Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
Fitzgerald90
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 625
Default Losing Weight Blog

I dont care how much stick i get for this but last night after i polished off my last chocolate shortcake and Chips with pitta bread i now have promised myself without fail i will diet to get myself down to 54/55kg.

And making a day by day blog will help me stick to it

I weighed in last night at 61.6kg
Fitzgerald90 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Fitzgerald90
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Losing Weight Blog

up in the morning for a 3mile run with 2 layers and bin bag.

Came back had two small weetabix and two slices of whole meal bread for breakfast with two glasses of water.
Weighed Myself at lunchtime 60.2kg about to have some pasta and Turkey for Lunch before training. Didnt give in to my temptation to eat crisps aswell.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Scott-Robson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 15444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzgerald90 View Post
up in the morning for a 3mile run with 2 layers and bin bag.

Came back had two small weetabix and two slices of whole meal bread for breakfast with two glasses of water.
Weighed Myself at lunchtime 60.2kg about to have some pasta and Turkey for Lunch before training. Didnt give in to my temptation to eat crisps aswell.
Just some advice, running with extra layers and bin bags or sweat suits or whatever is stupid
Scott-Robson is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Just some advice, running with extra layers and bin bags or sweat suits or whatever is stupid
Agreed. Your trying to lose fat i assume so why fool yourself by delibratly dehydrating yourself and losing TEMPORARY water weight
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
Fitzgerald90
Contender
ESB Senior Member

maybe but it makes u work harder

anyway went training had another nice run with some sprints and then hit the lesuire centre for a sauna

weighed in: 59.2kg not bad
Old 09-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #6
Ovee
Journeyman

vCash: 500

actually it'll make you work less?

Your body needs to stay hydrated, if you go for a run and you sweat most of your liquids out your gonna start finding it really hard to keep going and eventually your gonna have to stop, not because your muscles are doing more work, or because your straining yourself more, but because you body needs liquids to function and at a low level your gonna feel sick. Run without layers and bags, you accomplish no weight loss through sweating, sweating doesn't burn calories and as soon as you drink something your gonna end right back up at your weight.
Ovee is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2011, 06:14 AM   #7
Fitzgerald90
Contender
ESB Senior Member

this is over a short distance only two to three miles and that was just for my morning run in the evening i dont use layers.I find a 3 mile run harder with layers in the morning then without
Old 09-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #8
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
this is over a short distance only two to three miles and that was just for my morning run in the evening i dont use layers.I find a 3 mile run harder with layers in the morning then without
It doesn't make you work harder in the slightest, you find it harder because you're dehydrating yourself not because it's helping with fat loss or anything for that matter.

You've been told a few times now it just causes water loss which is then regained once you've had a drink. It's utterly pointless and in some cases can be dangerous.

Stop being so ignorant.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 09-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #9
Ovee
Journeyman

Quote:
like the guy above me said, you find it harder cause your dehydrating yourself. Your body needs the liquid in order to function and you are draining yourself. This isn't making you lose any weight for longer then it takes you to drink something and rehydrate yourself. The only difference in weight that you are noticing after these runs is that your liquid level in your body goes from 70% to for example 65% but this returns to 70% as soon as you drink enough water.

Instead of running with layers even on the short runs run for longer, or for faster. Increase in your workload is what is going to make you lose weight.

The only reason and time boxers use layers and non-breathable fabric is before their weigh in. This allows them to have more muscle mass but still retain the correct weight for their weighin. A boxer who fights at middleweight can weigh 73 kg (0.4 kg above the weightclass) but he can sweat himself down to 72.6 for his weigh in. As soon as he is done with that he will rehydrate himself because it is unhealthy to stay dehydrated for long.

Dehydrating yourself in order to lose weight is like running with shoes that have needles inside them. Yea it makes it harder and more difficult. But it doesn't do anything positive for your weight loss.
Ovee is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #10
Fitzgerald90
Contender
ESB Senior Member

so why do people train in sweatsuits
Old 09-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #11
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Athletes that need to lose a few pounds to make weight use sweatsuits to get to the required weight, that's the only time they should be used. Anyone that tells you otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

When you see people wearing suits or bin bags in the gym or on the street they're just clueless. They've seen boxers doing it (who are also clueless) and think it helps their training in some way, it doesn't.

What exactly do you think it does for your training?
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 09-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #12
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
2 reasons:
1, They are athletes who need to weigh in and want to sweat out a few pounds of water NOT FAT
2, THEIR CLUELESS IDIOTS. If you think it help lose weight then why dont u also sleep with layers on? it makes you sweat doesnt it?
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
Ovee
Journeyman

Quote:
I explain that in the third paragraph of my post. to lose liquid to make a weigh in.
Ovee is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #14
pahapoisu
Superman!
ESB Addict

vCash: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
Agreed. Your trying to lose fat i assume so why fool yourself by delibratly dehydrating yourself and losing TEMPORARY water weight
It heats your body up so it burns a little more calories trying to keep cool. I dont really think its worth it.
Its not. Too risky to lose a few extra calories.
pahapoisu is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #15
sam1222
**** You.
ESB Senior Member

I notice everyone's jumped on the bin bags/sauna suit thing (which i agree with, its pointless unless you need to do it to weigh in) but nobody has said what to do instead.

Up your cardio. Run every day, and hit the gym for boxing workouts later in the day. Hill sprints are excellent for burning fat too, as are tabata workouts. I find wearing layers is fine as long as you start stripping them off as you warm up. Go swimming, cycling, walking, whatever you prefer but stay motivated and active.

Good luck mate.
sam1222 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing