boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default To all the Complainers about Cortez...

Give me a break.. You complain that he was breaking up the clinch way too soon and wouldn't allow Hatton to "fight inside". Well let me break it down for you.. Grabbing and hugging then punching is not inside fighting, If you want to see the real definition of inside fighting watch Corrales vs Castillo I. They were fighting inside pretty much the whole fight and maybe clinched ONE or TWO times at the most and that's when they were HURT. They were fighting like they were inside a phone booth chest to chest. That's real inside fighting, not what Hatton does by grabbing and pushing his opponents around.
markbrooklyn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: To all the Complainers about Cortez...

[quote=markbrooklyn]Give me a break.. You complain that he was breaking up the clinch way too soon and wouldn't allow Hatton to "fight inside". Well let me break it down for you.. Grabbing and hugging then punching is not inside fighting, If you want to see the real definition of inside fighting watch Corrales vs Castillo I. They were fighting inside pretty much the whole fight and maybe clinched ONE or TWO times at the most and that's when they were HURT. They were fighting like they were inside a phone booth chest to chest. That's real inside fighting, not what Hatton does by grabbing and pushing his opponents around.[/quote]

and yet no complaining about the tszyu fight
Symphenyceo is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #3
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict

Its really interesting how boxing has evolved over the years. That type of clinching was an integral part of Boxing back in the day.

A ref wouldn't have batted an eyelid and would have alowed inside fighting with clinches go on for an entire round.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

You just hit the nail on the head. Then on the second point...CORTEZ ONLY JUMPED IN AFTER ABOUT 8-10 SECONDS OF NO ACTION AND ALL PUSHING ARM HUSTLING AND HATTON TRYING TO WRESTLE FLOYD TOWARDS TO ROPES ONLY TO WRESTLE MORE..IF HATTON WAS TRYING TO GET WORK DONE..THEN PUNCH
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #5
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

BOTH did a lot of rough housing fact is...Hatton NEEDED the clinch hold punch tacttic to even be able to work inside and its illegal.....he should have came with a B plan......Floyd beat him EVERYWHERE inside and outside it was nothing Hatton could do and like someone mentioned above infighting is not Holding and Punching and he gave a great example of it......Hatton got beat at his own game.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
Kostya Zoo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphenyceo
I did.
Kostya Zoo is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #7
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Who would of ever thought Floyd would out wrestle hatton on the inside and get his shots off and not let hatton get his off. I knew floyd could in-fight but i did not know he could beat hatton at hattonisms round 5-7 are good examples
Old 12-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #8
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostya Zoo
I did.

i did too..but hatton fans didnt see anything wrong with it...nor did they have a problem with the last 5 rd against urango
Symphenyceo is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #9
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Theres only oooonnnne MAyweather
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 PM   #10
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

That was tight at the press conference when floyd said that...he talks the talk...but he walks the walk...walking all the way to Money land...Floyd was just pure gangsta that whole night from his super confident demeanor to when he jumped in on the Famous "MERCHANT POST FIGHT HATER SPEACH"
Old 12-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #11
JAM Killer
Coming Through.
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
Give me a break.. You complain that he was breaking up the clinch way too soon and wouldn't allow Hatton to "fight inside". Well let me break it down for you.. Grabbing and hugging then punching is not inside fighting, If you want to see the real definition of inside fighting watch Corrales vs Castillo I. They were fighting inside pretty much the whole fight and maybe clinched ONE or TWO times at the most and that's when they were HURT. They were fighting like they were inside a phone booth chest to chest. That's real inside fighting, not what Hatton does by grabbing and pushing his opponents around.
Great post
JAM Killer is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #12
Johnnyblaze
Contender
ESB Senior Member

People need to be shamed of themsevles. they need to realize that Hatton wasnt going ot be allowed to get away with all that bull**** here in the states, especially not in Vegas. Refs in the U.S. aren'tgoing to let him hold and grapple for 2:30 of a round and punch for the rest of the round. I knew that before the fight. He gets away with in in England because that's his hometown and that's the only reason. Corrales/Castillo is a PERFECT example of what in-fighting is SUPPOSED to look like. I've seen nothing like that in any of Hatton's fights. Besides, Floyd gave him some of it back and neither Hatton or his fans liked it too much.
Johnnyblaze is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:02 AM   #13
digiram
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[quote=Symphenyceo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
Give me a break.. You complain that he was breaking up the clinch way too soon and wouldn't allow Hatton to "fight inside". Well let me break it down for you.. Grabbing and hugging then punching is not inside fighting, If you want to see the real definition of inside fighting watch Corrales vs Castillo I. They were fighting inside pretty much the whole fight and maybe clinched ONE or TWO times at the most and that's when they were HURT. They were fighting like they were inside a phone booth chest to chest. That's real inside fighting, not what Hatton does by grabbing and pushing his opponents around.[/quote]

Were you around the forums after that fight??? There were several threads complaining about that. Floyd called it a WWE match on ESPN .
digiram is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:06 AM   #14
Drofrah
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 814

Quote:
i did too..but hatton fans didnt see anything wrong with it...nor did they have a problem with the last 5 rd against urango
Not all Hatton fans, i would have liked when he was being beat for him to be able to switch to a new tactic, and ended up dissapointed
Drofrah is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:33 AM   #15
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=digiram]
Quote:

Were you around the forums after that fight??? There were several threads complaining about that. Floyd called it a WWE match on ESPN .
Actually I didn't get on the forums till a few hours after the fight cause I was at my friends house watching it but yeah I'm just amazed by some of these people that claim Floyd was the one that was fighting dirty. I thought it was a WWE match too, It was very annoying to see Hatton throw punches then lung in and grab Floyd before Floyd could punch back, But that's his whole fighting style which IMO is illegal. Floyd proved he's a great fighter by going along with it and beating him.

Last edited by Yogi; 11-03-2006 at 05:21 AM.
markbrooklyn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum