Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2007, 05:11 AM   #16
champ1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: When willmayweather have done enough to satisfy everyone.

Lets think of boxers who are going down of atgs of this era first one that springs to mind....Bernard Hopkins
20 defences at middle weight then jumps up and beats a overated Antonio Tarver and a small man in Winky Wright

....Floyd could have hung around at 130 and 135 for years dominating some great names imho but no he went up through the weights striving for greatness.....hes achieved so much we all just need to shut our mouths and appreciate him now not when he is gone

and one for the record Floyd Mayweather has thegreatest defence of all time!
champ1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2007, 05:14 AM   #17
jimmy1991
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i never liked him be4 the hatton fight but now i do
jimmy1991 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 05:23 AM   #18
LockDog387
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I don't care about his character or his achievements, but as a fight fan I was disappointed in him fighting Hatton instead of Mosley.
LockDog387 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 05:23 AM   #19
LockDog387
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i never liked him be4 the hatton fight but now i do
You can't be serious? And how does beating Hatton suddenly make you fan of him?
LockDog387 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #20
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
there will ALWAYS be another beast around...ALWAYS. thats why many fighters fight too long and get annihilated when theyre past their prime.

After Cotto, theres Williams, and then Mosley, and then Spinks, and then Forrest, and then Diaz, and then Berto, and then Malignaggi, and then Margarito, and then Pacquaio, and then Alcine, and then a whole slew of new contenders will be the next beast....
No.

There is ONLY Cotto. Williams is too green, he hasnt beaten anyone. Mosley is too old he has lost too many fights, Forrest and Spinks are not even close. Margarito would just cause him problems but he has too many loses. Malignagi, Berto not even close. Pacquaio is too small.

So like I said it would be nice for him to fight some other guys after Cotto when he is still in his prime BUT the only challange and the only guy I think he needs to fight to prove he is the best of this era is MIGUEL COTTO!
maciek4 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #21
ec111
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

You can't win over everyone but if you're talking about HOF/ATG then he's there already. Even if he losses to Cotto. A win over Miguel would vault him even higher so he should go for it.
ec111 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #22
scorpy
Veni, Vidi, Vici
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Floyd needs to settle in at 147 and clean house in order to erase all doubts. There are plenty of big fights for him at 147 and once he beats them, he would gain the respect of everyone.
Voilą...
scorpy is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #23
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ1
Lets think of boxers who are going down of atgs of this era first one that springs to mind....Bernard Hopkins
20 defences at middle weight then jumps up and beats a overated Antonio Tarver and a small man in Winky Wright

....Floyd could have hung around at 130 and 135 for years dominating some great names imho but no he went up through the weights striving for greatness.....hes achieved so much we all just need to shut our mouths and appreciate him now not when he is gone

and one for the record Floyd Mayweather has thegreatest defence of all time!
Mayweather didn't go through the divisions striving for greatness, he went through the divisions looking for PPV. Now, don't get me wrong, I won't be discrediting him on his ability to be successful at several different weights, but forget statistics and study his opposition. I honestly don't think it is that impressive. Hopkins beat Winky Wright, p4p better than any prime fighter Mayweather has ever fought (if you consider De La Hoya was undeniably out of his prime). Also, Whitaker fought Sanchez, an all time great, and p4p better than any fighter Floyd Mayweather fought. It's impressive how many belts Mayweather has gotten, but when you consider he has to beat fighters like Baldomir, Gatti, and Hatton to get them, it becomes less impressive. Roy Jones beat Toney and Hopkins during his career, two fighters far better than any opposition Mayweather ever fought.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #24
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huki
Cotto. Cotto. Cotto. That's all I ask for.

He MUST fight Cotto, everything else should be secondary. If he beats him, he can seal his legacy and even retire if he wants. If he loses, he'll stain his legacy a bit, but will earn huge respect from me and probably most fans since he took the match.
Perfect. Thats what I'm talkin bout

Cotto! Cotto! Cotto!

I wont give him full credit until he fights Cotto.
maciek4 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #25
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

does nobody realize he just beat the best WW,JMW and JWW in a row??

Last edited by Symphenyceo; 12-10-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Symphenyceo is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #26
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

well for me, and i have been a mayweather critic, the hatton fight did it...completely.

I have been critical of floyd becuase he has been so verbal about being the ATG of all time etc etc and his last few fights were average (outside of gatti which was a mismatch)

i was going for hatton but stated I have no problems if floyd win just on how he wins...who the **** wants another RJJ ??...i thought if he dominates hatton i will be convinced of his greatness and well ....the rest is history ...personally i think he is an ATG already ...but thats just me.

I dont think Cotto will beat floyd.....
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #27
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Haters:

"look, floyd did okay with a blown up light welterweight, okay, but he did lose rounds, and even though hes fought in five weight classes, floyd is the much bigger man, i mean, his arms are two inches longer! if that doesnt tell you something, then shit...he's huge at welterweight! He walks around at 150! All he needs to do is beat Cotto, Williams, Cintron, Margarito, Spinks, Forrest, Alcine, Berto, Juan Diaz, PAcquaio, Pavlik and Calzaghe in 08, and he has all of my respect."
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #28
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Amateur

you left out Hopkins, Dawson, Haye and of course, Wlad
how could i forget wlad!?
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #29
Speak.King
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Margo, Paul, Mosley, Cotto and then GOD is his next mandatory opponent. Haters, hate on. It's never enough when your the best.
Speak.King is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 04:44 AM   #30
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
Haters:

"look, floyd did okay with a blown up light welterweight, okay, but he did lose rounds, and even though hes fought in five weight classes, floyd is the much bigger man, i mean, his arms are two inches longer! if that doesnt tell you something, then shit...he's huge at welterweight! He walks around at 150! All he needs to do is beat Cotto, Williams, Cintron, Margarito, Spinks, Forrest, Alcine, Berto, Juan Diaz, PAcquaio, Pavlik and Calzaghe in 08, and he has all of my respect."
That is bullshit and you know it.

You know damn well that its only Cotto that he needs to beat.
DLH was nothing but a money fight, Hatton was the fight that he needed and he proved himself, now he needs to prove himself against another monster at WW Miguel Cotto. As far as the other ones they are either too old , too big, too small , too green , too unproven or overrated and he doesnt have to fight them. Of course it would be nice if he fought a few more names after Cotto but its not a requirement but Cotto is a must.
maciek4 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum