Old 09-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #31
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Glass Jawed Disgrace of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
It's because of the pathetic breed of modern fight fan who actually likes early stoppages, refuses to criticize fighters due to fanboyism, and, YES, denies that some fighters possess Fragile Glass Jaws. This rampant denial has become outrageous and consciencious posters like the Chincheckers have decided to take this mindset head on and defeat it with logic. Glass Jaws Exist in all sports involving punching. It's irrefutable.
such a honorable crusade get over it. If you want to have an intelligent conversation about the lack of punch resistance calling out great but, shot fighters isn't the place to start. Every sport has its stupid fans, just ignore em.
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #32
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Fantastic thread with excellent research as usual, MM. I'm currently torn between picking Barry & W Silva, but as you say, as soon as Gracie got hit, it was time for his pillow & blanket. Tough one.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #33
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
And CrimsonBeast, you obviously don't understand what Glass Jawed means. It means that you can't take a punch and it doesn't matter if the reason for that is that one has had a long and brutal career or that one is just genetically ****ed in the punch resistance department. If you crumble like stale bread at the first touch of the Chin, you have a disgraceful Glass Jaw, end of story.

You don't understand what a glass jaw is. You flip flop between shopworn fighter's and unproven hype jobs and class them as the same thing. Wrong.

LOL at calling the years result's with three months to go.

Funny how this Joe Boxer rides your nuts - do you email each other for moral support?

Last edited by PIRA; 09-14-2011 at 03:17 AM.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 02:27 AM   #34
rokurota
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Anybody remember when the only chin-checker on ESB was Zakman? These guys breed like roaches.
some people accept the truth, other people stay stupid.
rokurota is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #35
Theologicaldisc
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Semi agree with this list, mainly cuz there's a difference between a fighter on the decline and a fighter with a glass jaw. The older you get, the more soft your jaw gets, fact of life (with a few exceptions of course). Crocop and wlanderlei never had 'glass jaws' until they started their decline.

Griffen can definitley be considered to have a glass jaw sine he's not really past his "prime."
Theologicaldisc is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #36
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theologicaldisc View Post
Semi agree with this list, mainly cuz there's a difference between a fighter on the decline and a fighter with a glass jaw. The older you get, the more soft your jaw gets, fact of life (with a few exceptions of course). Crocop and wlanderlei never had 'glass jaws' until they started their decline.

Griffen can definitley be considered to have a glass jaw sine he's not really past his "prime."
That's what many of you aren't getting. Some guys go down due to years of accumulated punishment softening their Mandibles and others were genetically ****ed from the get-go. The "why" doesn't matter, if you get dropped or KOed easily and repeatedly, you have a Glass Jaw. That's all there is to it.

And I'd beg to differ on Silva. He never had a good Chin, simply good recovery time, and that's gone now.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #37
Alien
Chin Scholar
ESB Addict

Having just watched some of the aforemtioned fighters on Youtube, what can I say? Excellent list for a start. MMA is full of Glass Jawed jokes and that is not up for debate. At one point when I was watching Forrest Griffin's Glass Jaw getting shattered I nearly threw up.

Absolutely appaling display of Chin.

Great Chinchecking MM. Keep up the sterling work.
Alien is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #38
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
Fantastic thread with excellent research as usual, MM. I'm currently torn between picking Barry & W Silva, but as you say, as soon as Gracie got hit, it was time for his pillow & blanket. Tough one.
The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to go with Wanderlei, as well, because he's got an illustrious career full of embarrassing KOs and this last one was downright disgraceful. Getting sparked out in twenty-seven seconds and so badly that once he regained some of his faculties he attempted to put on a guard clinic against the ref is pitiful and the fact that a journeyman with subpar striking skills managed to do it made it even worse. Yeah, for my money it's probably going to be between Silva, Griffin, Okami, and Gracie and I'll whittle it down as the year closes unless the next three months brings some outstanding shattered glass.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #39
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Having just watched some of the aforemtioned fighters on Youtube, what can I say? Excellent list for a start. MMA is full of Glass Jawed jokes and that is not up for debate. At one point when I was watching Forrest Griffin's Glass Jaw getting shattered I nearly threw up.

Absolutely appaling display of Chin.

Great Chinchecking MM. Keep up the sterling work.
Good to see that my Chinchecking efforts are paying off in getting more Chincheckers to realize that MMA is rapidly becoming the place that most proves the theory that Glass Jaws DO exist!

So, I'm taking it that Griffin is so far your favorite for GJDOTY? I'm leaning that way myself but there's so many China Chins that making a pick becomes difficult.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #40
Theologicaldisc
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
That's what many of you aren't getting. Some guys go down due to years of accumulated punishment softening their Mandibles and others were genetically ****ed from the get-go. The "why" doesn't matter, if you get dropped or KOed easily and repeatedly, you have a Glass Jaw. That's all there is to it.

And I'd beg to differ on Silva. He never had a good Chin, simply good recovery time, and that's gone now.
ya but its unfair to compare people who've gone most of their career not having a glass jaw and aer just getting them in their last days, to hypejobs who've always had them since the beginning.
Theologicaldisc is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #41
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 496

Good thread, reminds me of the boxing one. Does anyone have a link to the boxing thread?
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #42
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassJaw***ist View Post
Good thread, reminds me of the boxing one. Does anyone have a link to the boxing thread?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Excellent screenname, by the way!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #43
JohnJohn
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Nah, there is no way Arlovski gives up the wet-paper-chin title, he's been champ forever. That kind of career experience makes up for a lot.
JohnJohn is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #44
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Anybody remember when the only chin-checker on ESB was Zakman? These guys breed like roaches.

Popkins is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #45
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by popkins View Post