Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
almsn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Ricky Burn's video

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Say's he's looking forward to facing Broner. Would be quality to see Burns win this
almsn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Ricky Burn's video

I tink he can do it, if he shows up at his absolute best, will be a tough fight though.
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Who should Ricky get for sparring you think lads?

I mentioned to HH maybe Rhys Roberts? someone who is quick. Not really like Broner but has speed,reflexes and decent ability and give Ricky a good work out i'd say.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Ricky Burns*
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
jpab19
Exploding Muffin Dad
East Side Guru

vCash: 9287

Cheeky's my new favourite poster. That gets me every time.
jpab19 is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
almsn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
Ricky Burns*
Hahahah
almsn is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
almsn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

See what boxingnews24 say about this fight .Terrible biased article I think tbh .Burns gets no respect at all in this article .It was a quality performance against Martinez I think .Foty candidate . Showed chin and heart .He was down but got back up and took some cracking shots .What else can you ask for in a fight .

WBO super featherweight champion Ricky Burns (32-2, 9 KO’s) is facing his best opponent of his entire 10-year pro career on November 26th when he fights unbeaten American talent Adrien Broner (21-0, 17 KO’s) at the U.S Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. Burns has been facing weak opposition for pretty much his entire career with the exception of his fight against a weak drained Roman Martinez in September 2010.

Burns is now facing an almost guaranteed knockout loss to the young 22-year-old Broner. In analyzing his American opponent, Burns sees a lot of the same things that other people see when looking at Broner, noticing how similar he is to Floyd Mayweather Jr., and how good of a left hook he has.

On Sky Sports Ringside, Burns made these observations about Broner: “That’s a fight I’ve always wanted. I’ve seen his last couple of fights, and he’s a big puncher. He’s got an awkward style somewhat like Floyd Mayweather. He likes to fight at his own pace, and I think I’m going to try and take that away from him. He’s got quick hands; He’s a counter puncher, and likes to draw you in, and counter you with left hooks.”

That’s a lot to digest. Burns’ analysis of Broner is still far too simple, because Broner reacts differently depending on what his opponents do. He can fight at his own pace or fight at the pace of his opponent. It doesn’t matter. He’s flexible, quick to adapt and deadly with his amazing hand speed and power. He makes you pay for mistakes, and believe me, Broner is going to be making Burns pay for every mistake he makes in the ring in their fight in November. I’d be surprised if this fight makes it past the 6th round, because Burns is so wide open and there to be hit.
almsn is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

That's cos that site's a joke mate. Don't read anything they write tbh..
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by almsn View Post
See what boxingnews24 say about this fight .Terrible biased article I think tbh .Burns gets no respect at all in this article .It was a quality performance against Martinez I think .Foty candidate . Showed chin and heart .He was down but got back up and took some cracking shots .What else can you ask for in a fight .

WBO super featherweight champion Ricky Burns (32-2, 9 KOís) is facing his best opponent of his entire 10-year pro career on November 26th when he fights unbeaten American talent Adrien Broner (21-0, 17 KOís) at the U.S Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. Burns has been facing weak opposition for pretty much his entire career with the exception of his fight against a weak drained Roman Martinez in September 2010.

Burns is now facing an almost guaranteed knockout loss to the young 22-year-old Broner. In analyzing his American opponent, Burns sees a lot of the same things that other people see when looking at Broner, noticing how similar he is to Floyd Mayweather Jr., and how good of a left hook he has.

On Sky Sports Ringside, Burns made these observations about Broner: ďThatís a fight Iíve always wanted. Iíve seen his last couple of fights, and heís a big puncher. Heís got an awkward style somewhat like Floyd Mayweather. He likes to fight at his own pace, and I think Iím going to try and take that away from him. Heís got quick hands; Heís a counter puncher, and likes to draw you in, and counter you with left hooks.Ē

Thatís a lot to digest. Burnsí analysis of Broner is still far too simple, because Broner reacts differently depending on what his opponents do. He can fight at his own pace or fight at the pace of his opponent. It doesnít matter. Heís flexible, quick to adapt and deadly with his amazing hand speed and power. He makes you pay for mistakes, and believe me, Broner is going to be making Burns pay for every mistake he makes in the ring in their fight in November. Iíd be surprised if this fight makes it past the 6th round, because Burns is so wide open and there to be hit.

that repulsive article was posted last week, sadly it written by someone who works this site sadly.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #10
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

WBO super featherweight champion Ricky Burns (32-2, 9 KOís) is facing his best opponent of his entire 10-year pro career on November 26th when he fights unbeaten American talent Adrien Broner (21-0, 17 KOís) at the U.S Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. Burns has been facing weak opposition for pretty much his entire career with the exception of his fight against a weak drained Roman Martinez in September 2010.

On Sky Sports Ringside, Burns made these observations about Broner: ďThatís a fight Iíve always wanted. Iíve seen his last couple of fights, and heís a big puncher. Heís got an awkward style somewhat like Floyd Mayweather. He likes to fight at his own pace, and I think Iím going to try and take that away from him. Heís got quick hands; Heís a counter puncher, and likes to draw you in, and counter you with left hooks.Ē

Thatís a lot to digest. Burnsí analysis of Broner is still far too simple, because Broner reacts differently depending on what his opponents do. He can fight at his own pace or fight at the pace of his opponent. It doesnít matter. Heís flexible, quick to adapt and deadly with his amazing hand speed and power. He makes you pay for mistakes, and believe me, Broner is going to be making Burns pay for every mistake he makes in the ring in their fight in November. Iíd be surprised if this fight makes it past the 6th round, because Burns is so wide open and there to be hit.
LOL can they suck broners **** any more? even trying to take away from the martinez win.
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
EnglishWay
KO King 2010
ESB Addict

vCash: 1197

Quote:

i dont go out of my way to read there articles but if i do come across one then there always good for laugh - dont take it serious because im sure the writer aint serious half the time.
EnglishWay is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

It's not Scotty123's finest work.
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #13
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalletInspector View Post
It's not Scotty123's finest work.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #14
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Theres going to be a lot of cunts here eating humble pie AGAIN when Ricky beats Broner.

Cant wait to hear the next round of excuses.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #15
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Theres going to be a lot of cunts here eating humble pie AGAIN when Ricky beats Broner.

Cant wait to hear the next round of excuses.
i doubt that, rickys going back to fitting nikies on little kiddies at JJBs once broners done with him,

Last edited by IRONSENSE2002; 09-05-2011 at 09:59 PM.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum