Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Glass Jawed Disgrace of the Year

Yes, folks, it's about time we started compiling lists for the prestigious Glass Jawed Disgrace of the Year Awards. Sure, we still have three months left for more abysmal Chins to be cracked but with the sheer amount of Mandibles being mashed in MMA, it's best to start early so as not to forget some of our favorite Glass Jawed luminaries.

Ryan Bader- Getting dropped by Ortiz's one-inch upperhook was downright embarrassing.

Forrest Griffin- Once again, he fights someone with a bit of athleticism and a punch and he winds up flopping around on the mat like a ragdoll.

George Sotiropoulos- That fraudulent Jaw was exposed by Siver and then Dos Anjos put the exclamation on it. And people thought he was going to challenge for a title!

Brendan Fraud- Becoming only the second person to get KOed by a guy that's been fighting for twelve years certainly earns one a spot near the top of this list.

Jorge Santiago- Like a lot of JMMA hype jobs, this guy was getting all sorts of undue credit for reviving his career and "fixing" his Glass Jaw in the process. Then he came to America where fighters don't get a steady diet of cans and he was exposed, AGAIN!

Stefan Struve- Watching the "skyscraper" get toppled is always hilarious and the way that glass shattered against Browne's superman punch was great.

Ramsey Nijem- If he sticks around in the UFC for more than two fights I think he'll rapidly prove to have one of the greatest Glass Jaws of all-time. His Chin is an absolute ****ing disgrace and I think Danny Downes might crack it again before the year is over.

Pat Barry- For a "K-1 striker" his striking is pretty overrated and his Chin is nonexistant.

Wanderlei Silva- Silva has been near the top of these sorts of lists for years but his twenty-seven second losing effort against Leben's windmilling arm punches might secure him the victory this time.

Yushin Okami- Dropped by a jab. 'Nuff said.

Mirko Filipovic- Brendan Fraud KOed him viciously early this year and we might still get to see him flattened again against Big Country.

Roger Gracie- You knew this guy was going to have a Glass Jaw simply on account of his last name but to have it shattered on the first real punch that landed on it? Brilliant.

Andrei Arlovski- He only got flattened once this year but Kharitonov delivered us a glass shattering doozy.

Valentijn Overeem- A perennial bum and the epitome of a Glass Jawed Disgrace. Not only was his Glass Chin on display against Chad Griggs, but his famous Glass Heart was, as well. If he was a more high-profile fighter I'd have him at the top all day, but because of his career trajectory he'll probably rate lower than deserved.

Fedor Emelianenko- I never thought I'd be seeing him here but after getting sparked out by an arm punch delivered by a blown-up MW, there was no way around it. That Chin is now a teetotal disgrace.

Bigfoot Silva- I've waffled on him before due to the disparity between his punch resistance in the Kyle and Emelianenko fights but I think we can chalk the latter up to Fedor being completely shit now. This guy's Chin is pure silica and Cormier proved it for us.

As mentioned before, however, we still have three months for more of MMA's Glass Jawed superstars to make their mark on this competition and here are some we can expect to add.

Hughes/Kos- It's guaranteed that Hughes is getting starched.

Sonnen/Stann- I'm going out on a limb here due to Sonnen's feather fistedness, but I won't be completely shocked if Sonnen sparks him with the pitty-patty GnP because Stann's Chin sucks.

Belfort/Le- Le's Chin is trash as is his boxing and Belfort is going to shatter that Jaw violently.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Glass Jawed Disgrace of the Year

I agree with the list. It`s sad but Fedor is shot. But Barrys striking is overrated? He has better stand up than Kongo and Crocop and Dos Santos was having a hard time with Crocop did you see his face after the fight?
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
I agree with the list. It`s sad but Fedor is shot. But Barrys striking is overrated? He has better stand up than Kongo and Crocop and Dos Santos was having a hard time with Crocop did you see his face after the fight?
I didn't say his striking sucks, merely that it's overrated because of the K-1 tag (an undeserved one, at that). His kicks are good and he's got power but his offensive boxing and defense are as atrocious as his Chin.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Thom is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
afonso_alves
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

ya sound like some 14 year old idiot who creams his pants every time some one is knocked out
afonso_alves is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Can we include

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ?
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Roger Gracie is one of the worst cases of nepotism I have ever seen. The guy can't fight a lick yet gets on TV several times ahead of more deserving fighters just because of his last name. He is awful.

And I would add Duffee on there. His Chin is pure China. He was just another UFC hype job.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
cat_funt
Arsehole of the world
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 3312

Where are the glass hat awards?!
cat_funt is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Steven Tucker does not approve.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Who the **** is Steven Tucker?
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

He is the Alpha and Omega.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Popkins is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #13
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

some of the guys on the list are simply past their primes or shot and aren't a disgrace. Oh and stfu noob
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #14
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Roger Gracie is one of the worst cases of nepotism I have ever seen. The guy can't fight a lick yet gets on TV several times ahead of more deserving fighters just because of his last name. He is awful.

And I would add Duffee on there. His Chin is pure China. He was just another UFC hype job.

I would have had Duffee as he's been near the top of all of my other lists, but seeing as how he hasn't been decapitated this year, I left him out in front of more deserving China Chinned Chumps who have left me entertained in 2011.

And CrimsonBeast, you obviously don't understand what Glass Jawed means. It means that you can't take a punch and it doesn't matter if the reason for that is that one has had a long and brutal career or that one is just genetically ****ed in the punch resistance department. If you crumble like stale bread at the first touch of the Chin, you have a disgraceful Glass Jaw, end of story.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #15
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Duffee's not actually had his vase of china shattered this year - Overeem felled him with an uberknee to the gut

My vote goes to Okami for getting dropped and hurt by a jab
Beouche is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum