Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 04:29 AM   #10066
Rumsfeld
Moderator
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Go to the Mushroom Mag!
Posts: 18,590
vCash: 655
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoax976 View Post
I definitely give Adamek a chance. For one I'm not sure what Golota has left. At his age and after all his fights he may be completely shot. But if Golota is as good as he was against Mollo, he should be able to beat him.

I'd go with 60/40 Golota.
Sounds about right to me.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 06:22 AM   #10067
Kojiro
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoax976 View Post
I definitely give Adamek a chance. For one I'm not sure what Golota has left. At his age and after all his fights he may be completely shot. But if Golota is as good as he was against Mollo, he should be able to beat him.

I'd go with 60/40 Golota.
Another important factor is that Golota is a RIDICULOUS underdog in the fight. You can even get 4,33$ for 1$ put on him. Adamek could be favored to win, sure, but these odds are plain stupid.

You have to remember that Golota doesn't lose when he's the underdog. The last time he was really supposed to lose was the Mollo fight and look what happened there.
Kojiro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #10068
Ashstrodamus
Rodney Dangerfield of ESB
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Up a hog's ass eating a ham sandwich
Posts: 186
vCash: 166
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
Another important factor is that Golota is a RIDICULOUS underdog in the fight. You can even get 4,33$ for 1$ put on him.
Huh??????
Ashstrodamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #10069
Kojiro
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashstrodamus View Post
Huh??????
What? I already made one bet online at these odds (+333).

Last edited by Kojiro; 10-12-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Kojiro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #10070
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,102
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyZOR View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Really nice pictures of Golota in training.

Makes you think...

Man.. Sam Colona, this guy doesnt give up!

Thanks Dude!

Golota looks a bit thick, but those pics were taken in mid September.

Golotas is whipping himself into shape!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And he looks happy!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


((((((((((((((((((((((((((((GO GOLOTA))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
JETSKI is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #10071
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,589
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoax976 View Post
Adamek has no business fighting at heavyweight IMO. It's simply not his natural weight and stands little chance beating Klitschos or even Valuev. Even an old has been like Golota will thrash Adamek. Hopefully Adamek will realize he made a mistake and go back down to his natural weight class.

I recall thesame comments being made about his Cruiserweight jump. Do not underestimate a GORAL. I say that IF his chin, power and speed carry over to HW he will be a real threat in that division. His name and offensive style alone are a guarantee that he will get a championship fight quicker than most fighters would (look at Haye). HW is desperate for good contenders and Adamek may fill that void. Based on that possibility alone (something that's no longer in Golota's reach) I am rooting for Adamek. Obviously, if Adamek cant beat Golota soundly, he has no business at HW.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #10072
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 823
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loufatski View Post
Golota's never had trouble in the gym. His trouble is in his head.

On another note, Poland blows 2-zip and the Eli is earning his paycheck.
Im not even interested in Polish football anymore.

Corrupt bullshit. Hope it all get settled, which i hope it will in time for 2012.
andyZOR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #10073
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,589
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyZOR View Post
Im not even interested in Polish football anymore.

Corrupt bullshit. Hope it all get settled, which i hope it will in time for 2012.

Apparently they still use flawed communist era training books for youth soccer coaches.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #10074
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,102
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
I recall thesame comments being made about his Cruiserweight jump. Do not underestimate a GORAL. I say that IF his chin, power and speed carry over to HW he will be a real threat in that division. His name and offensive style alone are a guarantee that he will get a championship fight quicker than most fighters would (look at Haye). HW is desperate for good contenders and Adamek may fill that void. Based on that possibility alone (something that's no longer in Golota's reach) I am rooting for Adamek. Obviously, if Adamek cant beat Golota soundly, he has no business at HW.
This is true...hard to root against Golota, but really, Adamek is the one with a future.

Lets say Adamek does school Golota...I say he should fight David Haye next to see which one of these guys should be the one to "fill that void" you talked about.

