Old 12-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #16
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: green v drews presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
You'd think so, though I have a horrible feeling that they will fight again regardless of the result of the Drews fight.
I don't reckon they will if Drews wins.

My feeling is Mundine is taunting Green for a fight just in case he wins a belt at LHW........If Green is successful then Mundine will claim to be a 2 weight division champ when he outboxes Greenys ears off again.

If Green gets beat, Mundine laughs at him and tells him to get to the back of the line.....However if Mundine gets beat within the nxt 12 months maybe just maybe a big money fight in Perth could take place.

Just my thoughts
kel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 AM   #17
westside
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
It might be better for Mundine if Drews wins so he can focus on moving on with his career.

...and a heap of fools dont get sucked into another rort of a ppv
westside is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 03:13 AM   #18
rushman
Devoid is Devoid
ESB Addict

vCash: 9205

I would love to see Greeny win. I got my doubts though.

Stipe has looked pretty good, except for the one time against Briggs. During that fight he was simply beaten by the better fighter, and didn't have the skills to adapt - so he got dirty instead.
But he got back on his bike and has done a reasonable job of continuing with his career.

Greeny looked like gold until his fight with Sullivan. After that meltdown, things were pretty woeful for him. He has shown a few good signs since moving up to LHW, but I am not cnovinced yet.

Bottom line? Both have tried to bounce back from defeat, but I reckon Stipe has bounced back further and better.

Stipe win by UD. Im gonna cheer on Danny and hope for the best.
rushman is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 05:11 AM   #19
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If this Stripe guy is known as a dirty fighter then get a bloody good ref in the ring to sort the dirty bastard out
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 05:22 AM   #20
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million
If this Stripe guy is known as a dirty fighter then get a bloody good ref in the ring to sort the dirty bastard out
~ referee: Takeshi Shimakawa | judge: Jean-Louis Legland | judge: Levi Martinez | judge: Tom Miller ~
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 05:24 AM   #21
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
referee: Takeshi Shimakawa
Never refereed a world title fight outside of South Korea or Japan(which is where he is from).
He is gonna be in for a hard match.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 05:28 AM   #22
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Never refereed a world title fight outside of South Korea or Japan(which is where he is from).
He is gonna be in for a hard match.
Ok that makes alot of sense maybe you could pull him aside Kegsy and lay the law down
Old 12-12-2007, 05:50 AM   #23
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ok that makes alot of sense maybe you could pull him aside Kegsy and lay the law down
I might have to.
I dunno why the WBA chose him for.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 05:55 AM   #24
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I might have to.
I dunno why the WBA chose him for.
I'd say he better ref right on the night, there's no room for cheap dirty tricks Anyway have a great night, I will be watching it in the privacy of my own backyard
Old 12-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #25
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushman
I would love to see Greeny win. I got my doubts though.

Stipe has looked pretty good, except for the one time against Briggs. During that fight he was simply beaten by the better fighter, and didn't have the skills to adapt - so he got dirty instead.
But he got back on his bike and has done a reasonable job of continuing with his career.

Greeny looked like gold until his fight with Sullivan. After that meltdown, things were pretty woeful for him. He has shown a few good signs since moving up to LHW, but I am not cnovinced yet.

Bottom line? Both have tried to bounce back from defeat, but I reckon Stipe has bounced back further and better.

Stipe win by UD. Im gonna cheer on Danny and hope for the best.

You are right about the result i think, gonna put some money on Drews. Let's be real man, Green never looked like gold, he has always been a stiff, dumb wannabe tough guy. I think it was hilarious how he was trying to mean mug Drews like he does to all his opponents and Drews was just grinning at him like he was a child

Green won't be able to pressure him, he is gonna get outboxed and frustrated, he usually looks frustrated as soon as he steps in the ring but it's gonna be even worse with the 6'5 southpaw in front of him. Danny Green does not have power, it's a myth that comes from his stoppage win over Eric Lucas who gave up more than anything. He has no 1 punch power, he needs to accumalate punches and there is no way he is going to be able to do that against Drews, he is too dumb and too stiff.

Hopefully nothing shady happens with the judging and Mundine moves onto bigger and better things. I doubt it though, it was pathetic how when mundine was asked about calzaghe and green he didn't say anything about calzaghe but he decided to call out green, he just wants easy wins and money, he doesn't care about fighting the real man.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #26
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 13001

Dam i can't believe how many people think Drews will win\
Each to their own i guess good luck to you all your gunna need it boys
All i'll say is that they'll be carrying Drews out of the ring come sunday and i don't want to hear the same cunts who reckon drews will win saying how shit he is
Drews has no power what so ever i remember Oganov sparring him at Jeffs gym and walking straight threw drews jab as well as landing some nice shots himself and this was at a time when Danny used to spar Vic regualy and towel him up
And when i saw a 40yo Branco shake Drews up on the inside during the 6th or 7th round i thought what the **** would Danny have done to him with those shots?
I know Drews was out boxing Briggs but Briggs is more of a brawler than boxer and as soon as he couldn't keep Briggs at arms length he ran into the left hook and he folded like a deck chair his whole game plan went out the window.
"YER DANNY PUT HIM IN A BODYBAG"
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #27
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny

Go Danny Go
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #28
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Anyone got any footage of Drews?
VIP is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2007, 12:59 AM   #29
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny
Dam i can't believe how many people think Drews will win\
Each to their own i guess good luck to you all your gunna need it boys
All i'll say is that they'll be carrying Drews out of the ring come sunday and i don't want to hear the same cunts who reckon drews will win saying how shit he is
Drews has no power what so ever i remember Oganov sparring him at Jeffs gym and walking straight threw drews jab as well as landing some nice shots himself and this was at a time when Danny used to spar Vic regualy and towel him up
And when i saw a 40yo Branco shake Drews up on the inside during the 6th or 7th round i thought what the **** would Danny have done to him with those shots?
I know Drews was out boxing Briggs but Briggs is more of a brawler than boxer and as soon as he couldn't keep Briggs at arms length he ran into the left hook and he folded like a deck chair his whole game plan went out the window.
Thats alot better Who wants to listen to negative crap then have people turn around and say 'oh but I hope Greeny wins, Greeny Greeny'.
PERLEAZE and I hope the commentators (Hi Paul) on the night are POSITIVE towards Danny, we do not want a repeat of the mundine commentating IMO
Old 12-13-2007, 02:05 AM   #30
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Thats alot better Who wants to listen to negative crap then have people turn around and say 'oh but I hope Greeny wins, Greeny Greeny'.
PERLEAZE and I hope the commentators (Hi Paul) on the night are POSITIVE towards Danny, we do not want a repeat of the mundine commentating IMO
Andy Raymond always does the commontating on Green fights.
Not that joke of a special comments Barry Michael & footy commontators Clinton Grybas & Matthew Campbell.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum