Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #211
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dear Dana White, UFC, and MMA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Yeah, all those BJJ guys are just failed boxers.
Yeah, and those wrestlers failed at boxing when they were six and so had to take up wrestling. They all hated it, but decided to stick with it all the way through college and (for some) the olympics because it's the closest thing to boxing that they could do. Useless in a fight though, compared to boxing. As seen by all of the boxers dominating wrestlers in the UFC and other orgs.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #212
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
Yeah, and those wrestlers failed at boxing when they were six and so had to take up wrestling. They all hated it, but decided to stick with it all the way through college and (for some) the olympics because it's the closest thing to boxing that they could do. Useless in a fight though, compared to boxing. As seen by all of the boxers dominating wrestlers in the UFC and other orgs.

It is great to see the USA school system offer so many scholarships, wrestling teams and resources for failed boxers. Now if they could just get KFC, Taco Bell and McDonalds on board they could offer a training program for all internet couch potato's to achieve the greatness they deserve.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #213
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Boxers are failed basketball players.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #214
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Boxers are failed basketball players.
Boxers are also failed footballers (both American and soccer)
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 AM   #215
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

lol, you guys are hilarious
macp1 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #216
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by macp1 View Post
lol, you guys are hilarious
I'm surprised you can read the posts with your Tongue pressed up against a window.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #217
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I'm surprised you can read the posts with your Tongue pressed up against a window.
lol, window tastes good. Learnt how to lap up the grease from mma beefheads. They told me they used to practice on each other's chests on the mat.

Anyway, isn't this news you guys should be getting hard-ons for?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
macp1 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #218
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb View Post
Your tenure as the top fight sport was short, wasnt it?

Hope you enjoyed it for the two weeks that it lasted.

Sincerely,

Boxing
-Best fight sport, ever
Amen. The Sweet Science is #1. This rolling around on the ground shit is BORING, and fans of REAL fighting - where combatants stand up and fight like MEN, not animals - know this to be true.

**** UFC and all it stands for!
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #219
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
Amen. The Sweet Science is #1. This rolling around on the ground shit is BORING, and fans of REAL fighting - where combatants stand up and fight like MEN, not animals - know this to be true.

Ever watched a Junior dos Santos fight?

No?

**** off.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #220
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post

Quote:
Kojčve, in the very beginning of his reading of Hegel, directly points out that man is man insofar as he is at once animal and different from animal. Man is animal in negation, is negated animal. This distinction is made more clear in Kojčve's differentiation between human and animal desire. For Kojčve, man as self-consciousness can be conscious of himself only by desire rather than, for example, contemplation. Peaceful contemplation only reveals object in and by the act of knowing because the subject in contemplation is in fact "absorbed" into the object contemplated and concealed in it. Only desire can bring the subject back to knowing himself for, as Kojčve articulates, "it is in and by . . . 'his' Desire that man is formed and is revealed--to himself and to others--as an I, as the I that is essentially different from, and radically opposed to, the non-I. The (human) I is the I of a Desire or of Desire" (4). This desire to be conscious of self, to recognize self, becomes, for Kojčve, the very cornerstone for achieving self-consciousness as human reality. Now, this desire of an I to be conscious of itself is, in its essence, a negating action, an action that destroys the non-I, but at the same time assimilates and preserves this non-I in the I's (human) reality (as being preserved as thought or concept) that is created by the dialectic negation. In terms of the distinction between man and animal, this non-I is doubtless the animal life which has to be negated and transcended; in terms of man also himself an animal, this animal life as the non-I, however, has to be preserved for self-consciousness to be realized. Thus, for man who desires to achieve self-consciousness as human reality, he has to negate the non-I, his animal life as the natural given and as what it is, so as to preserve this non-I for the I to be able to become conscious of himself as being both this non-I and not this non-I. Although I am man insofar as I am animal, yet I am animal insofar as I am not. At the moment I am conscious of my life as animal, I at once negate and preserve it (both in thought and in biological reality) so as not to be what I am (as animal). My desire to have self-consciousness not only singles out my being as animal, but also by desire's negativity creates for me a distance from my animal self to free me from being mere animal and to transcend my being as what it is toward what it is not. That's why Kojčve would say this desire as an action to negate the given has "time" as its essential form, and that the I, that comes out of this self-consciousness incurred by desire, has "becoming" as its being (5). The negation of the present given into the past opens up a future, the process of which implies time, temporality, and history, all of which constitutes the very being of human reality. And by desire as negating-negativity, I can always transcend myself as what it is toward what it is not and, by this transcendence-transcending, by this becoming as my being, my (human) freedom is thus realized in reality (by my work and action). "sentiment" of self, the self fixed and determined by the natural given, while And the difference between man and animal in terms of desire is such that what animal desire (which man undoubtedly also shares) can reach is only the human desire can achieve self-consciousness for man to be a dialectical being, a being that is always free to transcend and create itself anew in time, in history

Nothing about rolling on the ground here
Beekeeper is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum