Old 09-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #46
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Glass Jawed Disgrace of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJohn View Post
Nah, there is no way Arlovski gives up the wet-paper-chin title, he's been champ forever. That kind of career experience makes up for a lot.
He is indeed MMA's Glass Jaw Emeritus but it might be time to make room for the young guns who are getting their China Chins shattered in even more disgraceful fashion. I will consider this when making my final decision, however, because past history does figure into current disgrace status.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #47
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Struve has an ironic nickname "the skyscraper" must be cuz he falls like one when he gets hit
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #48
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Struve has an ironic nickname "the skyscraper" must be cuz he falls like one when he gets hit
I'd love to see Overeem/Struve because it would be the "Skyscraper" versus the "Demolition Man". I'm pretty sure the tower would fall.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #49
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
I'd love to see Overeem/Struve because it would be the "Skyscraper" versus the "Demolition Man". I'm pretty sure the tower would fall.
that is an imbalance match overeem would kill struve.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #50
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
that is an imbalance match overeem would kill struve.
No shit, Sherlock. I didn't pick this hypothetical match because of the quality of fight, I merely made an offhand suggestion alluding to the wordplay between their respective noms de guerre. Also, they're both Glass Jawed Jokes.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #51
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Hard to say. From where I sit, as a boxing fan, most of these MMA guys seem to have glass jaws.

Compared to these clowns, even Fraudley has decent whiskers......okay, well maybe that's overstating it, but you get the drift!
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #52
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
Hard to say. From where I sit, as a boxing fan, most of these MMA guys seem to have glass jaws.

Compared to these clowns, even Fraudley has decent whiskers......okay, well maybe that's overstating it, but you get the drift!
I've learned to differentiate between the two and expect different results from fighters in each sport. MMA has more prevalent Glass Jaws because the premier fight league has to fill cards and uses strip club fighters to do so, grapplers don't HAVE to be able to take a punch as much as a boxer or MMA stand-up artist would, and the little gloves have an effect, as well.

That being said, Glass Jaws exist in ALL sports involving punching and MMA does have a large number of them. In time, I hope you'll give MMA a try, Zak, because MMA fans, for whatever reason, are very stubborn to accepting the idea that all craniums are not built for the same abuse and experts like yourself and the rest of the Chinchecking team would be a great boon for converting these misguided fans. I would advise you to go look for some fight videos of the guys in the following threads:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 09-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #53
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
No shit, Sherlock. I didn't pick this hypothetical match because of the quality of fight, I merely made an offhand suggestion alluding to the wordplay between their respective noms de guerre. Also, they're both Glass Jawed Jokes.
overeem has not been knocked out since his bulk up so i believe your talking shit mate.

fatburg.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #54
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
overeem has not been knocked out since his bulk up so i believe your talking shit mate.

fatburg.
Roids don't help Glass Jaws, "mate". If they did Andrei Arlovski would have been a beast rather than a punching bag for the last few years. You really wanna know why he hasn't been KOed since he started roiding? Because he hasn't fought anyone worth a damn, that's why.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #55
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Roids don't help Glass Jaws, "mate". If they did Andrei Arlovski would have been a beast rather than a punching bag for the last few years. You really wanna know why he hasn't been KOed since he started roiding? Because he hasn't fought anyone worth a damn, that's why.
K-1 not count or something?
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #56
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
K-1 not count or something?
He got KOed in K-1. Nobody remembers the thrashing Glass Jawed Hari gave him in the rematch or the fact that Sprong wobbled him with a jab? Overroid has no Chin. None.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #57
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He didn't get KO'd, he was dropped once and then fell against the ropes after a head kick, which counted as a knockdown. He lost because of the two knockdown rule, not because he was knocked out.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #58
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
He didn't get KO'd, he was dropped once and then fell against the ropes after a head kick, which counted as a knockdown. He lost because of the two knockdown rule, not because he was knocked out.
He was going to be KOed and that much was readily apparent. He visited queer street more times than Elton John in that fight and had he not been saved by the ref he would have been starched and staring into the doctor's penlight again. Defending his disgraceful Mandible is pointless as it has already proven on multiple occasions to be Grade AAA China.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #59
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm not really defending his chin, I'm defending his level of competition. You said that the reason why he hasn't been KO'd since he started roiding is because he level of competition has been weak (even though you now say that he has been KO'd in that time, even though he hasn't.) It has been fairly weak in MMA, but he has faced some tough guys with big power in K1.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #60
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm not really defending his chin, I'm defending his level of competition. You said that the reason why he hasn't been KO'd since he started roiding is because he level of competition has been weak (even though you now say that he has been KO'd in that time, even though he hasn't.) It has been fairly weak in MMA, but he has faced some tough guys with big power in K1.
This is the MMA forum where we are discussing MMA. I didn't bring up the K-1 lowlights because I was sure some idiot Glass Jaw denier would attempt to say that somehow punch resistance translates differently between the two. Overroid's competition is as weak as his Chin and I can't for the life of me figure out why people are so hyped on the guy when he still can't take a punch, hasn't done anything that would show improvement on his abysmal takedown defense, and could barely do anything to Werdum on the feet out of abject fear for the takedown. He is a disgrace to all sports involving punching.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum