Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
carlos200587
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Default could i hit that hard?

a bit of a silly question even...


but since i've started boxing the one thing my trainers and sparing partners have noticed is the power i carry in both hands, expecially the right.

they almost always mention it...

even before boxing when i have fought people on the street(messing around or serious), i've always been the smaller lighter fighter 11stone 5'7,quite stocky though.
(145 pounds that is) and held my own, against 13,14,15,16stone(honestly) guys who have commented on my hard punches.

could i just be a born puncher?and how do i utilise it to my advantage even more?

thanks for reading.
carlos200587 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
mcguirpa
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 1000
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos200587 View Post
a bit of a silly question even...


but since i've started boxing the one thing my trainers and sparing partners have noticed is the power i carry in both hands, expecially the right.

they almost always mention it...

even before boxing when i have fought people on the street(messing around or serious), i've always been the smaller lighter fighter 11stone 5'7,quite stocky though.
(145 pounds that is) and held my own, against 13,14,15,16stone(honestly) guys who have commented on my hard punches.

could i just be a born puncher?and how do i utilise it to my advantage even more?

thanks for reading.
I'll translate that for you:

I'm well hard me, and I want to brag about it on the net like some kind of spactard.
mcguirpa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
carlos200587
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirpa View Post
I'll translate that for you:

I'm well hard me, and I want to brag about it on the net like some kind of spactard.
You sir are a dick

a silly little dick at that with tiny little faggot balls

...that wasn't what i was implying, but yes, i am surprised at others reactions by my shots...you internet shit stirer
carlos200587 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 944
vCash: 95
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirpa View Post
I'll translate that for you:

I'm well hard me, and I want to brag about it on the net like some kind of spactard.
Dont be a cunt k? No one wants to look like a forum hero so save your bad sense of humor for somewhere else
Juxhin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
carlos200587
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
Dont be a cunt k? No one wants to look like a forum hero so save your bad sense of humor for somewhere else
thank you
carlos200587 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
JabCross
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Yep, you're a natural born power puncher. Don't go swinging for the fences and looking for the knockout shot when you fight though. Instead, try disguising your power shots with faster, lighter punches. Example: speedy 1-2, hard left hook, hard straight. Mix up your combos and make sure you get your body behind the punch for maximum power.
JabCross is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 944
vCash: 95
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabCross View Post
Yep, you're a natural born power puncher. Don't go swinging for the fences and looking for the knockout shot when you fight though. Instead, try disguising your power shots with faster, lighter punches. Example: speedy 1-2, hard left hook, hard straight. Mix up your combos and make sure you get your body behind the punch for maximum power.
Yep, perfect explanation
Juxhin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #8
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In Vitalis cut.
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 75
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Could you KO McCall?
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #9
carlos200587
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabCross View Post
Yep, you're a natural born power puncher. Don't go swinging for the fences and looking for the knockout shot when you fight though. Instead, try disguising your power shots with faster, lighter punches. Example: speedy 1-2, hard left hook, hard straight. Mix up your combos and make sure you get your body behind the punch for maximum power.
thats the sort of advice i wanted, thanks
carlos200587 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #10
Joan_Guzman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 75
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

11 stone is 154 and your very short at that weight
Joan_Guzman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
carlos200587
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan_Guzman View Post
11 stone is 154 and your very short at that weight
thanks for pointing that out
carlos200587 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #12
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In Vitalis cut.
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 75
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos200587 View Post
thanks for pointing that out
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #13
carlos200587
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

lol, i might be pushing 5'8 on a good day
carlos200587 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #14
lepinthehood
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,800
vCash: 266
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos200587 View Post
lol, i might be pushing 5'8 on a good day
depends how thick the carpet is.
lepinthehood is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #15
carlos200587
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Default Re: could i hit that hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepinthehood View Post
depends how thick the carpet is.
:d:d
carlos200587 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013