Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #76
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493
Default Re: Dear Dana White, UFC, and MMA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomeddisciple
Not at all - But as if you're going to reach consensus on this board of all places?

Its the equivalent of arguing equal rights on a Klu Klux Klan page around here...
That makes the klansmen any less stupid or wrong?

Last edited by BITCH ASS; 10-31-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Beebs is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #77
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Your tenure as the top fight sport was short, wasnt it?

Hope you enjoyed it for the two weeks that it lasted.

Sincerely,

Boxing
-Best fight sport, ever

P.S. Hows that Fedor aquisition coming?

MMA will start to fade back to where it belongs as an underground sideshow type show.

I think everyone knows that that kind fo nonsense cannot stay at the top for very long. MMA is bullshit nonsense, compared to boxing, and the mainstream fans will get tired of that bullshit, in due time, and the only ones left watching that rediculous crap will be the MMA diehards who follow it religiously. Much like the wrestling fans who stick with that bullshit through thick and thin.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #78
Mundo
****s the wives of every
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2658

United
Faggots
Collide

Men
Molesting
Asses
Mundo is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #79
gruuby
CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL
ESB Full Member

I don't enjoy half-naked men rolling around on the floor. But then I'm not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with it...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
gruuby is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #80
doublesuited
Taylor TKO2 Pavlik
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruuby
I don't enjoy half-naked men rolling around on the floor. But then I'm not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with it...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
doublesuited is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:00 PM   #81
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
what the **** are you talking about man. in real fights people tend to distance themselves from one another. You come grapple me to try that move, and Ill straight rip your balls off and thumb you right in the eye till your blind. Anything goes in a real fight - if you dont distance yourself you are setting yourself up to get hurt. Remeber - self defence goes a long way towards getting away with blinding someone, biting them, or ripping their balls off. I would like to seriously meet someone who can honestly continue to grapple me with their balls being ripped off. yeah thats what I thought. You got nothing for me bitch. go take that argument and stuff it up your ass. Boxing is more like a real fight than mma anyday jerkoff.
This is flat out, 100% not true.

Have you ever gotten into a streetfight? I am not going to pretend as if I am some seasoned veteran or something, but I've gotten into a few, and let me tell you, MOST of the time it doesn't turn into an eye-poking, groin attacking, biting bloodfest. Most people have a sort of sense of honor and most people aren't out to do serious life altering injuries to their opponent. Most streetfights are about pride, and most are not exactly life or death.

Also, low blows aren't as effective in a real fight as some people tend to think. Remember, boxers KNOW the fight is going to be stopped, at least temporarily, when they are hit low, so they have no problem embelishing the fact a bit. Watch low blows in the old UFC, where the only rule was no eye gouging, and you can see they arent as disabling as they appear in movies or as bad as you would think.

Getting hit with a clean right hand can knock you unconcious, or, if not, disable your reflexes, speed, and power. A low blow just hurts. Pain is a lot easier to fight through than losing your physical abilities.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #82
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand

MMA will start to fade back to where it belongs as an underground sideshow type show.

I think everyone knows that that kind fo nonsense cannot stay at the top for very long. MMA is bullshit nonsense, compared to boxing, and the mainstream fans will get tired of that bullshit, in due time, and the only ones left watching that rediculous crap will be the MMA diehards who follow it religiously. Much like the wrestling fans who stick with that bullshit through thick and thin.
How is it nonsense?
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #83
barneyrub
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
Shut the **** up.

UFC had an event that aired right before the boxing ppv, had much more action, A GREAT UNDERCARD, and was free and as such probably got more viewers, and anybody who saw that card became a fan.

Watch both, idiot.
Nobody goes to boxing or buys a ppv boxing for the undercard, ufc may market an event of a full card for its show but thats because its one promoter with a monopoly on the market which is giving its own made up title out. Its paying chump change to its fighters so can afford to put them on one card, who would go to see a main event of Bisping vs Evans, it needs propping up!
Boxing cards are about the main event.
barneyrub is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #84
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Real fighting is real fighting, boxing is boxing.

How you can not like REAL fighting is beyond me, I love boxing, but its one piece of a puzzle.

No swimmer is winning a triathialon.
LOL! anyone who thinks mma is REAL fighting is joking themselves. sorry... but boxing is just as much REAL fighting as a ****ing triangle choke.

i garuntee you i use more boxing then half of what mma is... kameras, triangle chokes, ect, ect...

there are scientists of mma just like there are scientists of boxing... and there are more brutal and fighter types in both.

Yes boxing is more limited then mma, but that limitation is what makes the champions in it that much greater to me.... they need certain things to be a true champion.

Real champions fight on their feet with their fists... they dont kick eachother and try to grab the other. There is a reason thats how kids and girls fight.

also... if any mma guy could be a champion in boxing they would do it. they cant.... so they do what their good at. no knocking them... its just how it is. i dont expect a wrestler to go into boxing to get his ass beat when theres the ufc... and i dont expect a boxer to go into grappling to get thrown around when he has boxing. Their differant types of fighters, and thank god they both have their outlets.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #85
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Kameras huh?

You sure know what you're talking about.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #86
SweetScience
Accuracy is the key!
ESB Addict

Quote:
When I see a great basketball game, I don't talk about how much baseball sucks.

When I see a great runner, I don't bitch about triathalons being terrible.
STFU you dense cunt. I've never seen a street fight end on the ground. So for those who say that MMA is like real fighting, then they are ****ing dead wrong. Plus the vids that you showed us of MMA fighters beating up boxers were fights under MMA rules you dumbshit. It would have been the same if an MMA fighter stepped into the boxing ring and the boxer whooped his ass. In a street fight, it could be a toss out between the two. Show me a vid of a boxer and a MMA fighter in a streetfight and not in a sport you piece of shit.
SweetScience is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #87
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Kameras huh?

You sure know what you're talking about.
holy shit great comeback! sorry... KIMURA... sorry, my coach never tought me the ****ing spelling dear lord....
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #88
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Dana White should now offer Floyd Mayweather 20 mil to fight that street punk, Shrek, or whatever his name is. Mayweather is now much more marketable.
ralphc is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #89
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphc
Dana White should now offer Floyd Mayweather 20 mil to fight that street punk, Shrek, or whatever his name is. Mayweather is now much more marketable.
sherk?

that guy would never make it past the roid tests (he failed his test right after all that hype)
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:32 PM   #90
nezy37
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 943

I will give MMA credit where it is due. It's rise has threatened boxing and now boxing is making the fights that it should have been doing all along.

Competition improves the product and MMA has done that for boxing
nezy37 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum