Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
aus-boxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Tarver Speaks to Aus-Boxing

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Antonio Tarver has spoken exclusively to Aus-Boxing.com about Danny Green taking up the fight with WBC Cruiserweight champion Krzysztof Wlodarczyk, the July 29 fight where he beat Danny Green via corner stoppage and what lies ahead for the Magic Man.

Leading up to Green vs Tarver, the American’s trainer-Buddy McGirt revisited the loaded hand wraps rumour started by Roy Jones Jr after he was stopped by Green in round 1. Tarver said: “The maker of the gloves told me prior to the fight if Danny’s logo was on the gloves that means he altered them which is against regulations. In the end they tried to make me change gloves, after reviewing his gloves I stated “It doesn’t matter what gloves he wears he won’t hit me with them anyway.”

Danny alleged that Antonio threatened to pull out of the fight 3 weeks out unless he received an extra $100,000 on top of what he was meant to earn. Tarver put this issue to bed by saying, “I never requested extra I did request for the money off the top of my guarantee. Big difference.”

Tarver was fuming over Green’s new fight, “Danny Green never wanted a rematch and he’s lying to everyone that will listen. The deal was already constructed in the first deal. The deal was the rematch would take place where we both would be making more money and obviously the fight sells in Australia and not in the US. So he wanted the same terms as the first fight but he said US knowing that the money wasn’t there. They had one conversation with me Mick Pember by phone and I never heard a word from them since. Danny Green has been lying for 3 years about the fights we were suppose to have years ago. He has no word and would never be able to beat me no matter where we fought…”

When asked about a possible WBC and IBO unification bout, “I would love to come back but Danny has proven to me he has no honor, he prefer the easy way out but he’ll fool the public into believing he is taking a big big risk,” Tarver said..

The Magic Man then went on to say the one thing he still wants to achieve in boxing which is winning a heavyweight world title. “It’s my desire to fight and defeat either one of the Klitschko Brothers by the end of the year. No more playing with the cruiserweights. I’ve proven I can beat any man on any given day. I’m ready to shock the boxing world one more time.”

“I’m naturally bigger than both of their last opponents so there should be no reason why we can’t make the fight. And since Vitali just fought I’m personally addressing Wlad.”

The 5 time world champion feels his opponents underestimate him, “All my opponents underestimate me because it looks so easy on the outside looking in. For some reason people never want to give me my just due but when you look over my body of work from the amateurs to the pro’s how can you not?”

Tarver also predicts that Mayweather will be too strong for Victor Ortiz on Saturday night, “How can you tip against Floyd Mayweather? Until someone beats him I can’t pick against him.”
aus-boxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Re: Tarver Speaks to Aus-Boxing

I like your work aus - keep it up mate .
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

great work AUS BOXING. Would have liked to know his prediction on Greens next fight. Tarver to me is straight up no nonsence. If you go back looking at the inital Deal their is evidence to suggest Danny signed and breached contract, given that Danny settles out of court its most likely this is what occured with Shaw. He uses every angle he can get to sell his bullsht storys, from smoking mundine out to soft parts of the skull and weight incentives, the guy is one of the biggest frauds in AUS boxing and Tarver proved just that, no wonder why its all smokes and mirrors from Team Green, bunch of CATS.

Go the HAWKS! lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

hahaha tc tarver is renowned as one of the biggest trash talkers in the sport!
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

And Dannys one of the biggest Frauds, i take my chances with the trash talker lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I'm going with Tarver on this one, don't trust Green one bit.
kel is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

I will go with Tarver too
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
And Dannys one of the biggest Frauds, i take my chances with the trash talker lol
no!!!!!!!!!!!

u seriously not on greens side?

he will be terribly upset.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #9
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296

[ Tarver quote ]

" It's my desire to fight and defeat either one of the Klitschko brothers
by the end of the year "

Sounds like Antonio is singing from Mandy's song book.
fast hands is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #10
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

he was classy and straightforward in the lead up to the fight and as soon as he doesnt get a second big payday he becomes bitter and antagonistic. It suits those who dislike green perfectly because they take any word against him as the utter truth and gospel, people should learn to be more subjective whether they are a fan of a guy or not, take everything with a pinch of salt because neither guy will be diclosing the full details.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Thanks for the interview aus-boxing. Tarver's story certainly makes more logic compared to Green'$.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #12
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
he was classy and straightforward in the lead up to the fight and as soon as he doesnt get a second big payday he becomes bitter and antagonistic. It suits those who dislike green perfectly because they take any word against him as the utter truth and gospel, people should learn to be more subjective whether they are a fan of a guy or not, take everything with a pinch of salt because neither guy will be diclosing the full details.
u mean objective.

regardless, green is wrong, ty said so.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
I know you're friends with Green and his dad but Greeny has long history of bullshiting its not surprising people believe Tarver over Green.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #14
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
You look at both of them and what they're saying and it's pretty obvious who is telling the the truth (Or closest to the truth). All Green says is Tarver is being difficult, I can't wait forever, let's fight in America. Tarver goes into specifics, says what we know about in regards to where the fight will sell and says that he asked for money off his guarantee which makes a whole lot more sense than just asking for a pile of extra cash for no reason
Green fans have to admit that their boy never wanted a rematch, he's put his spin on it just like he has with all of his previous losses. Try to make it appear that he's done all he can and then continues on with his cherrypicking politician routine.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
I know you're friends with Green and his dad but Greeny has long history of bullshiting its not surprising people believe Tarver over Green.
yep i know why hes lost a lot of peoples trust, but i think from reading both of the accounts, that there are lies and truth in both, and people shouldnt just flatly believe one or the other. I think tarver wants to discredit this fight as much as possible , as you would if you felt as though you were snubbed out of a rematch, and on the other hand green feels as though tarver was making him jump through hoops to get the deal done and he possible couldnt afford to take another big financial risk , both valid arguments. Thats just my opinion though
dawsosj is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum