Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #7606
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 22,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Golota in China!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


The greatest Polish heavyweight boxer in history, Andrew Golota, arrived in Chengdu, China, on Wednesday at 12:30 a.m. and notified his team when he awakened from a brief sleep, "I want to go see the Great Panda Bears." He and three members of his team arrived at the nearby Great Panda Research Base in the early afternoon where he advised park officials that he wanted to meet Shan Ping, the rare one-year-old Great Panda Bear his promoter Don King was allowed to hold during an official visit in August. Golota is in China to face Ray Austin in the main event of the first world championship boxing card ever staged in Chengdu at Sichuan Gymnasium on Friday, Nov. 7.
ishy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #7607
Rumsfeld
Moderator
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Go to the Mushroom Mag!
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 655
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

One thing that scares me is, after the Mollo fight, I can't imagine Golota having more than 1 or 2 good efforts left in him.

He's clearly nearing his expiration date.

I really hope he has two more good efforts left, but I'm afraid we might be expecting too much from the old pugilist.

My biggest fear is that he has ONE great effort left in him, and that, after beating Austin, he will be spent by the time his fight with Valuev comes to fruition.

Hope I'm wrong, but damn! Andrew is OLD!

Regardless....




GO GOLOTA!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #7608
Rumsfeld
Moderator
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Go to the Mushroom Mag!
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 655
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy
Golota in China!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


The greatest Polish heavyweight boxer in history, Andrew Golota, arrived in Chengdu, China, on Wednesday at 12:30 a.m. and notified his team when he awakened from a brief sleep, "I want to go see the Great Panda Bears." He and three members of his team arrived at the nearby Great Panda Research Base in the early afternoon where he advised park officials that he wanted to meet Shan Ping, the rare one-year-old Great Panda Bear his promoter Don King was allowed to hold during an official visit in August. Golota is in China to face Ray Austin in the main event of the first world championship boxing card ever staged in Chengdu at Sichuan Gymnasium on Friday, Nov. 7.
That's AWESOME!!!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #7609
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,639
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld

..... damn! Andrew is OLD!
You wouldn't mind mention this to Andrew face to face?
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #7610
AG11
LETS GO COTTO!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

SO ****ING GREAT to take a look at Fightnews and see mention of Andrew and with a picture!!!!!!!!!
AG11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #7611
Rumsfeld
Moderator
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Go to the Mushroom Mag!
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 655
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves
You wouldn't mind mention this to Andrew face to face?
Why not?

I've been one of Golota's most loyal and enthusiastic fans for over a decade.

I still hope the best for him, and wish he could remain at a high level for even longer than Hopkins.

But the Mollo fight was the first fight I saw in which his age really started to show.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #7612
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,988
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

I think he'll probably manage to beat Austin, and maybe even beat Valuev, given the chance.



GOLOTA FOR PRESIDENT!
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #7613
xywsergio
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 124
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld
Why not?

I've been one of Golota's most loyal and enthusiastic fans for over a decade.

I still hope the best for him, and wish he could remain at a high level for even longer than Hopkins.

But the Mollo fight was the first fight I saw in which his age really started to show.
Still, he was giving some beating to the young prospect! Actually in the Heavyweight division I can't see any Ali, Foremans, Frazier, etc., so not to be over optimistic, but why should not he try to gain the belt once and for all? Hopkins has shown that age is a factor for sure, but not all, and he's 43, so why the hell Golota should be done????????????
xywsergio is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #7614
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,639
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by xywsergio
Still, he was giving some beating to the young prospect! Actually in the Heavyweight division I can't see any Ali, Foremans, Frazier, etc., so not to be over optimistic, but why should not he try to gain the belt once and for all? Hopkins has shown that age is a factor for sure, but not all, and he's 43, so why the hell Golota should be done????????????
The division is full of fighters who are either out of the shape, slow or without any talent. Golota always stays in shape and good conditioning, has good technique and decent pop. The speed is not the thing which is required at HW to succeed (see Vitaly or Valuev). All Golota needs is his motivated and calm head.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #7615
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,109
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld
One thing that scares me is, after the Mollo fight, I can't imagine Golota having more than 1 or 2 good efforts left in him.

He's clearly nearing his expiration date.

I really hope he has two more good efforts left, but I'm afraid we might be expecting too much from the old pugilist.

My biggest fear is that he has ONE great effort left in him, and that, after beating Austin, he will be spent by the time his fight with Valuev comes to fruition.

Hope I'm wrong, but damn! Andrew is OLD!

Regardless....




GO GOLOTA!

The guy does 70 mile bike rides in the Colorado mountains! He'll be alright...He knows what he's doing.

Hopefully.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #7616
xywsergio
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 124
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

I TRULY believe in him and I'm completely sure that he is doing his job to deservedly become heavyweight champion in 2009
xywsergio is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #7617
brisback
INFO-WARRIOR
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: www.infowars.com
Posts: 888
vCash: 1300
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by xywsergio
I TRULY believe in him and I'm completely sure that he is doing his job to deservedly become heavyweight champion in 2009
2008 - The contract is signed already for Valuev in dec.

GO GOLOTA!!!

brisback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #7618
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,589
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Have they figured out where and when this event will be televised? I am looking at the Promo site and can't see anything about that:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


P.S. Click on "videos" section on that site and see the funny promo clip of Golota, recycled from before the Ruiz fight. Gotta love DK - he's so cheap.


"First time for me that a black guy give a white guy a chance"
-Golota
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #7619
xywsergio
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 124
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

By the way, another Panda vs. Golota photo here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
xywsergio is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #7620
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tavistock, England
Posts: 7,150
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Great pic.
DamonD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013