Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #31
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Re: Mayweather: 的f (Ortiz) Feels Like It Was A Fluke...Then I値l Do It Again." Remat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post
He's still in his prime, at the tail end of it. That's why he can't afford wasting the few fights he has left at his high level on outclassed opponents like Ortiz. His resume leaves a lot to be desired for someone who considers himself up with the very best in the sports' history.
I think he's very clearly not in his prime. But, then again, I also think there are actual stages between your prime and being a shot, helpless mook, unlike a lot of people here. He's still a top man in the sport, but he is not at his peak, regardless. You don't fight 42 times, in five weight classes, against sixteen former, future and current world champions, from 1998 to 2011 at the world title level, come back from retirement, come back from a sixteen month layoff after that and you're still in your prime. I don't buy that. If you do, SNV bless, but we disagree.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #32
Rexrapper 1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 499
Default Re: Mayweather: 的f (Ortiz) Feels Like It Was A Fluke...Then I値l Do It Again." Remat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Jose Luis Castillo?
I knew I should have finished the rest of my last post. He gave Castillo a rematch because people felt he lost. That is the only fight in his career that alot of people think he lost. Only clowns think Oscar beat Floyd. If you look at his resume, that is the only fight he had a rematch in.
Rexrapper 1 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #33
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan88 View Post

Bitch move by May even mentioning this rematch. In case he doesn't know already let me inform Mr. Mayweather that Martinez is available to fight at 150 lbs after Barker fight.

Martinez would likely rehydrate to close to what Ortiz weighed in tonight's fight.

Since Pac will be fighting Bradley after Marquez, if the next Mayweather opponent isn't Martinez he's being a bitch.
I think Martinez weighed 168 lbs on fight night in the second Williams fight (in which Martinez weighed-in at 157 lbs). That's 3 pounds more than what Ortiz weighed against Mayweather on the night of the fight.

Last edited by paulfv; 09-18-2011 at 08:33 AM.
paulfv is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #34
causality
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 328

I can't wait for this fight again. What is better than fighting a young hungry lion? Fighting him twice!
causality is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #35
boxingboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather: 的f (Ortiz) Feels Like It Was A Fluke..Then I値l Do It Again." Rematc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistal47 View Post
What idiots would even waste their money on this bull shit again? Both are a ****ing joke.

Most of the same ones that bought the fight last night.....I'm so glad I saved 60 to 70 bucks and still watched the full fight this mourning
boxingboy is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #36
asm0juice

As much as i want them to settle this fight, they don't deserve a ****ing rematch!!!
Ortiz is a dirty mother****er while floyd is a cheapshot mother****er...
Whoever is gonna pay to watch this rematch is an asshole...
asm0juice is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #37
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

To those who bought this fight?

I told you so.

CoDer is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #38
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDer View Post

To those who bought this fight?

I told you so.

Last two fights were rough.

Alvarez looked awful. That was a big letdown.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #39
edouardleniqueu
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Mayweather: 的f (Ortiz) Feels Like It Was A Fluke..Then I値l Do It Again." Rematc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistal47 View Post
What idiots would even waste their money on this bull shit again? Both are a ****ing joke.
I bet that the PPV score will be higher for the rematch than the 1st match. Many people want Mayweather to be Koed, so they will watch and pay the PPV.
edouardleniqueu is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #40
lanzelotz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Rematch?

Between a dirty fighter and a cheap fighter?
Why should I throw my money at them? They can go and **** each other
lanzelotz is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #41
edouardleniqueu
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
SOURCE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Folks, we may just have a rematch brewing here. Ortiz has already said he wants one.
I was surprised to see how fast Mayweather offered a rematch, he knew the conditions are good to make a good PPV score. In fact the PPV issue is always on his mind, as he showed by "thanking the people who paid for the PPV". He knows how to capitalize on people's negative feelings toward him to his own benefit.
edouardleniqueu is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #42
PBA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 387

They'll let Ortiz have a couple of fights then a rematch probably late next year.
PBA is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #43
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by edouardleniqueu View Post

I was surprised to see how fast Mayweather offered a rematch, he knew the conditions are good to make a good PPV score. In fact the PPV issue is always on his mind, as he showed by "thanking the people who paid for the PPV". He knows how to capitalize on people's negative feelings toward him to his own benefit.
Good point and I totally agree.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #44
Big George
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexrapper 1 View Post
I knew I should have finished the rest of my last post. He gave Castillo a rematch because people felt he lost. That is the only fight in his career that alot of people think he lost. Only clowns think Oscar beat Floyd. If you look at his resume, that is the only fight he had a rematch in.
No dude he got a rematch because Arum owned both fighters. That's it!
Big George is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #45
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Just read a source -- no joke -- that said some "experts" gave Ortiz 2 of the first 3 rounds. One judge did give Ortiz one of the first three rounds (likely the second).

Ortiz also said he was just getting into a groove in the 4th round, I think.

So, take that all for what you will.
it was close far from dominant for sure, Floyd wasnt able to control Ortiz as he thought he would, right hands only from Floyd that wasnt enough, Floyd tried to fight him and seemingly got a bit tired doing so and backed off, the moment this opportunity presented itself Floyd took it, and to be honest I dont think Floyd himself threw those shots thinking they were legal I think he threw them to do what he did in retaliation but I also think at that time Floyd found himself an exit door and was willing to take the DQ loss if it was ruled that.
People saying Ortiz found a way out? Bullshit Floyd found a way out, and he is lucky Cortez is lying for him as if Cortez is going to admit he ****ed up anyways.
Bazooka is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum