Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 AM   #10786
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves View Post
Then Haye - Adamek for the title and rematch with Golota?

Not before both are wearing a strap.

It might be a little premature to say, but I think with fighters like Chambers, Povetkin, Haye and Adamek, the HW will likely enter into its renaissance period, where small but skilled heavyweights will rule. All it will take is a Klitschko loss to anyone of these fighters and all floodgates will break lose, kicking lard asses like Peter, Tua, Arreola and co into early retirement.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 AM   #10787
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loufatski View Post
On the other hand I'm not sure that's true. Lewis got flattened by Rahman and couldn't even recover. Whenever Andrew got hit or bombed he's always up on the count of one, unless he's hit with numerous bombs time after time. I think if he started a strict training program he would be able to tighten up that neck, and loosen those legs.

Golota has always rissen fairly quickly after all his knockdowns, even the most recent ones. But he goes down so easily these days. The Golota who was hit with Bowe's biggest shots for 16 rounds had a solid chin and would never get flattened like he was against Brewster and Austin. At 42 years old he's clearly battle worn.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #10788
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I always told my bros Golota needs to get KTFO in the locker room before he's ready for the ring. Perfect warmup.

I heard old man Duva used to slap him silly.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 AM   #10789
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves View Post
Assuming Sam is not going to train him anymore you will have a shot.

English instructions simply do not get through his thick skull. Golota should have been with Gmitruk, end of story.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 AM   #10790
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoax976 View Post
I heard old man Duva used to slap him silly.
He had to. He said if I could get Andrew in the right mood he'd beat anybody.
Loufatski is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 01:46 AM   #10791
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He had to. He said if I could get Andrew in the right mood he'd beat anybody.

Golota was a beast under Duva and Bloodworth. Parting with them plus having car accident were his biggest mistakes. No driving bastard...
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 01:52 AM   #10792
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Golota was a beast under Duva and Bloodworth. Parting with them plus having car accident were his biggest mistakes. No driving bastard...
All he needs to do is get back to the state of mind he was in back in 96, nothing to lose and good old thoroughbred training.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:56 AM   #10793
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
All he needs to do is get back to the state of mind he was in back in 96, nothing to lose and good old thoroughbred training.

A time machine is the best we can hope for, I'm afraid.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 02:05 AM   #10794
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

A time machine is the best we can hope for, I'm afraid.
Trouble is now his life is comfortable and time is spent at home not with fighters.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:16 AM   #10795
The Foul Pole
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 157

Don King said that he would make Golota-Valuev if Andrew have won with Adamek. Maybe if Haye beats Valuev this fight could happen. I think that Valuev is the only not-tomato can that Golota can beat and then retire.
The Foul Pole is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 02:21 AM   #10796
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Trouble is now his life is comfortable and time is spent at home not with fighters.

Maybe he'll take Adamek up on his offer and stay involved in the sport helping young polish fighters. That is if Adamek was sincere. What else does he have to do? It's not like he's gonna go get a job anywhere. Rearanging people's faces for 20 years might not look so great on a resume.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 02:24 AM   #10797
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foul Pole View Post
Don King said that he would make Golota-Valuev if Andrew have won with Adamek. Maybe if Haye beats Valuev this fight could happen. I think that Valuev is the only not-tomato can that Golota can beat and then retire.

Sadly I dont think Golota could even hang with Valuev. If Adamek was knocking him down, what do you think Valuev will do to him? I dont trust his chin anymore and he should start worrying more about his health.

At the very most, I'd maybe like to see him get back into shape and give us a farewell fight against a bum. But I doubt this will even happen.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #10798
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
I hate seeing Golota go out like this.....

I almost wish he'd fight a bum as a farewell fight.
The craziest thing is, from 1999-a few years ago, I have no doubt Golota would beat Bowe, and I still think he probably SHOULD, but Golota *IS* shot.

Amazing how time flies.

Still seems like just yesterday I was watching him dominate Bowe in between low blows.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 AM   #10799
The Foul Pole
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 157

Quote:
Sadly I dont think Golota could even hang with Valuev. If Adamek was knocking him down, what do you think Valuev will do to him? I dont trust his chin anymore and he should start worrying more about his health.

At the very most, I'd maybe like to see him get back into shape and give us a farewell fight against a bum. But I doubt this will even happen.
I know that the right thing to do for him is to retire but perspective of not seeing him again stepping back into the ring is just sad.
The Foul Pole is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 07:19 AM   #10800
Kojiro
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
I wonder why all this old shit is being dug up now? Convinient timing, don't you think?

My advice is to accept this defeat and quit trying to find a target for your anger.
The timing is perfect, the Adamek-Golota fight was the last event in their long relationship so its only fitting to make a summary.

And trust me, it was not impossible for Adamek to beat Golota up like he did and not look like an asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
That Golota is a whore monger is totally believable. I heard from more than one fan in NY and Chicago that he's seen around screwing with ugly women. The lesson is: If you're married don't have whores around a straight up, religious guy like Adamek, or else he will call you on it.

Let's leave Golota for a moment. You know, I've followed Adamek's career, was a big fan of his especially after the Ulrich fight, and seen countless interviews with the guy and he never had me convinced. If Adamek was saying the truth about the whores, why did he lose the case in court? You're basically saying that the fact that he's religious makes him somehow morally superior. It's total bullshit, the ones who talk about religion all the time are usually the most hypocrytical bastards. Just look at another deeply religious fighter, the holy Evan Fields.

Btw I've just read that Golota said in an interview he's going to think about settling things with Adamek after reading his open letter. He may not be so bitter after all.
Kojiro is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum