Old 10-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #11461
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Official Golota Express!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Andrew Golota, two times HW Champion (yes, yes, he won fights with Byrd and especially Ruiz) confirmed fight with Przemyslaw Saleta! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It will be the last fight for both fighters. Nice end of career.

You are 100% correct about the Byrd and Ruiz fights, and he not only beat the both of them fair and square with none of his monkey business but he also beat the crooked house referee, the same in both, Randy Neuman, in the process.

He's really coming back? Holy cow!
jacklondon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #11462
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
This thread is amazing! It's still alive!
BTW, what do you think is the career defining win of GOLOTA?!
Actually he had two career defining losses, the two wins he had over Bowe, and then he tossed them both in the garbage can. He was awesome then, but he's never looked anything like that again.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #11463
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Didn't he also have a injection against tenditis in his knee?

Not saying he would ever win from that version of Lewis (who would?), but atleast it could have been a damn good fight.
That fight was too bizarre, and I don't believe we know anything about what really happened. Golota didn't just show up cold, he didn't show up at all. His corner didn't know where he was. He wasn't in the stadium. Then he shows up in a police patrol car right before the fight.

I've dealt witha lot of junkies in my life. I know the look. The minute I saw him walk into the ring zombie-like with the glazed look in his eyes, I said to my girlfriend, "He's been doped. He's high on drugs."
Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #11464
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

So where does it say that he's fighting again?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #11465
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
This thread is amazing! It's still alive!
BTW, what do you think is the career defining win of GOLOTA?!

Funny enough, all 4 of Golota's career defining big fights were all losses (well, one draw). Bowe, rematch with Bowe, Byrd and Ruiz (should have won all four of those fights but somehow found a way to lose, though no fault of his own with Byrd and Ruiz).

But an actual career defining official win? I'd say Mollo. Po'uah was a big official win for Golota as well and an awesome war with a bite to boot.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #11466
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoax976 View Post
Funny enough, all 4 of Golota's career defining big fights were all losses (well, one draw). Bowe, rematch with Bowe, Byrd and Ruiz (should have won all four of those fights but somehow found a way to lose, though no fault of his own with Byrd and Ruiz).

But an actual career defining official win? I'd say Mollo.
Agreed on all counts!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #11467
Outlaw
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklondon View Post
So where does it say that he's fighting again?

According to polish media, fight will be in Wroclaw (Poland), 24th november 2012

Golota's wife said that Andrew is in good shape, because he prepared to fight with Bowe. Fight Golota-Bowe is cancelled,but Andrew is still in training. Both fighters treat this fight very seriously so it should be interesting duel

btw. sorry if I make any grammatical errors, english isn't my first language. I hope that you understand what I want to say.
Outlaw is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #11468
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
According to polish media, fight will be in Wroclaw (Poland), 24th november 2012

Golota's wife said that Andrew is in good shape, because he prepared to fight with Bowe. Fight Golota-Bowe is cancelled,but Andrew is still in training. Both fighters treat this fight very seriously so it should be interesting duel

btw. sorry if I make any grammatical errors, english isn't my first language. I hope that you understand what I want to say.

I noticed Golota has the worst luck in the months of October and November.

Golota vs Lewis October
Golota vs Grant November
Golota vs Tyson October
Golota vs Ruiz November
Golota vs Austin November
Golota vs Adamek October

Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #11469
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Of course probably the WORST fight Golota had came in the month of May against Brewster.

I ask my fellow Golotaholics, what was the absolute worst Golota fight to endure?

I'd say it's a toss up between the Brewster and the Tyson fight. I'd probably go with the Tyson fiasco. Gut wrenching watching him get pelted with drinks and trash as he literally had to run back to his dressing room and then that terrible interview they forced him to do thereafter.

But Brewster was a LOW moment too...hometown of Chicago, 20,000 poles cheering him on and he was flattenedd in 10 seconds.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #11470
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Of course probably the WORST fight Golota had came in the month of May against Brewster.

I ask my fellow Golotaholics, what was the absolute worst Golota fight to endure?

I'd say it's a toss up between the Brewster and the Tyson fight. I'd probably go with the Tyson fiasco. Gut wrenching watching him get pelted with drinks and trash as he literally had to run back to his dressing room and then that terrible interview they forced him to do thereafter.

But Brewster was a LOW moment too...hometown of Chicago, 20,000 poles cheering him on and he was flattenedd in 10 seconds.
the Brewster fiasco was bad to endure, especially when Golota was sure of winning and taunted Brewster prior to the fight
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #11471
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:

The worst thing to endure has to the first Bowe fight. I was sick to my stomach after that one.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #11472
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

Lol Gołota sure was a roller coaster. I miss him. There was nothing like the day of a Golota fight. It was like a ****ing holiday. Everybody shitting their pants at how he's gonna come out, and what crazy shit he will or won't pull. Was always madness and a bundle of nerves.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 02:41 AM   #11473
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Lol Gołota sure was a roller coaster. I miss him. There was nothing like the day of a Golota fight. It was like a ****ing holiday. Everybody shitting their pants at how he's gonna come out, and what crazy shit he will or won't pull. Was always madness and a bundle of nerves.
lol yea....I still remember those sleepless nights prior to a Golota fight
Honor is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #11474
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

d
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post

You hit the nail on the head. Actually, the entire week before a Golota fight was gut wrenching, exciting and festive. And then the day of the fight jitters was almost too much to handle. It was a rush! Will probably never get that kind of massive nervous excitement for a sports ever again.

Last edited by Hoax976; 10-09-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #11475
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor View Post
lol yea....I still remember those sleepless nights prior to a Golota fight

Hoax976 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum