Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
aus-boxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 414
vCash: 75
Default Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

After her controversial split with the Brizzi Brothers earlier in the year, Susie ‘Q’ quickly found herself learning more than she bargained for about the shape of boxing in her home town of Melbourne.

While Susie and new trainer Robbie Peden tried to ensure the defence of her IBF Bantamweight title was held in Australia, they were shunned by Melbourne promoters who showed next to no support and refused to sign Susie to a show.

With only weeks to go before Susie’s world title would become vacated, Boxa promotions agreed to put Susie on Anthony Mundine’s undercard against Alvarez. Soon after another delay was encountered with the scheduled opponent, which eventually resulted in Susie’s IBF Bantamweight world title becoming vacated.

Being a woman in this sport remains a challenge for Susie however being a true ambassador of the sport and a role model for many other female athletes she will remain focussed on getting her belt back.

Susie ‘Q’ Ramadan will take on Yazmin Rivas from Mexico (29 fights/22 wins) for her chance to regain the women’sIBF Bantamweight world title which she deserves to hold.

The fight is set to take place on Saturday the 15th of October at 7pm in Cancun, Mexico. (Australian television rights are currently being negotiated)
Should Susie win this fight, she will continue to make history by being the first Australian female 2 x IBF World Champion.

Physically and mentally, Susie is in the best shape of her career and is determined to bring the IBF title back to Australia. In early October, Susie will travel with her team to Los Angeles to train and spar with some of the boxing greats. In the meantime, we would like to gather as much support and exposure as possible. This is Susie’s first overseas fight and if there’s ever been a time she’s needed to feel supported by the Australian public -it’s now.
aus-boxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2011, 06:08 AM   #2
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Very disappointing for Susie to lose her title under those circumstances. From what I've seen and heard of her she'll just go out and win it back again anyway.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:13 AM   #3
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Wasnt she given a year to defend in a mandatory? cant blame them for stripping her of the title if shes failed to meet her obligations as the champion.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Wasnt she given a year to defend in a mandatory? cant blame them for stripping her of the title if shes failed to meet her obligations as the champion.
Reading above it sounds like she tried to defend inside the timeframe but promotors wouldn't support her bout.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

a year is a long time to get something happening m8, i dont buy it.

She sht on the brizzi brothers who are well known in Melbourne, why on earth did she think that any promoter would put it on in that state? there is other states in AUS, i think she left it to late, its a little bit like the boy who cryed wolf. She had ample amount of time, no one but to blame but herself and her team.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 AM   #6
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
a year is a long time to get something happening m8, i dont buy it.

She sht on the brizzi brothers who are well known in Melbourne, why on earth did she think that any promoter would put it on in that state? there is other states in AUS, i think she left it to late, its a little bit like the boy who cryed wolf. She had ample amount of time, no one but to blame but herself and her team.
She'll probably win it straight back. So it's unlikely to be much of a setback for her. Why she left her original trainers I have no idea but I bet Robbie Peden will improve her even further.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #7
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Im suprized Robbie couldnt get her a fight in some other state, he has plenty of connections, perhaps this is a bit of a publicity stunt. It does say she aims to be the first person to win the IBF title twice or something like that, seems like it was all planned to me. At the level shes fighting at its not hard to get opponents and they could have put the show on themselfs or one of Robbies mates could have put it on for them.

Its all good to get sympathy from the fans but it has to be legit, im sorry but i dont buy her story.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #8
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Im suprized Robbie couldnt get her a fight in some other state, he has plenty of connections, perhaps this is a bit of a publicity stunt. It does say she aims to be the first person to win the IBF title twice or something like that, seems like it was all planned to me. At the level shes fighting at its not hard to get opponents and they could have put the show on themselfs or one of Robbies mates could have put it on for them.

Its all good to get sympathy from the fans but it has to be legit, im sorry but i dont buy her story.
We are all entitled to our opinions. But I choose to believe the original story.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,433
vCash: 970
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus-boxing View Post
After her controversial split with the Brizzi Brothers earlier in the year, Susie ‘Q’ quickly found herself learning more than she bargained for about the shape of boxing in her home town of Melbourne.

While Susie and new trainer Robbie Peden tried to ensure the defence of her IBF Bantamweight title was held in Australia, they were shunned by Melbourne promoters who showed next to no support and refused to sign Susie to a show.

With only weeks to go before Susie’s world title would become vacated, Boxa promotions agreed to put Susie on Anthony Mundine’s undercard against Alvarez. Soon after another delay was encountered with the scheduled opponent, which eventually resulted in Susie’s IBF Bantamweight world title becoming vacated.

Being a woman in this sport remains a challenge for Susie however being a true ambassador of the sport and a role model for many other female athletes she will remain focussed on getting her belt back.

Susie ‘Q’ Ramadan will take on Yazmin Rivas from Mexico (29 fights/22 wins) for her chance to regain the women’sIBF Bantamweight world title which she deserves to hold.

The fight is set to take place on Saturday the 15th of October at 7pm in Cancun, Mexico. (Australian television rights are currently being negotiated)
Should Susie win this fight, she will continue to make history by being the first Australian female 2 x IBF World Champion.

Physically and mentally, Susie is in the best shape of her career and is determined to bring the IBF title back to Australia. In early October, Susie will travel with her team to Los Angeles to train and spar with some of the boxing greats. In the meantime, we would like to gather as much support and exposure as possible. This is Susie’s first overseas fight and if there’s ever been a time she’s needed to feel supported by the Australian public -it’s now.

Not sure how Susie could have been stripped of the IBF title she only won in February this year.

Surely she still holds the IBF title and is defending it in Mexico?

More likely she's been stripped of one of her two WBF titles that she won over 12 months ago.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Title is vacant. Looks like she failed to defend by Aug 20
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
coops
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

She had 6 months to defend her title (IBF guidelines). Obviously her previous management made this defence more difficult to obtain, as given she was made to fight a non title 10 rounder fight in May rather than prioritising her IBF defence.

Maybe give the Brizzi's a call so they can tell you themselves that they asked Susie to go separate ways... What was she meant to do? Since the split, she has had to defend THEIR decision about going their separate ways.. It's a shame they made the decision to part ways rather than answer questions that Susie had.
This split delayed the title defence as she had to rebuild her team from scratch.
Robbie's task in getting Susie a fight in Melbourne was complicated by having such a short period of time to defend the title and promoters obviously didn't get behind her. Considering all of the changes and obstacles, Robbie hasn't done too badly in securing a main event fight in Cancun, Mexico - against a top rated fighter - even after the title became vacant.
Publicity stunt??? You've been watching too much reality TV... This is boxing. Susie 'Q'.. she's a fighter.. the real deal. She doesn't need sympathy from her supporters.. She wants them to know the reality of the situation rather than bitter outbursts from people who seem to know a lot... about very little.
I hope she's got plenty of space in the trophy cabinet for the 2nd IBF belt... Things happen for a reason. Given what she's gone through.. she deserves more than the 2 IBF belts she will soon own... maybe she deserves a little more respect for all she's achieved and will continue to achieve. This 'little girl has a LOT of courage...
coops is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #12
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 75
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Is Susie our best female boxer Coops?
If not who is?
old man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #13
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Quote:
Originally Posted by coops View Post
She had 6 months to defend her title (IBF guidelines). Obviously her previous management made this defence more difficult to obtain, as given she was made to fight a non title 10 rounder fight in May rather than prioritising her IBF defence.

Maybe give the Brizzi's a call so they can tell you themselves that they asked Susie to go separate ways... What was she meant to do? Since the split, she has had to defend THEIR decision about going their separate ways.. It's a shame they made the decision to part ways rather than answer questions that Susie had.
This split delayed the title defence as she had to rebuild her team from scratch.
Robbie's task in getting Susie a fight in Melbourne was complicated by having such a short period of time to defend the title and promoters obviously didn't get behind her. Considering all of the changes and obstacles, Robbie hasn't done too badly in securing a main event fight in Cancun, Mexico - against a top rated fighter - even after the title became vacant.
Publicity stunt??? You've been watching too much reality TV... This is boxing. Susie 'Q'.. she's a fighter.. the real deal. She doesn't need sympathy from her supporters.. She wants them to know the reality of the situation rather than bitter outbursts from people who seem to know a lot... about very little.
I hope she's got plenty of space in the trophy cabinet for the 2nd IBF belt... Things happen for a reason. Given what she's gone through.. she deserves more than the 2 IBF belts she will soon own... maybe she deserves a little more respect for all she's achieved and will continue to achieve. This 'little girl has a LOT of courage...

Pretty fckn cheap of you to blame the brizzi brothers. Did they do all the fighting for Suzie also?

She won the title on the 20th Febuary 2011, then had a fight on the 1st of May, which is around 2 months later, after initally winning the title. leaving her 4 more months to get a title defence fight.

You claim its not a publicity stunt, yet in May shes bching about her split when she should have been bussy at work with her NEW TEAM!.

Quote:
Split with Brizzi brothers KO's Susie "Q" Ramadan
  • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
31 May 11 @ 12:11pm by Cody Winnell
Not looking for Sympathy hey?

Quote:
said she was “mentally and emotionally devastated” after Ben Brizzi, of the Brizzi Bros Boxing Gym in Kingsbury, said it was time for the parties to go separate ways.
some cement pills will fix that up!

Quote:
But co-trainer Ben Brizzi said he and Ramadan had differing views on where sponsorship money should be spent, which made the relationship no longer tenable.
In other words she got to greedy for her own boots.

Shes blaming Melb promoters, Split with Brizzi bros etc, she dont blame herself or her team. They had 4 months to get this sht together and failed in doing so. Next time get ya sht together if you wanna Tango with the Mango. Brizzi brothers are straight up good guys. This chick is a farkn sookie la la
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,433
vCash: 970
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

Quote:
Originally Posted by coops View Post
She had 6 months to defend her title (IBF guidelines). Obviously her previous management made this defence more difficult to obtain, as given she was made to fight a non title 10 rounder fight in May rather than prioritising her IBF defence.

Maybe give the Brizzi's a call so they can tell you themselves that they asked Susie to go separate ways... What was she meant to do? Since the split, she has had to defend THEIR decision about going their separate ways.. It's a shame they made the decision to part ways rather than answer questions that Susie had.
This split delayed the title defence as she had to rebuild her team from scratch.
Robbie's task in getting Susie a fight in Melbourne was complicated by having such a short period of time to defend the title and promoters obviously didn't get behind her. Considering all of the changes and obstacles, Robbie hasn't done too badly in securing a main event fight in Cancun, Mexico - against a top rated fighter - even after the title became vacant.
Publicity stunt??? You've been watching too much reality TV... This is boxing. Susie 'Q'.. she's a fighter.. the real deal. She doesn't need sympathy from her supporters.. She wants them to know the reality of the situation rather than bitter outbursts from people who seem to know a lot... about very little.
I hope she's got plenty of space in the trophy cabinet for the 2nd IBF belt... Things happen for a reason. Given what she's gone through.. she deserves more than the 2 IBF belts she will soon own... maybe she deserves a little more respect for all she's achieved and will continue to achieve. This 'little girl has a LOT of courage...

Thanks for clearing things up .
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
coops
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ramadan Stripped Of Title, Set To Regain

...

Last edited by coops; 09-09-2011 at 10:56 AM.
coops is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013