stiflers mum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #17
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Klitschko def Adamek by 10th round stoppage - inc video

It will only be when they are gone that the Klit bros will be truly appreciated. I'm not a fan of their styles but they are deserving champs that send every challenger home empty handed. Without the Klits we would have some fairly ordinary heavweights calling themselves champion.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #18
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

the klits r only boring because they r beating the crap out of everyone so easily.

it seems as though they r UNBEATABLE unfortunately.

they r fighting too many guys that r too small and lack that killer instinct imo. that make it near impossible to beat them.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #19
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
the klits r only boring because they r beating the crap out of everyone so easily.
See I don't particularly agree with that. It certainly wasn't boring watching Ali, Foreman, Holmes or Tyson kick everyone's arse when they defended against sub-par opposition. I think it's more to do with the manner and style that they fight. There's no denying that it works for them though.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #20
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
See I don't particularly agree with that. It certainly wasn't boring watching Ali, Foreman, Holmes or Tyson kick everyone's arse when they defended against sub-par opposition. I think it's more to do with the manner and style that they fight. There's no denying that it works for them though.
Yeah, their styles are just unspectacular.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #21
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post

it seems as though they r UNBEATABLE unfortunately.

they r fighting too many guys that r too small and lack that killer instinct imo. that make it near impossible to beat them.
This. I thought Haye could do it and he had his moments but they are just so imposing physically. VK could of beaten Adamek using only his jab. The only competitive fight would be if they fought each other. Never seen that Teddy Atlas fighter Povetkin maybe he could do it.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #22
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

when a fighter takes it up to them they let their hands go alot more, but because their opponents r so intimidated by them, they don't need to look good.

they r doing it so easy working behind the jab, they don't need to take too many risks.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #23
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
I think it has something to do with their style, but not more to do.

When was the last war you saw either Klit in?
All of their fights of recent times have been an ass wooping, they don't get out of first gear.

Give them a real fight and I suspect they wouldn't be boring.

FWIW, I don't find them boring anyway, sure they're not as brutally exciting as the fighters you mentioned, however I even find it fascinating to watch a clinic like they put on. It takes a lot of skill to be so precise and consistant, and their conditioning is superb.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #24
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I think it has something to do with their style, but not more to do.

When was the last war you saw either Klit in?
All of their fights of recent times have been an ass wooping, they don't get out of first gear.

Give them a real fight and I suspect they wouldn't be boring.

FWIW, I don't find them boring anyway, sure they're not as brutally exciting as the fighters you mentioned, however I even find it fascinating to watch a clinic like they put on. It takes a lot of skill to be so precise and consistant, and their conditioning is superb.
Not sure you'd call Lennox Lewis v Vitali a war, or Brewster v Wladimir. They're not in wars - it's not how they fight or win fights. I've always given them credit for turning up in shape. If they were 6'2 or 6'3 would they be as dominant? Interesting question. How much of their height plays a part in their dominance?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #25
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Not sure you'd call Lennox Lewis v Vitali a war, or Brewster v Wladimir. They're not in wars - it's not how they fight or win fights. I've always given them credit for turning up in shape. If they were 6'2 or 6'3 would they be as dominant? Interesting question. How much of their height plays a part in their dominance?
Lewis V Vitali wasn't perhaps a war, but it was good, and certainly not boring.
Haven't seen Wlad V Brewster.

Not sure how much the size difference makes, I'd be pretty certain it has to make some difference, but no one can also deny their skill.

I still think if someone could actually give them a bit of stick they'd be ready to go.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #26
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

no doubt theyre not spectacularly entertaining, but they get the job done and put on a clinic at the same time. As someone said, they are so imposing that they win most fights before the end of the first round through sheer intimidation and size advantage, Just going through the general forum theres a lot of "what ifs" of the boxer corrie sanders, certainly he dominated wladimir and came close to vitali, i wish the guy hadve been more focused he was an absolute jet.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #27
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Check out Wlad v Brewster I. The second fight was another clinic over a past it fighter. For mine, that Brewster fight is an insight to what Frazier v Wlad or Tyson v Wlad would look like. There's no denying though, both of them have a great jab.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #28
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:

The big difference is the above-named fighters got their opponents 'outa there', particularly Foreman and Tyson, and Ali & Holmes were good enough to watch that it didn't matter if it took a little longer.

With Wlad & Vitali it's about as exciting as watching a secondary school kid slowly and carefully beat up a primary school kid - no thanks.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum