Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2007, 04:05 AM   #1
rooq
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Next for Hatton?

I missed the postfight interview (if there was one)...

Obviously he looked devestated. i'm just wondering how everyone thinks he'll take his first loss. will he call it a day, or still persue ODH. (if ODH still wants to fight him). or will he move back down to lww?
rooq is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 07:44 AM   #2
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Default Re: Next for Hatton?

The weight is not the issue here.Hatton simply isnt good enough to face the big guns at 47.This is entirely due to his style.If he faces Cotto Cintron DLH Marg Williams Shane etc etc he gets hurt and probably stopped in an even more devastating fashion. Of course his better off at 140 theres no one really there anymore.The belt holders are relative unknowns who dont have much buying power.His next fight in my opinion needs to be vs Wittter for the WBC.He can take his anger out on him.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

What is left for him? It took the very best to beat him; he is young, witty and rich I would look to take advantage of my huge popularity if I was Ricky, either though training or commentary, there is no need to fight again IMO.
TBooze is online now  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
The weight is not the issue here.Hatton simply isnt good enough to face the big guns at 47.This is entirely due to his style.If he faces Cotto Cintron DLH Marg Williams Shane etc etc he gets hurt and probably stopped in an even more devastating fashion. Of course his better off at 140 theres no one really there anymore.The belt holders are relative unknowns who dont have much buying power.His next fight in my opinion needs to be vs Wittter for the WBC.He can take his anger out on him.
he's definitely not big enough to compete with any of the welterweights, and now he's already faced the p4p number 1, i don't think theres much else to do. i.e. facing williams or cintron is just unrealistic. cotto would still be just about possible (with hatton as big underdog), but i don't think it will happen now that hatton has lost his 0. cotto will be wanting mayweather.

maybe he'll fight witter which tbh will only mean something to hardcore boxing fans (the guy can't even sell out the donny dome). or malignaggi if he still wants to fight in america. other than that, the only meaningful fight i can see is if he waits for juan diaz to move up to lww.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 07:57 AM   #5
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

the weight thing is just one of a number of excuses washing about.

yes he lost to the very best....well he was taken apart in a way other p4p fighters would not be and have not been. He was exposed. Mayweather has had much tougher fights.

It's got to be Witter at 140 or nothing. He can't keep going up to 147 then make the weight excuse when things don't go his way. The truth is he's just been fighting better fighters. The days of tin cans for thw WBU are over.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:00 AM   #6
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

I'm convinced Witter could beat him too with good timing and accuracy. Hatton's starting to slow down and Is becoming more reckless taking shots since Tszyu.

Floyd timed him perfect with that left hook.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:02 AM   #7
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Foquinha

yes he lost to the very best....well he was taken apart in a way other p4p fighters would not be and have not been. He was exposed. Mayweather has had much tougher fights.

It's got to be Witter at 140 or nothing. He can't keep going up to 147 then make the weight excuse when things don't go his way. The truth is he's just been fighting better fighters. The days of tin cans for thw WBU are over.
Aint that the ****ing truth.If this fight had been vs Cintron Marg or Cotto the result would have been even more devastating.Why cant these lemmings see that? Hatton is a good fighter but his just TOO EASY to hit.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #8
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
I'm convinced Witter could beat him too with good timing and accuracy. Hatton's starting to slow down and Is becoming more reckless taking shots since Tszyu.

Floyd timed him perfect with that left hook.
But his always fought that way? Floyd didnt do anything diffrent he just exposed Hatton for not being half as good as he was touted to be.If he was the fight would have been closer.It was a dam near shutout.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #9
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Foquinha
i'm not using weight as an excuse. i'm saying he clearly is not big enough to compete at welterweight. and he doesn't have the skill to make up for lack of attributes at that weight.

i agree that witter is the best next opponent, but i wouldn't be suprised if he tried to make up for this loss by fighting another american like malignaggi before returning for a fairwell fight in the uk.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #10
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

whatever hatton does now wont make a great deal of difference on his boxing career, he was beaten by the best, unifying titles at 140 or beating witter wont mean much. when people look back at his career in 10 years time the PBF loss will overshadow any sucess made after his loss to floyd
faisal is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:13 AM   #11
Danny Boy

Mayweather was by far the better fighter - literally in a class of his own. Hatton should go back to light welter - the money/glamour fights may not be there but he can't compete effectivley at welterweight. He won't retire - I'd expect a warm up back at l welter and then maybe an all british fight in Manchester with Witter - who will I'm afraid cause simillar problems to those that PBF did but not on the same scale.

PBF - I take my hat of to you - punch perfect fight.
Danny Boy is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #12
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

witter punches as hahrd as mayweatheh...doesnt he
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:26 AM   #13
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
But his always fought that way? Floyd didnt do anything diffrent he just exposed Hatton for not being half as good as he was touted to be.If he was the fight would have been closer.It was a dam near shutout.
Not really seen any Hatton fights before Olivera though and I agree he has fought that same way since except for Urango where he hit and held and threw basic combinations.

True, Hatton's not as good as made out either. He got away with cherrypicking more than most fighters did.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:28 AM   #14
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Not really seen any Hatton fights before Olivera though and I agree he has fought that same way since except for Urango where he hit and held and threw basic combinations.

True, Hatton's not as good as made out either. He got away with cherrypicking more than most fighters did.
This the key here.Anyone can look great facing nobodies.His brother did that last night vs that cab driver.Hatton is a good fighter but his not great.If he was fighting the best my opinion would be diffrent but his like you said been cherry picking for too long.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #15
la punta

Quote:
spot on with this mate, the more i read your post's, the more i resect your views, take care bud

Last edited by sumba; 10-30-2006 at 01:52 PM.
la punta is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum