The answer lies in the how Pacquiao looks agains JMM 7 25.93%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default What outcome of PBF next fight could increase chances for a Pac fight

And why would the chances be bigger for that fight to happen, In the event that that scenario would occur.
And what would end all hopes(we ain't got much as it is).
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111
Default Re: What outcome of PBF next fight could increase chances for a Pac fight

arum gives up the ghost
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What outcome of PBF next fight could increase chances for a Pac fight

Ortiz winning ends it I think, floyd either rematches ortiz or retires then, or ortiz goes hiw own route and might end up fighting pac.
Floyd winning keeps the fight alive of course.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
Ortiz winning ends it I think, floyd either rematches ortiz or retires then, or ortiz goes hiw own route and might end up fighting pac.
Floyd winning keeps the fight alive of course.
Maybe Floyd want's to keep his ZERO, and he's regarded right next to Pacquiao or very near him on top or below in all boxing experts and fans opinion. Losing to Ortiz place him under Paqcuiao as legacy and how he is regarded by the boxing world, his Zero is lost so that's out of the way to, so now the only way to be back on top will be to beat Pacquiao.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 06:55 AM   #5
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Mayweather looking brilliant. If Ortiz wins then it kills the fight.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #6
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
Maybe Floyd want's to keep his ZERO, and he's regarded right next to Pacquiao or very near him on top or below in all boxing experts and fans opinion. Losing to Ortiz place him under Paqcuiao as legacy and how he is regarded by the boxing world, his Zero is lost so that's out of the way to, so now the only way to be back on top will be to beat Pacquiao.
yeah but there would be way less for pac to gain, I think if he beats undefeated floyd he will get a huge legacy boost.
We dont know how floyd handles losing, does he go hamed or barrera?
Its all speculation of course since he is supposed to handle ortiz tonight.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #7
jmmpbf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Floyd has to win for a Pac fight.

Or better yet what if Floyd with a "1" on hes record, suddenly fights everyone to prove once again he is the best in boxing. Khan, Pac, Martinez etc..
jmmpbf is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #8
spud1
HAWK TIME!!!!
East Side Guru

A schooling and a knockout

When an if jr does this more people will demand he takes the test and see him for all his bullshit refusal.
spud1 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Mayweather winning dominantly, because it should further reinforce his belief that he will handle Manny Pacquiao.

But if he struggles and Victor pushes him right to the limit, then I think he may become even more hesitant to get it on with Manny.

And if he loses, I actually believe the Manny fight will become a real possibility. He'd have lost that one precious thing he's so protective about - the undefeated record - and will probably more willing to redeem himself.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #10
blur
WLADGLASSJAW
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Mayweather winning dominantly, because it should further reinforce his belief that he will handle Manny Pacquiao.

But if he struggles and Victor pushes him right to the limit, then I think he may become even more hesitant to get it on with Manny.

And if he loses, I actually believe the Manny fight will become a real possibility. He'd have lost that one precious thing he's so protective about - the undefeated record - and will probably more willing to redeem himself.
couldnt agree more
blur is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post

the worst thing that could happen is him losing to ortiz then fighting pac next and schooling him, I would be really pissed off then.
But e dont know how he will take a loss though, does he fight more challenges or retires.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #12
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 4720

Mayweather losing and winning the rematch.

That way he doesn't have to protect his precious "0" anymore and that's a huge step towards a Pac fight.
Robney is online now  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #13
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
the worst thing that could happen is him losing to ortiz then fighting pac next and schooling him, I would be really pissed off then.
But e dont know how he will take a loss though, does he fight more challenges or retires.
I think Floyd's ego is that of a man who, after being embarrassed by a defeat, will look to immediately bounce back and prove his worth. Considering the Mayweather brand that he's built himself, he can't afford to do anything less. I would expect him to do the two things that would claw back the most respect for him:

Rematch Ortiz - Prove to the world that it shouldn't have happened. Kinda' similar to the way he reacted to his controversial win over Castillo.

Fight Pacquiao - Knowing the avenged win over Ortiz won't be enough to shut up the critics who are still basking in the joy of seeing that big fat L on his record, he'll need to settle the score with the best fighter in the world. Other than Martinez, no opponent out there can help Mayweather cure his tarnished legacy more than Pacquiao can.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #14
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

A close decision win. He'd have to realize that he is indeed getting older and would either have to cash in, or retire. An easy win would probably lead to more easy fights than anything.
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #15
jharax
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

haha.. i had this question in mind yesterday...

and i really think this

IF
PBF wins against ortiz, the harder pac vs may will be done.. coz im pretty sure PBF will ask for higher purse... and old arum doesnt want that...

and IF PBF loses to Ortiz, im pretty sure PAC vs MAY will be ON! since im pretty sure May wants $$$$ and losing his 0 would mean his stocks will go down...
jharax is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum