Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #31
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton is better than Calzaghe !!!!!

this is it...it wasnt close...he got schooled by mayweather

calzaghe is the equivalent of mayweather
hatton is the equivalent of lacy

dont say calzaghe needs to fight a mayweather type. others have to fight him

the thing is...are ppl blind. Just watch him fight and watch hatton fight...what do you think are the main differences.
stake501 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #32
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stake501

the thing is...are ppl blind. Just watch him fight and watch hatton fight...what do you think are the main differences.
Schooled very badly considering he was preparing for this fight for a few months.

Someone mentioned Hamed earlier in this thread but they forgot to add that at least lazy Hamed (could not be bothered to train) went 12 with MAB. No shame in that especially if your idea of training is living the high life and pounding a punch bag once in a while for the cameras.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #33
goldenboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

calzaghe is a very skilled fighter, he has alot more in the skill department than hatton!!
goldenboy is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #34
Danny
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stake501

Calzaghe the equivalent of Mayweather.

Joe is a great fighter, but Mayweather is better. At this stage of his career, & that he's nearly 36, Calzaghe will never be as good as Floyd, never!
Danny is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #35
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Calzaghe can do a few things better than Mayweather like trade and has more workrate.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #36
True Writer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Calzaghe is Frank ******s cash cow until Amir Khan develops so ****** looks after him. Its funny how as soon as Ricky left ****** he fought in the States against the best. I'm afraid Joe loves the undefeated record too much to fight any one thats half decent. He might fight an over the hill Hopkins but he kept well clear of any of the best guys when they where in their primes. I'll give Joe some credit he does look decent against shit fighters.
True Writer is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #37
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Writer
Calzaghe is Frank ******s cash cow until Amir Khan develops so ****** looks after him. Its funny how as soon as Ricky left ****** he fought in the States against the best. I'm afraid Joe loves the undefeated record too much to fight any one thats half decent. He might fight an over the hill Hopkins but he kept well clear of any of the best guys when they where in their primes. I'll give Joe some credit he does look decent against shit fighters.

Once Ricky left ****** he fought mayweather and got beat badly

Other than that has he fought the best?....has he ****

he has fought Maussa, Collazo, Urango, and Castillo

out of those he looked elite class in one of those fights but we know why, his opponent was shot (a shadow of his former self)

I am sure he is a nicer bloke, and to some may have fought tougher opponents, but he is in no way better skilled, i.e. a better boxer than Calzaghe. Just watch them at their art. Its nuthugging in the extreme to suggest otherwise.
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #38
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Im a fan of both fighters , but being english and from the north west i really like ricky hatton, however youd have to be blind or stupid to say ricky hatton is better than calzaghe. Could go into the finer points but cant be arsed.
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #39
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:

Yeh thats why he just fought and beat another champion who's considered by those who know what there talking about to be one of the biggest challenges out there for calzaghe , not to mention the fact hes something like 10 years older than kessler. And he doesnt have much of a choice but to fight hopkins if he wants to cement his legacy , strange as that fight wont be much of a challenge but will gain him more respect because hes american. If kessler was american we wouldnt be debating this.
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #40
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member

Location: "always take the arrows in the forhead, never in the back"
vCash: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold
I pretty much agree with most of this - but I don't think it's fair to slag off Chris Eubanks. He was past his prime - but in his prime he was an indestructible fighter. His wars with Nigel Benn and Michael Watson were nothing less than phenomenal. His victories over those two amazing fighters marks Eubanks as a one time great fighter.

Joe Calzaghe does need to fight Hopkins and Jones before he retires though.
i dont think fighting those 2 will do much except for looking good on his fight record in 20yrs time...
stuistylee is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #41
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricard
Your mixing up Eubank with Tzu. Eubank is only 40 now, in 2007, he had just turned 31 when Joe fought him, he wasn't anywhere near shot, and fought great fights with Carl Thompson in 1998.
Tszyu was 35, semi-retired, not even comparable to the fighter he was at even 31, when he demolished Zab Judah in 2 rounds.
Eubank lost 5 of his last 9 fights. One of those was to Calzaghe. As great a British boxer as Eubank was(even in his prime) he never met the best Americans and ducked them. It some what Stains his legacy. He remained unproven at the real top.

Tszyu was a different class of champion all together! Truly world class and managed to reach the absolute peak of the game. On another level altogether, a true word beater and total dominator of his division for years.

To compare them is unfair. Eubanks legacy doesn't even come close to Tszyus.

Eubank was never the same fighter after Watson. Joe met him many years later.

Eubank took the fight with Joe on short notice and was an ageing fighter(age affects fighters in different ways, look at RJJ, look at Joe!). Calzaghe was fighting a fighter who lost five of his last nine, one of which was to Joe(at least two of the 5 wins out the 9 were to total bums).

Despite this he gave Calzaghe the hardest fight of his life and took a fit young Calzaghe to points.

An ageing, mentally affected(Watson) fighter. Unproven at the very top and who lost 5 of his last nine and who came into to the fight on short notice due to a fighter pulling out. Gave a young prime Calzaghe the hardest fight of his life according to Calzaghe himself.

I think that says allot. This fight was ten years ago now and is pulled up as one of the only two great victories against "top notch" opposition by Joe.

Eubank is one of my favourite fighters ever by the way.

Last edited by JonOli; 12-10-2007 at 11:38 PM.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #42
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

This thread shows how truly delusional and uninformed the Hatton nuthuggers are, even now. The worst fans ever.
Polymath is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 03:08 AM   #43
THN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 908

Calzaghe is lightyears ahead of Hatton
THN is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 04:08 AM   #44
True Writer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Calzaghe - is a slapper, that has made his living avoiding decent fighters while fighting at home. Technically Hatton is much better. Calzaghe made his name by beating Lacy who has proved to be one of the most overated & over hyped fighters of the past 10 years.
True Writer is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 AM   #45
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Calzaghe - is a slapper, that has made his living avoiding decent fighters while fighting at home.Technically Hatton is much better.Calzaghe made his name by beating Lacy who has proved to be one of the most overated & over hyped fighters of the past 10 years.
I've got to question whether you've ever seen either of them fight.
Polymath is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum