cslb is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #15
GolovKing
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 881
vCash: 627
Default Re: Good boy Canelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukansodoff View Post
Was that sucker punch at 155?
Caneloweight
GolovKing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015