This Haye guy has really talked up a big name for himself & Adamek needs to prove he's the better man & even I can't say that until they fight & we all see who the real deal for a small HW would be.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #10075
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,589
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI View Post
This is true...hard to root against Golota, but really, Adamek is the one with a future.

Lets say Adamek does school Golota...I say he should fight David Haye next to see which one of these guys should be the one to "fill that void" you talked about.

This Haye guy has really talked up a big name for himself & Adamek needs to prove he's the better man & even I can't say that until they fight & we all see who the real deal for a small HW would be.

I expect Haye to win against Valuev, so Adamek may end up fighting him for a belt. If Adamek beats Golota, I would like to see him face stiffer tests like Ruiz, Chambers or Povetkin to get credibility and marketing momentum. I will go out on a limb and predict that the fight against Golota may look a lot like the fight Adamek had with Pineda. This was Adamek's first CW fight and he simply overwhelmed Pineda with speed, volume, angles and power. In the process he took Pineda's shots very well.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #10076
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,102
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
I expect Haye to win against Valuev, so Adamek may end up fighting him for a belt. If Adamek beats Golota, I would like to see him face stiffer tests like Ruiz, Chambers or Povetkin to get credibility and marketing momentum. I will go out on a limb and predict that the fight against Golota may look a lot like the fight Adamek had with Pineda. This was Adamek's first CW fight and he simply overwhelmed Pineda with speed, volume, angles and power. In the process he took Pineda's shots very well.
And Adamek did not have the 200 lbs of muscle, like now. I remember that Pineda fight & Tomasz was a bit flabby & soft from the extra weight, but since has turned it all into muscle.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #10077
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,589
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI View Post
And Adamek did not have the 200 lbs of muscle, like now. I remember that Pineda fight & Tomasz was a bit flabby & soft from the extra weight, but since has turned it all into muscle.


I think he may look flabby again at HW for his first few fights. Thats the fastest way to gain mass. Typically you gain mass first and then try to shape it. Tomasz's body is deceptive though. Youd never think that so much power could come from that and so little from a body like Cunningham's.
Aside from that, part of HW lucklustre performances are their balooned weights, which make fighters sluggish and out of breath by round 5.
I would love to have a 220lb HW champion again.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #10078
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,981
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
I expect Haye to win against Valuev, so Adamek may end up fighting him for a belt. If Adamek beats Golota, I would like to see him face stiffer tests like Ruiz, Chambers or Povetkin to get credibility and marketing momentum. I will go out on a limb and predict that the fight against Golota may look a lot like the fight Adamek had with Pineda. This was Adamek's first CW fight and he simply overwhelmed Pineda with speed, volume, angles and power. In the process he took Pineda's shots very well.
With all due respect, you can't compare Golota to "Pineda". I'd give Golota better chances with one arm and in a wheel chair over Pineda.
Loufatski is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #10079
Bart
The affable Doucheman
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Y'all can stop pm-ing me, I have them pm's disabled...
Posts: 51
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Gołota jest zrobione, trzymać widelec w nim.
Bart is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #10080
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
I recall thesame comments being made about his Cruiserweight jump. Do not underestimate a GORAL. I say that IF his chin, power and speed carry over to HW he will be a real threat in that division. His name and offensive style alone are a guarantee that he will get a championship fight quicker than most fighters would (look at Haye). HW is desperate for good contenders and Adamek may fill that void. Based on that possibility alone (something that's no longer in Golota's reach) I am rooting for Adamek. Obviously, if Adamek cant beat Golota soundly, he has no business at HW.

Well that's the thing, we wont know how Adamek will do as HW. But my gut tells me he does not belong, he simply does not have the natural size for HW. Also, Adamek has been knocked down at cruiser. His head is fairly small and he doesnt appear to have the right kind of chin to be getting hit by HWs. Especially by jackhammer right hands of Wlad Klitschko. Of course this is all speculation and I could be dead wrong, we'll find out in a couple of weeks.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013