Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #256
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Brewster tried to swarm Wlad, as he did Golota, yes. Watch the first round and you'll see Brewster's attempts. But Wlad was successful at detering him, where as Golota was not, and got KOed as a result

Gotta tell it like it is.

But maybe Golota can rematch Brewster after he's fought another can or two. I'd also like to see Golota rematch Ruiz, seeing as how their fight was fairly close, and they are both needing a career boost.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #257
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
That one post, right there, has single handedly derailed the once mighty Golota Express.

After that death knell of a post, the once promising Golota Express is now a heaping, steeming pile of wreckage.

Brewster not only derailed the Golota Express, he placed explosive devices in every box car and blew it to a million pieces of scrap metal.

But this train somehow has been revived. We're down, but not out just yet.

I will try and stay possitive. After all, this is our last ride.

GO GOLOTA

Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #258
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoax976
I will try and stay possitive. After all, this is our last ride.

GO GOLOTA

What you are talking about, Golota is invincible he will have
at least 2 more returns before 2010 and he will be only 42 at that time.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #259
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Brewster tried to swarm Wlad, as he did Golota, yes. Watch the first round and you'll see Brewster's attempts. But Wlad was successful at detering him, where as Golota was not, and got KOed as a result

Gotta tell it like it is.

But maybe Golota can rematch Brewster after he's fought another can or two. I'd also like to see Golota rematch Ruiz, seeing as how their fight was fairly close, and they are both needing a career boost.

I noticed Brewster trying to rush Wlad as well. Wlad was smart and just stuck the jab in Brewster's face. Golota fought like an amateur and got clocked with a left hook.

I dont see Brewster and Golota rematching. But I'd like to see Golota rematch Byrd, Ruiz or even Grant.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #260
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves
What you are talking about, Golota is invincible he will have
at least 2 more returns before 2010 and he will be only 42 at that time.

I think we'd all like for Golota to fight on forever.

Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #261
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I noticed Brewster trying to rush Wlad as well. Wlad was smart and just stuck the jab in Brewster's face. Golota fought like an amateur and got clocked with a left hook.
Brewster vs Wlad wasn't even close to what he did against Golota, that was pure outslaught.
And with Wlad that was just an attempt, he jumped only forth and back like Maywetaher.
Against Golota he was pushing forward all the time swinging left and right hooks.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #262
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Brewster vs Wlad wasn't even close to what he did against Golota, that was pure outslaught.
And with Wlad that was just an attempt, he jumped only forth and back like Maywetaher.
Against Golota he was pushing forward all the time swinging left and right hooks.
I'd have to watch it again. Maybe Brewster was not nearly as relentless against Wlad as he was Golota. But I noticed he at least attempted to rush Wlad. I'm sure he knew that was his only shot.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #263
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'd have to watch it again. Maybe Brewster was not nearly as relentless against Wlad as he was Golota. But I noticed he at least attempted to rush Wlad. I'm sure he knew that was his only shot.
He rush only up to 20 sec when he pushed Wlad to the ropes, in this time he throw like 6 punches to the body with 2 or 3 landed.

With Golota he threw like 25 shots pressing all the time forward.
The bad thing for Golota was he was too static standing in front of Brewster all the time.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #264
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He rush only up to 20 sec when he pushed Wlad to the ropes, in this time he throw like 6 punches to the body with 2 or 3 landed.

With Golota he threw like 25 shots pressing all the time forward.
The bad thing for Golota was he was too static standing in front of Brewster all the time.
You can bet that if Wlad didn't have that jackhammer jab pounding Brewster head back every few seconds, he's have swarmed and KOed Wlad, just as he did Golota.

The attempt was there for Wlad, just as it was for Golota, but Wlad knew how to deal with it, and Golota apparently didn't.

I don't completely discount Golota for that loss, though. A fighter can come in cold and not really be warmed or really mentally prepared for a swarming onslaught like that, and can get KOed, when if more aware of what was coming, he may have been able to deter it, as Wlad did.

Wlad knew what was coming, and had his left hand, ****ed and loaded, ready to take Brewster's head off when he started that bum rush style of his, and the results speak for themselves.

Golota also has a monster jab that I think is still there and still impressive. Maybe in his next fight, it'll go a few rounds and we'll get to see a noticable improvement in Golota.

My favorite aspect of Golota is when he has a fighter hurt, how he seems to suddenly get real mean, and starts throwing hard shots from all angles in order to get his man outta there. Head shots, body shots, balls shots............anything is an open target to a Golota that smells blood.......it's wildy entertaining watching him try to pulverize a hurt opponent. He's a big tough guy who is a better boxer than he's given credit for.

Go GOLOTA!
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #265
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Golota's best days are still ahead.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #266
kaptnK
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
You can bet that if Wlad didn't have that jackhammer jab pounding Brewster head back every few seconds, he's have swarmed and KOed Wlad, just as he did Golota.

The attempt was there for Wlad, just as it was for Golota, but Wlad knew how to deal with it, and Golota apparently didn't.

I don't completely discount Golota for that loss, though. A fighter can come in cold and not really be warmed or really mentally prepared for a swarming onslaught like that, and can get KOed, when if more aware of what was coming, he may have been able to deter it, as Wlad did.

Wlad knew what was coming, and had his left hand, ****ed and loaded, ready to take Brewster's head off when he started that bum rush style of his, and the results speak for themselves.

Golota also has a monster jab that I think is still there and still impressive. Maybe in his next fight, it'll go a few rounds and we'll get to see a noticable improvement in Golota.

My favorite aspect of Golota is when he has a fighter hurt, how he seems to suddenly get real mean, and starts throwing hard shots from all angles in order to get his man outta there. Head shots, body shots, balls shots............anything is an open target to a Golota that smells blood.......it's wildy entertaining watching him try to pulverize a hurt opponent. He's a big tough guy who is a better boxer than he's given credit for.

Go GOLOTA!

Golota should have been prepared for Brewsters onslaught as Wladimir was. I knew it was comming, and everyone else, and I bet including Golota did as well. Before the fight I was saying to myself that if Golota can make it through the first 2 rounds, he should have the fight in the bag.

With all the excitment in the arena that night, that whole arena filled with shouting, screaming Polish fans, you can feel the energy. I think it got to Golota as well, and he realised that he has expectations that he has to live up to in front of everybody, and thats the point where it was already over. When the opening bell rang, there was so much electricity flowing through that arena it was enough to blow the roof off. I know Golota felt it and you can tell by how he tried to brawl with Brewster and got away from his game plan, and lost. Golota was never much of a brawler.

In not one of Golota's loses, has he ever recieved a thorough beating. He either won all his fights, then quit. Or got blown out in the first 2 rounds because of psychological meltdowns.
kaptnK is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #267
Jackson

AG spent 2 weeks riding bike in CO. 70 miles a day. He's down to 240 lbs. He should fight real soon.
Jackson is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #268
*BOX_FAN*
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson
AG spent 2 weeks riding bike in CO. 70 miles a day. He's down to 240 lbs. He should fight real soon.
GO ANDREW !
*BOX_FAN* is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #269
Boxfanatic

at Monte Barrett getting knocked out by Cliff Couser.

I do love to see the big talkers get a reality check.
Boxfanatic is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #270
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson
Welcome Newbie to the GOLOTAEXPRESS!

Yeah, we heard about 2 weeks ago that he was biking in Colorado. Where did you find out about the details of 70 miles a day & his wt now being 240? Just curious...

So I guess your a Golota fan!
JETSKI is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum