Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 02:33 AM   #76
woftam1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

Guys

you are forgetting the most important thing

i am going to Perth for 3=4 days for the fight

thats really the only thing that is important ATM
woftam1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 02:43 AM   #77
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tommy emmanuel mk 2
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 367
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

while ur there u should grab a cppl brews at the court or connections. happening places.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #78
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,144
vCash: 1275
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopperdong View Post
while ur there u should grab a cppl brews at the court or connections. happening places.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #79
woftam1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

will see what i can do

I will probably be swayed by where BG and H are going
woftam1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #80
AdamH
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by woftam1 View Post
will see what i can do

I will probably be swayed by where BG and H are going
stay away from the shady character by the name of leon
AdamH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:02 AM   #81
woftam1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

had a beer with him and Ash at the tarver fight

Those 2 kept hugging each other

i was getting a bit woried
woftam1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:00 AM   #82
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: perth
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
So who do you personally believe?

I mean, we only have the media to go on really, and it was reported that it was suicide.
You're saying that should be taken with a grain of salt.

But you don't have any more reliable info than anyone else.

Me personally, I'm very skeptical of this fight, for many reasons.
Greens recent history for one.
And what the media has presented to us about his newest opponent for another.
At this stage of Greens career, he's not really interested in the toughest fights around now is he?

I mean really, aren't you even a little bit skeptical?
truthfully i dont think he would have been cleared to fight if he had attempted suicide, Im not saying the media shouldnt be believed, but i find it hypocritical that people believe everything the media says without a doubt and then go on to say that everything green says is bullshit. Hes probably not interested in the toughest fights but he genuinely cares about his fans and what they want, and this is a fight a lot of fans wanted, therefore he is trying to make it happen. Of course im skeptical about the poles mental fragility but if he and his team insist he is fine and he has been cleared fit to fight then that is all we can go on.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #83
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
truthfully i dont think he would have been cleared to fight if he had attempted suicide, Im not saying the media shouldnt be believed, but i find it hypocritical that people believe everything the media says without a doubt and then go on to say that everything green says is bullshit. Hes probably not interested in the toughest fights but he genuinely cares about his fans and what they want, and this is a fight a lot of fans wanted, therefore he is trying to make it happen. Of course im skeptical about the poles mental fragility but if he and his team insist he is fine and he has been cleared fit to fight then that is all we can go on.
Ok, but Paul Briggs was also cleared to fight, so that rules out the whole 'if he's cleared to fight, then he's healthy' story doesn't it.

As for believing everything Green says, don't forget, Greens words are delivered to the public via.... You guessed it, the media. So irrespective of what Green might say, it can and will be twisted and distorted by the time the public see it.
The media is bullshit, no question.

Green caring about his fans? I'm not so sure anymore, I'd be pretty confident he doesn't care as much for them as you might like to believe. I suspect Green is more interested in filling his retirement fund so he and his family can live happily ever after.

Whilst I give Green full credit for getting bashed by Tarver, I reckon they only took that fight because they thought Tarver was past it enough for Green to win.
They were wrong.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #84
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

Lets tell it like it is shall we. Green / Mundine care about the $$$$$ not their fans. If Green cared so much about his fans he would have refunded a % of their ticket price for the Briggs farce or offered those fans a cheaper ticket to his next promotion. He knew that the fans were robbed blind that night and what did he do about it ? Nothing.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:48 AM   #85
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 1166
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

briggs didn't lose because of poor health, he lost because he took a dive.

people seem to forget that.

he would have lost eventually though i'm sure.

he may not have been in the best shape of his life, but even a briggs that did zero fitness at all lasts longer than 30 seconds. i think people can honestly agree with that. he is one of the country's toughest ever athletes.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #86
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
briggs didn't lose because of poor health, he lost because he took a dive.
And you know that for certain?
Quote:
people seem to forget that.
I haven't forgotten anything, I don't believe the real truth ever came out as to what exactly happened.
Quote:
he would have lost eventually though i'm sure.

he may not have been in the best shape of his life, but even a briggs that did zero fitness at all lasts longer than 30 seconds. i think people can honestly agree with that.
I can't say I do as I don't know exactly what shape Paul was in.
However, considering the combat sports authority of NSW wouldn't renew Briggs registration on medical grounds (and that's a fact BTW, not speculation), one could safely assume Paul was not capable of boxing.
Quote:
he is one of the country's toughest ever athletes.
I can't disagree with that, but what has that to do fighters being cleared for boxing, when they clearly should not be in the ring.
Which is what we're discussing right now.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:13 AM   #87
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 1166
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

the point is he lost because he took a dive!!!!!!!!!

shirley temple (pun intended) would not have been ko'd by that punch.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:29 AM   #88
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
the point is he lost because he took a dive!!!!!!!!!
No, that's just a strawman you've brought into the discussion.

The point I was trying to make with dawsosj was about fighters being cleared to fight is not always black and white.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #89
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: perth
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

i can categorically say that he does care alot about his fans , that should be one thing that is never in doubt about green. As for your point about greens words being delivered via the media, that is exactly the point , the media distort thing to suit their own personal agenda, i dont believe everything he says, but i dont believe everything that anybody says either , its human nature to lie, i think the whole paul briggs fiasco is one reason as to why this fight will be clear of any controversy, there is no way that gmp would risk another farce like that, so therefore i believe that they would have ticked all the boxes to ensure another debacle does not occur. Thats my opinion anyhow
dawsosj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #90
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: odds for green - wlodarczyk? green big favourite at 1.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
i can categorically say that he does care alot about his fans , that should be one thing that is never in doubt about green.
Fair enough, I don't happen to agree.
I think he cares a little, particularly for the cameras, but behind the scenes I think he has an attitude not a lot different to Mandy these days.
Quote:
As for your point about greens words being delivered via the media, that is exactly the point , the media distort thing to suit their own personal agenda, i dont believe everything he says, but i dont believe everything that anybody says either , its human nature to lie, i think the whole paul briggs fiasco is one reason as to why this fight will be clear of any controversy, there is no way that gmp would risk another farce like that, so therefore i believe that they would have ticked all the boxes to ensure another debacle does not occur. Thats my opinion anyhow
Yep, and an opinion is something we all get to have.

Going by what you just said, it seems strange GMP would even consider fighting someone with an even slightly dubious recent history, yet lo and behold, thay have.
Why would they even want that kind of attention again, there's a lot of other fighters which wouldn't raise any eyebrows.

Unfortunately I've lost most of my confidence in Green.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013