Old 10-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #10081
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Gołota jest zrobione, trzymać widelec w nim.

Should Golota beat Adamek in two weeks, will you de-fork him?
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #10082
Bart
The affable Doucheman

Location: Y'all can stop pm-ing me, I have them pm's disabled...
vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoax976 View Post
Should Golota beat Adamek in two weeks, will you de-fork him?

It's more likely that I'd redouble my effort.
Bart is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #10083
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

It's more likely that I'd redouble my effort.

Hater.

Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #10084
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well that's the thing, we wont know how Adamek will do as HW. But my gut tells me he does not belong, he simply does not have the natural size for HW. Also, Adamek has been knocked down at cruiser. His head is fairly small and he doesnt appear to have the right kind of chin to be getting hit by HWs. Especially by jackhammer right hands of Wlad Klitschko. Of course this is all speculation and I could be dead wrong, we'll find out in a couple of weeks.
He's never been knocked down at Cruiser. Cunningham came close, but TA survived and put him on his ass 30 seconds later. If you believe that a 220lb fighter can once again reign supreme at HW, then you've got to believe in Adamek's chances. I think his body will fill in nicely at 215-225lb range in a year or so. He's only 4-5 inches shorter than either Klitschkos. His short reach may be a key problem against them though. Klits have so far shown consistency against low skilled, slow fighters who stand in front of them. I think Adamek can present something different.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #10085
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loufatski View Post
With all due respect, you can't compare Golota to "Pineda". I'd give Golota better chances with one arm and in a wheel chair over Pineda.

Depends which version of late Golota we're talking about. The Golota that fought Mollo may be better than Pineda. But the sluggish and easy to hit version we saw against Bates or Austin, is no better.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #10086
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Hater.

Not just a hater, but get a life.
Loufatski is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #10087
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
He's never been knocked down at Cruiser. Cunningham came close, but TA survived and put him on his ass 30 seconds later. If you believe that a 220lb fighter can once again reign supreme at HW, then you've got to believe in Adamek's chances. I think his body will fill in nicely at 215-225lb range in a year or so. He's only 4-5 inches shorter than either Klitschkos. His short reach may be a key problem against them though. Klits have so far shown consistency against low skilled, slow fighters who stand in front of them. I think Adamek can present something different.

My mistake. He was knocked down by Briggs in the rematch and that was at light heavyweight, which only solidifies my case even further. Didn't Dawson knock him down as well?

Not saying Adamek has a weak chin, he doesnt. And unlike Golota, he is able to recoup when hurt and find a way to win. But if it turns out he does not have the kind of chin to sustain a HW punch....It's hard to recoup when you get KTFO.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #10088
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Not just hater, but get a life.

I'm not sure he even knows who Golota is. I think he has some kind of deep-seated hatred for the mere success of the express train.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #10089
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Depends which version of late Golota we're talking about. The Golota that fought Mollo may be better than Pineda. But the sluggish and easy to hit version we saw against Bates or Austin, is no better.
Both fights are bad examples. Golota was coming off a layoff and got him out of there quickly. Against Austin there basically was no fight because the injury happened almost immediately. But I'm not impressed with Andrew coming in so unprepared that Austin flashed him with the 1st punch.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #10090
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm not sure he even knows who Golota is. I think he has some kind of deep-seated hatred for the mere success of the express train.
He bashes this train as much as he seems to bash the Irish. Obviously he gets some kind of satisfaction from doing these things so what can we do. Who cares about forking Golota. If he wins he wins, if he loses he loses.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #10091
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
My mistake. He was knocked down by Briggs in the rematch and that was at light heavyweight, which only solidifies my case even further. Didn't Dawson knock him down as well?

Not saying Adamek has a weak chin, he doesnt. And unlike Golota, he is able to recoup when hurt and find a way to win. But if it turns out he does not have the kind of chin to sustain a HW punch....It's hard to recoup when you get KTFO.
"Recup" against who? It's one thing to recup from Dawson, and another thing to recup from hard hitters like Golota or Klits.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #10092
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He bashes this train as much as he seems to bash the Irish. Obviously he gets some kind of satisfaction from doing these things so what can we do. Who cares about forking Golota. If he wins he wins, if he loses he loses.
Hey, watch your language!!!
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #10093
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Adamek became a different, more dimensional fighter when he went up in weight. He no longer gets hit as much, is more mobile and patient. His chin seemed to get stronger too, as examplefied most by that monstrous hit Banks (now a heavyweight) planted on him just before he got Ko'd. This new version of Adamek will not likely be as reckless at HW as he was at LHW. He's just not thesame fighter.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #10094
Bart
The affable Doucheman

Location: Y'all can stop pm-ing me, I have them pm's disabled...

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Bart is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #10095
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I knew you knew nothing about the legend that is Andrew Golota. You simply hate all the attention this thread gets and therefore want to destroy it.

It's just a thread in a boxing forum, Bart. Get help.

Hoax976 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum