Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Progress (Havent gotten to a gym yet..:-( )

Started out around 157, now down to 125, trying to put on 5 more pounds to get a little strongers.. 5'6.. (I've been going at it for around a year...I REALLY wanna box...and will finally get to a gym early next year.., 15 yo)

My Current Workout:

5x3 Rope
3x3 Shadowboxing (1). Jab - Footwork Focus (2). 1-2 (3). 1-2-3
6x3 Bag (1). Jab, Footwork (2). 1-2 (3). 1-2-3 (4.) Infighting (5.) Whatever (6.) 1 Minute Power Shots, 1 Minute Punchout, with one minute in between.
3x1 Abs (1). Bicycle Crunches (2). Crunches (3). Classic Situps
Pushups with a deck of cards or squats.(On squat days, i also do calf raises after im done with squats)
15 Straight Min. on the rope..

All the boxing is just basics, from my dad telling me how (he used to compete) and from studying anything possible..(More of that than my dad telling me lately)

Getting to a gym sometime early next year (Jan-Feb)

Thanks Relentless, i used your stuff a lot to base my workout on...
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Re: Progress (Havent gotten to a gym yet..:-( )

Looks good mate. Iv had to stop going my gym cos iv moved out of the country for about another 3 months yet. However like you im getting in shape before i go back. Good you got your dad to help you out. However why early next year to join a gym just do it the next session they hold. I was nervous about going first time , i was out of shape and didnt know what to expect. Since i left the country iv been training like a mad man and i know what to expect when i get back so i cant wait to join. Weather its nerves or wateva holding you back joining just do it you wont look back.
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What about throwing some burpees into the mix and clap push ups and well you could go on forever , but id deffo recomend burpees. Also i didnt see road work mentioned if you have great stamina when you join the gym youll feel so much better and road work is the way to get it. Last few weeks iv actually started enjoying my roadwork finally lol (im in australia at the mo and you cant beat running a couple miles on the beach!)
Old 12-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #4
truepwrz
getting better and better
ESB Jr Member

good luck mates keep us updated on your training

Last edited by kg0208; 11-02-2006 at 11:22 PM.
truepwrz is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #5
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007
Looks good mate. Iv had to stop going my gym cos iv moved out of the country for about another 3 months yet. However like you im getting in shape before i go back. Good you got your dad to help you out. However why early next year to join a gym just do it the next session they hold. I was nervous about going first time , i was out of shape and didnt know what to expect. Since i left the country iv been training like a mad man and i know what to expect when i get back so i cant wait to join. Weather its nerves or wateva holding you back joining just do it you wont look back.
Early next year because my brother is the one that will be taking me, and going with me and hes real busy up until than, also i do roadwork 2-3 miles 3 times a week.. (Im not gonna lie, its usually 2 haha, but id say i at least do 3 miles once a week). Burpees sounds like a great idea, ill probably start doing that after i do my other stuff, firgured itd be better you know, have that explosiveness when you are already spent and what not.. What is the best way to do them, sets, it seems like they would be better as a as many as you can do in an x amount of time thing to me
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentMatt
Early next year because my brother is the one that will be taking me, and going with me and hes real busy up until than, also i do roadwork 2-3 miles 3 times a week.. (Im not gonna lie, its usually 2 haha, but id say i at least do 3 miles once a week). Burpees sounds like a great idea, ill probably start doing that after i do my other stuff, firgured itd be better you know, have that explosiveness when you are already spent and what not.. What is the best way to do them, sets, it seems like they would be better as a as many as you can do in an x amount of time thing to me
Kool man sounds like your doing well. Ill be honest with you you sound almost as fit as me so im probably not the best person to advise you. I just throw in 20 burpess now and then in my work out when i find myself standing round or w/e. I should probably make it a routine but i often just get up and start working out and think after **** i forgot to do summit.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Another great thing iv started doing is hill sprints. My dads got a really steep drive and i start at teh back of his garage and sprint as fast as possible to the top , jog back down and touch the back of the garage and repeat.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #8
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Also im off from work at the moment so i got all the time in the world which means you can spread it through the day, eg i dont do push ups in the morning with the rest of my workout , but i go down the beach to get the running in and after if ran a couple miles ill start running back again and theres this bit of flat sand and ill bang out some push ups and really take my time . Before you know it if its spread through the day your doing like 120 push ups a day and its not even difficult lol. Like i said im no expert and your prob about or not far off my level of fitness , plus my work out is really mismatched but it works for me this way. Sure someone else will give you some ideas

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing