Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275
Default Mayweather: Pac's feats are equivalent to me moving up & knocking out heavyweights

“It’s okay for [Pacquiao] to go from 105 to 154 and he gets knockouts, and they say, ‘You know what? It’s all natural,’” Mayweather began. “But if I went from 147 to heavyweight and was knocking out heavyweights, would that be all natural? That’s what you’ve got to ask yourself at the end of the day.”

Over at the scene.

Mayweather's admiration for Pac's achievements knows no bounds. A true Pactard
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
JUSTAFIGHTFAN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather: Pac's feats are equivalent to me moving up & knocking out heavyweight

Knocking out HW, he can't even Ko WW.
JUSTAFIGHTFAN is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1147
Default Re: Mayweather: Pac's feats are equivalent to me moving up & knocking out heavyweight

floyd came from 105 too and has kd'd and ko'd opponents from 140 to 147. isn't it the contention here is that floyd and pac are the same size?

is he saying now that his starting point was much heavier than pac's since he's comparing pac's 147 campaign to him going up to hw? i really thought they were supposed to be the same size since floyd came from the lower weights too.
Leonard is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
evalistinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5461

yea like Floyd didnt move up from lower weights either right?

Oh and Manny hasnt stopped someone since the cotto fight and that fight could have gone the distance as well since there was only a minute or 2 left.
evalistinho is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Bub
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 528

He has no power so he doesn't understand how others can have.
We've all seen what Pac has done. He's done brilliant but it doesn't seem unnaturally amazing to me. He fought the right styles and he fought them at the right time. Haven't other boxers gone up in weight and retained their power? Also Pac doesn't seem RJJ superfast to me & he hasn't been beating young hungry lions in his 40's like some people.

Having said that. I no longer blame Floyd for his demands. Pac should take the test & show floyd his power is natural just to prove a point.
Bub is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post
“It’s okay for [Pacquiao] to go from 105 to 154 and he gets knockouts, and they say, ‘You know what? It’s all natural,’” Mayweather began. “But if I went from 147 to heavyweight and was knocking out heavyweights, would that be all natural? That’s what you’ve got to ask yourself at the end of the day.”

Over at the scene.

He really is a simpleton, isn't he.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

vCash: 1625

Pac's style of fighting makes him capable of knocking out his opponents but he is also very vulnerable of getting KO'd himself. Floyd's style of fighting is hitting while not getting hit. That's the difference between the two.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Duran started at 119 and got up to 160 in the last highlight of his career. Guess Floyd didn't know people could do that.
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

what's revealing here is that floyd considers himself much bigger than pac
Leonard is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
wooootles
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 325

He's so dumb
wooootles is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #11
tolindoy
UBESTRIDTE MESTER
ESB Addict

vCash: 2217

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post

Over at the scene.

haters should stop calling pac a cherry picker!!!
tolindoy is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #12
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

vCash: 1625

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt View Post
Duran started at 119 and got up to 160 in the last highlight of his career. Guess Floyd didn't know people could do that.
Shhh! Flomos are trying to hatch a comeback!
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
punisher
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
floyd came from 105 too and has kd'd and ko'd opponents from 140 to 147. isn't it the contention here is that floyd and pac are the same size?

is he saying now that his starting point was much heavier than pac's since he's comparing pac's 147 campaign to him going up to hw? i really thought they were supposed to be the same size since floyd came from the lower weights too.

His starting point as a professional fighter, was much heavier than Pac's. The point he is missing, though, is that Pac was probably too big for many of the lower weights he competed in. But, he was able to make those weights comfortably. This became more obvious, when Pac was coming in near the WW limit for SFW fights. At WW, Pac is at his natural weight, and, probably, works down from 150ish. It's the same for Floyd too, give or take a few pounds. In terms of mass, both guys are about the same size, IMO. Floyd is obviously a little taller and perhaps a few lbs heavier, in terms of walk around weight.
punisher is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
Duck Dodgers
Kimbo #1 P4P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1535

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
His starting point as a professional fighter, was much heavier than Pac's. The point he is missing, though, is that Pac was probably too big for many of the lower weights he competed in. But, he was able to make those weights comfortably. This became more obvious, when Pac was coming in near the WW limit for SFW fights. At WW, Pac is at his natural weight, and, probably, works down from 150ish. It's the same for Floyd too, give or take a few pounds. In terms of mass, both guys are about the same size, IMO. Floyd is obviously a little taller and perhaps a few lbs heavier, in terms of walk around weight.
Wrong. Pacquiao has been on those Alex Ariza PED shakes for 3 years now. He outweighs midget Mayweather by 20-30lbs, but most of that weight is in his head. Check out this recent photo of Pacquiao:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Duck Dodgers is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #15
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
so why is he saying then that pac's rise in weight is tantamount to him going up to hw? i know he doesn't mean it literally but what it sounds to me is that he regards pac as a much smaller fighter albeit they have filled up to the same weight now.
Leonard is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum