Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-10-2007, 12:36 AM   #121
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800
Default Re: Dear Dana White, UFC, and MMA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
No inferiority complex here. Just proud of boxing's status as of now, and it seems a few of you cant deal with it.

When MMA was dominating boxing, I said as much and none of you MMA fans seemed to mind much.

Now boxing has made a comeback and its an issue for you if I say so.
Hey Abc did Gavilan invented the Bolo punch??
chimba is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2007, 12:37 AM   #122
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
Hey Abc did Gavilan invented the Bolo punch??
Absolutely. The Cuban version of it.
acb is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 12:44 AM   #123
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Absolutely. The Cuban version of it.
Good thread! Matt Hughes shall be paying you a visit pretty soon...He wants you in missionary
chimba is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #124
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
No inferiority complex here. Just proud of boxing's status as of now, and it seems a few of you cant deal with it.

When MMA was dominating boxing, I said as much and none of you MMA fans seemed to mind much.

Now boxing has made a comeback and its an issue for you if I say so.
It's a great that boxing has made a comeback and delivered some great bouts. But, sports have ebbs and flows in popularity. It's possible that down the road boxing could have a bad year and UFC could have a great one.
If both sports excel, I think it's a good thing. If UFC died and boxing felt like it didn't have to deliver as many good fights because the heat was off then that would be a bad thing.

Time will tell what happens to UFC. Obviously boxing isn't going anywhere, but I don't think UFC is either.
Boinko is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 12:53 AM   #125
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
Good thread! Matt Hughes shall be paying you a visit pretty soon...He wants you in missionary
acb is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 12:59 AM   #126
Gio Rez
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by radianttwilight
Whoever said Mayweather would beat Sherk in an MMA fight is a dumbass.

First of all, there's the fact that Sherk walks around at 170ish lbs.

Second of all, Mayweather's ***** little "elbow in the face" from the Hatton fight won't do anything but set him up for a shoot that paralyzes him from the waist down.

Sherk has taken flush knees to the jaw and soldiered right on through them. There's no way Mayweather hurts him before he gets crippled.

NOBODY can backpedal from a guy trying to bullrush them. Nobody. Not even Mayrunner.
I'd like to see him take a flush left hook to the temple and see him walk through it.
Gio Rez is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #127
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Rez
I'd like to see him take a flush left hook to the temple and see walks through it.
This guy was a roid freak too. And MMA fans talk him up and talk about how he would walk through anything without mentioning this.
acb is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #128
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinko
It's a great that boxing has made a comeback and delivered some great bouts. But, sports have ebbs and flows in popularity. It's possible that down the road boxing could have a bad year and UFC could have a great one.
If both sports excel, I think it's a good thing. If UFC died and boxing felt like it didn't have to deliver as many good fights because the heat was off then that would be a bad thing.

Time will tell what happens to UFC. Obviously boxing isn't going anywhere, but I don't think UFC is either.
Good post.
acb is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 01:03 AM   #129
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I'd like to see him take a flush left hook to the temple and see walks through it.
It's unlikely Mayweather would even have a chance to land a flush left hook to the head. He'd likely be taken down before he had a chance to land on Sherk.
But, it's a dumb comparison anyways since Mayweather is not an MMA fighter.
Boinko is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 01:04 AM   #130
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Your tenure as the top fight sport was short, wasnt it?

Hope you enjoyed it for the two weeks that it lasted.

Sincerely,

Boxing
-Best fight sport, ever

P.S. Hows that Fedor aquisition coming?
Symphenyceo is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 01:05 AM   #131
Gio Rez
Journeyman

Quote:
It's unlikely Mayweather would even have a chance to land a flush left hook to the head. He'd likely be taken down before he had a chance to land on Sherk.
But, it's a dumb comparison anyways since Mayweather is not an MMA fighter.
Who's to say whats likely and what is not?

Are you telling me his takedown is faster than Floyds punches?
Gio Rez is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 01:10 AM   #132
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Who's to say whats likely and what is not?

Are you telling me his takedown is faster than Floyds punches?
Have you watched much MMA? I think it's way more likely that Sherk takes Mayweather down first.
Of course, it's possible Floyd could land something substantial before that happens, but from what I've seen in most MMA fights (and especially in Sean Sherk fights), taking down someone is much easier than landing a big, fight ending blow.
The story might be different if Sherk actually chose to stand and fight with PBF, but he wouldn't. He would go for a takedown immediately, and it's highly unlikely Mayweather would be skillfull enough to avoid it.
Boinko is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 AM   #133
Gio Rez
Journeyman

Quote:
Have you watched much MMA? I think it's way more likely that Sherk takes Mayweather down first.
Of course, it's possible Floyd could land something substantial before that happens, but from what I've seen in most MMA fights (and especially in Sean Sherk fights), taking down someone is much easier than landing a big, fight ending blow.
The story might be different if Sherk actually chose to stand and fight with PBF, but he wouldn't. He would go for a takedown immediately, and it's highly unlikely Mayweather would be skillfull enough to avoid it.
Yes I do, just because Im a boxing fan does not mean I do not watch MMA or know what the hell is going on.

Simple question, what is faster; Sherk takedowns or Floyds snappy hooks or lead right hands?

Im not going to get into speculation about who would win and how, simply because its JUST speculation and pointless opinion.
Gio Rez is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 01:18 AM   #134
Wige247
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
Real fighting is real fighting, boxing is boxing.

How you can not like REAL fighting is beyond me, I love boxing, but its one piece of a puzzle.

No swimmer is winning a triathialon
There needs to be a thread for best metaphors b/c that encompasses the whole mma/boxer debate...and this is exactly where I stand on the issue.
Wige247 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 01:23 AM   #135
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yes I do, just because Im a boxing fan does not mean I do not watch MMA or know what the hell is going on.

Simple question, what is faster; Sherk takedowns or Floyds snappy hooks or lead right hands?
Sherk's takedowns. Faster because having a fast left hook does you little good if someone is bearing down on you intent on taking you down. It's very likely you won't land it no matter how fast it is.

Quote:
Im not going to get into speculation about who would win and how, simply because its JUST speculation and pointless opinion.
If you said you wouldn't speculate on whether or not Mayweather would win or lose if him and Sherk met in boxing match because it would be pointless opinion, most people would laugh at you.
Well, to be honest, I think Mayweather has only a slightly better chance in an MMA bout against Sherk as Sherk has in a boxing match against Mayweather. (i.e. Sherk has zero chance in a boxing match, Floyd has almost zero chance in an MMA fight) That's just my opinion based on my experience watching both fighters and both sports.
But, if you don't want to speculate for fear that it would be just a pointless opinion that's fine. I'm not insisting that you do.
Boinko is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum