Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
Axl_Nose
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Hatton is better than Calzaghe !!!!!

Hatton got destroyed against Mayweather in the same way as Naz got destroyed against Barrera , it was a hard thing to watch but these 2 guys couldnt compete against true champions .. But Joe Calzaghe is exactly the same, can anybody make an argument that Joe COULD beat a 90s Jones jr, its ridiculous, it would have been like last night but probably more 1 sided, Lacey and Kessler are 2 capable boxers, nothing more, nothing less , and nothing like Roy ..... they aint no Mayweather but tonight Joe walks away with the BBC'S sports personality of the year ahead of Ricky ..... At least Ricky and Naz went to Vegas or New York to fight and no matter what anybody says, to make a mark in boxing a fighter has to fight in vegas or the garden .... I like Joe but he needs to step out from the comfort zone, and who the hell is gonna tell me that Joe is better than Jones Jr which is Joes equivalent to Rickys Floyd ................. the real question is who is the best fighter of the last 20 years, Floyd or Pernell ???????? now that is a tough one
Axl_Nose is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Hatton is better than Calzaghe !!!!!

At the end of the day Kessler IMO is an awesome fighter, & Calzaghe beat him.
Calzaghe beat the best in Kessler, & to say beating a guy like Kessler is fighting in the "comfort zone" is quite ludicrous.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl_Nose
Hatton got destroyed against Mayweather in the same way as Naz got destroyed against Barrera , it was a hard thing to watch but these 2 guys couldnt compete against true champions .. But Joe Calzaghe is exactly the same, can anybody make an argument that Joe COULD beat a 90s Jones jr, its ridiculous, it would have been like last night but probably more 1 sided, Lacey and Kessler are 2 capable boxers, nothing more, nothing less , and nothing like Roy ..... they aint no Mayweather but tonight Joe walks away with the BBC'S sports personality of the year ahead of Ricky ..... At least Ricky and Naz went to Vegas or New York to fight and no matter what anybody says, to make a mark in boxing a fighter has to fight in vegas or the garden .... I like Joe but he needs to step out from the comfort zone, and who the hell is gonna tell me that Joe is better than Jones Jr which is Joes equivalent to Rickys Floyd ................. the real question is who is the best fighter of the last 20 years, Floyd or Pernell ???????? now that is a tough one
Have you seen Joe fight? and you think hes a technically inferior boxer to Hatton.
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Kessler imo is better p4p than Hatton
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

American fighters are the best! I just love it when the crowds start chanting
"U S A, U S A"
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #6
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl_Nose
I didn't read this, the subject says it all.. good luck!
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #7
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

better at holding and at drinking bevvy, but not better at boxing...that is very clear.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Man, some Hatton fans still don't feel humbled.

Roy wasn't a super middle by the time Calzaghe was ready and he wouldn't of been outclassed either.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

There's no shame in losing against the P4P number 1, especially when moving up a weight to fight him. We wouldn't think any less of Calzaghe if he'd moved up to fight Roy Jones and got knocked out so we shouldn't think any less of Hatton.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #10
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike464
There's no shame in losing against the P4P number 1, especially when moving up a weight to fight him. We wouldn't think any less of Calzaghe if he'd moved up to fight Roy Jones and got knocked out so we shouldn't think any less of Hatton.
hatton has been at top level for 2 and a half years and he's already fought the best.

calzaghe was wasting his time with guys like david starie 2 and a half yrs into his reign.

as good as kessler is, he's no floyd mayweather.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #11
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1
hatton has been at top level for 2 and a half years and he's already fought the best.

calzaghe was wasting his time with guys like david starie 2 and a half yrs into his reign.

as good as kessler is, he's no floyd mayweather.
I'd say Calzaghe's only fought at the top level for a couple of years.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #12
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict

Hatton is ya....definatly, good shout! Calzaghe is nothing, pure shit!

hug...punch ..kiss...headbutt.. .punch. ..hold...hug.. .punch. ..punch. ..hug...kiss...hug...hit head off turnbuckle...hug...fight over
Healy is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #13
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

All these guys are traffic jamming the paths which are a few streets behind Mundine's p4p ranking.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #14
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Hatton has beaten superior fighters to Joe. He also has also put himself up against the best p4p in the world. Even if he did lose, for that he deserves credit. Putting himself in such a position is something Joe has never even looked like doing throughout his long drawn out career.

I'm not saying Ricky is a better fighter. But based on opponents and guts at taking on opposition. I have to give Hatton the nod here as being deserved of more recognition and praise then Calzaghe.

Costa Tzu was a far better champion then anything Joe has ever faced. Before anyone starts. Lacy with time is now looking increasingly normal and nothing special at all. Eubank at his best (he was shot when he met Joe) was a lesser fighter then Tzu. Kessler's the best Joe has faced as he met him in his prime. Very Good fighter but nowhere near in the league of TZU. Not even remotely!

Ricky Hatton has also been a two weight division champion. Joe has never done this or tested himself outside his own weight division.

IMO Ricky at this moment in time deserves more recognition because of where hes has been. I'm not saying hes a better fighter, thats subjective. Just give Ricky the respect and credit he deserves for sticking his neck on the line against exceptional opponents. Even if he did lose against the best fighter in the world.

Joe really should have fought the likes of RJJ and Hopkins(when he was in his prime). Ricky has fought the weight equivalent of these and therefore deserves greater respect. Ricky even moved up a division to get a shot. Did Joe do this? No, I wonder why?
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #15
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli
Hatton has beaten superior fighters to Joe. He also has also put himself up against the best p4p in the world. Even if he did lose, for that he deserves credit. Putting himself in such a position is something Joe has never even looked like doing throughout his long drawn out career.

I'm not saying Ricky is a better fighter. But based on opponents and guts at taking on opposition. I have to give Hatton the nod here as being deserved of more recognition and praise then Calzaghe.

Costa Tzu was a far better champion then anything Joe has ever faced. Before anyone starts. Lacy with time is now looking increasingly normal and nothing special at all. Eubank at his best (he was shot when he met Joe) was a lesser fighter then Tzu. Kessler's the best Joe has faced as he met him in his prime. Very Good fighter but nowhere near in the league of TZU. Not even remotely!

Ricky Hatton has also been a two weight division champion. Joe has never done this or tested himself outside his own weight division.

IMO Ricky at this moment in time deserves more recognition because of where hes has been. I'm not saying hes a better fighter, thats subjective. Just give Ricky the respect and credit he deserves for sticking his neck on the line against exceptional opponents. Even if he did lose against the best fighter in the world.

Joe really should have fought the likes of RJJ and Hopkins(when he was in his prime). Ricky has fought the weight equivalent of these and therefore deserves greater respect. Ricky even moved up a division to get a shot. Did Joe do this? No, I wonder why?
I pretty much agree with most of this - but I don't think it's fair to slag off Chris Eubanks. He was past his prime - but in his prime he was an indestructible fighter. His wars with Nigel Benn and Michael Watson were nothing less than phenomenal. His victories over those two amazing fighters marks Eubanks as a one time great fighter.

Joe Calzaghe does need to fight Hopkins and Jones before he retires though.
sugarngold is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum