Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
aus-boxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 414
vCash: 75
Default Quon Given Shot At Frampton

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Australian Bantamweight, Mark Quon (11-3-1) will be replacing the gap left by Kiko Martinez who was forced to pull out of his bout with Carl Frampton due to personal reasons.

Mark will be fighting Carl Frampton (10-0) of Belfast, Northern Ireland. Frampton is the current BBBofC Celtic Title holder but the pair will be fighting for the vacant Commonwealth Super Bantamweight title on Saturday night. Quon’s manager Adam Wilcox thinks that Mark stands a real chance in this fight against an opponent who is 10-0 but very unexperienced as he has only had 39 rounds of pro-boxing.

Adam Wilcox also told Aus-Boxing.com, ” It took a lot of work and no sleep with the time difference but its on, massive opportunity.” When asked about whether Quon would be ready for the fight, Wilcox said: “Although the fight was taken at short notice, Mark was deep into training for a Sept 24th bout, so there shouldn’t be any problems with his fitness.”

The fight will be the main support bout to the McCloskey vs Bredis Prescott World Title eliminator. The fight will take place at the Odyssey Arena, Belfast, Northern Ireland next Saturday night 10th September, 2011 (5am AEST, Sunday 11th September, 2011) live on Sky Sports UK.
aus-boxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 75
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Got a good chance in this fight.
All the best to him.
old man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:53 AM   #3
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Good opportunity, good luck to him.
Contendo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Tough fight...good step up for the lad nothing to lose really.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:15 AM   #5
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Quon won't get a better opportunity to win an international title than this. Haven't seen Frampton, but looking at their respective records, Quon should be a real chance here.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:22 AM   #6
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Couldn't find a lot on Frampton. But this is well worth a watch:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0shgN7ppoeM[/ame]
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #7
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 346
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

huge step up, Quon will get stoped imo. be suprized if the fight even goes ahead.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:35 AM   #8
aus-boxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 414
vCash: 75
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
huge step up, Quon will get stoped imo. be suprized if the fight even goes ahead.
its all been sorted and he's heading off tomorrow as Frampton's first opponent pulled out
aus-boxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:36 AM   #9
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 75
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

I suggest you check Framptons record and the fighters he has fought.
old man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:09 AM   #10
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 346
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

m8, do you know Framptons boxing history?

he is a very experianced amateur with big wraps on him in belfast. Quon is out of his league with this one im sorry to say.

Framptons had around 130 amateur bouts with 110 victories, dont go on his pro record alone. Frampton had his first boxing fight at the age of 7 and was also in the High Performance Team, which is an irish elite amateur boxing group.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #11
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus-boxing View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Australian Bantamweight, Mark Quon (11-3-1) will be replacing the gap left by Kiko Martinez who was forced to pull out of his bout with Carl Frampton due to personal reasons.

Mark will be fighting Carl Frampton (10-0) of Belfast, Northern Ireland. Frampton is the current BBBofC Celtic Title holder but the pair will be fighting for the vacant Commonwealth Super Bantamweight title on Saturday night. Quon’s manager Adam Wilcox thinks that Mark stands a real chance in this fight against an opponent who is 10-0 but very unexperienced as he has only had 39 rounds of pro-boxing.

Adam Wilcox also told Aus-Boxing.com, ” It took a lot of work and no sleep with the time difference but its on, massive opportunity.” When asked about whether Quon would be ready for the fight, Wilcox said: “Although the fight was taken at short notice, Mark was deep into training for a Sept 24th bout, so there shouldn’t be any problems with his fitness.”

The fight will be the main support bout to the McCloskey vs Bredis Prescott World Title eliminator. The fight will take place at the Odyssey Arena, Belfast, Northern Ireland next Saturday night 10th September, 2011 (5am AEST, Sunday 11th September, 2011) live on Sky Sports UK.
Great to see an Aussie fighting for a Commonwealth Title. Good luck Mark Quon
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,196
vCash: 75
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Realistically Frampton should have a fairly easy time with Quon, he had a very good amateur career and is looking a great prospect now. In saying that ive never seen Quon fight so I dont know how good he is.

Fair play to Quon for taking the fight on less than a weeks notice btw.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #13
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Wishing him all the very best.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #14
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Great to see an Aussie fighting for a Commonwealth Title. Good luck Mark Quon
Yep .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #15
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,468
vCash: 500
Default Re: Quon Given Shot At Frampton

Frampton will destroy him. He is super talented and has punching power.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013