igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: stance and balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatto View Post
...?explain please
Watch Floyd's punch execution.Thats the perfect , most basic stance combined with handspeed.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2011, 04:18 AM   #17
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Gatto,, simply it gives the Biomechanics of Balance the inner ear Coxxys and Big Toe, the alinement to work as they should through Oral stability. Oral is, above the Neck, the Head, its the position of the Head that makes everything work as it should. It gives the Body the correct alinement to work as it should, and posture to generate Force correctly
scrap is online now  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #18
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatto View Post
...?explain please
Posture is the most important and commonly neglected thing when it comes to balance, because it seems most fighters are taught to hunch forward and drop their chin, the idea being to make the chin a harder target to get to. seems a bit childish and primative to me but thats the idea. id prefer the ability to move my chin out of line of fire completely rather than trying hide it overly so behind my shoulders and gloves but thats just my opinion.

This bad posture puts you off balance, usually on the front foot, which means your probably pushing and reaching with power shots rather than in balance favouring rotating and whipping out the shots, its also restricting mobility, any adjustments made in stance will have very little effect on balance if posture is very poor, you will remain over 1 foot. put simply less balance means less power, speed and agility, there are many benefits to be had from good posture related to speed and strength.

I also feel that fighters with perticularly bad posture sometimes fail to notice the fact that though their chin is well tucked in from some shots and angles, from others its wide open oh well, keep hiding those chins guys lol, maybe a beard for an extra stealth chin? lol
wayneflint is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #19
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneflint View Post
Posture is the most important and commonly neglected thing when it comes to balance, because it seems most fighters are taught to hunch forward and drop their chin, the idea being to make the chin a harder target to get to. seems a bit childish and primative to me but thats the idea. id prefer the ability to move my chin out of line of fire completely rather than trying hide it overly so behind my shoulders and gloves but thats just my opinion.

This bad posture puts you off balance, usually on the front foot, which means your probably pushing and reaching with power shots rather than in balance favouring rotating and whipping out the shots, its also restricting mobility, any adjustments made in stance will have very little effect on balance if posture is very poor, you will remain over 1 foot. put simply less balance means less power, speed and agility, there are many benefits to be had from good posture related to speed and strength.

I also feel that fighters with perticularly bad posture sometimes fail to notice the fact that though their chin is well tucked in from some shots and angles, from others its wide open oh well, keep hiding those chins guys lol, maybe a beard for an extra stealth chin? lol
You're saying one can't tuck his chin and still maintain posture and balance?

Because that would be a pretty dumb thing to say...
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #20
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In not down, drop the Chin more than !5%, it stops the Diaphram from working by up to 50%. Also gives the Shoulders a response, which has to be changed to Punch at speed. Puts pressure on the lower Back and Groin, they work together causing the Hip rotation harder to move. Plus drop the Chin, the other Guys Punching range becomes shorter by 4". Plus everything works off Oxygen, if Boxing with Chin down it restricts the cardio output in a dramatic way. Which affects Eyesight.
scrap is online now  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #21
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
In not down, drop the Chin more than !5%, it stops the Diaphram from working by up to 50%. Also gives the Shoulders a response, which has to be changed to Punch at speed. Puts pressure on the lower Back and Groin, they work together causing the Hip rotation harder to move. Plus drop the Chin, the other Guys Punching range becomes shorter by 4". Plus everything works off Oxygen, if Boxing with Chin down it restricts the cardio output in a dramatic way. Which affects Eyesight.
Yes, but I think the idea is that I'll sacrifice a little bit of my own performance potential for the safety of not getting knocked the **** out . Besides, a lot of the chin tucking is supposed to come from the way you hold your shoulders and angle yourself to the opponent.

I'll take a shot to the forehead any day rather than a flush one to the nose or having my chin clipped while it's sticking way out in the open.

It's kind of like people who say you get more power fighting out of a crouch. Maybe so, but I'd prefer not to annihilate my legs and be light on my feet. Sometimes what's best...isn't.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #22
bck620
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
So chin "in" how so? Do you mean pull it back? I'm not following...
bck620 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #23
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bck620 View Post
So chin "in" how so? Do you mean pull it back? I'm not following...
Your back is against a wall and theres a guy in front of you about to give you the ****meat sandwich and you don't want it so you pull your head back like nooooooo.

(Eitherside and wayne, you guys'll have to just pretend you don't want it)
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #24
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

BCK620, the Spine controls the Sympathetic Nervous System, which controls movement, Flight or Fight is the term used. Chin down causes it to be restricted through Feel giving wrong signals for Do, Theres a saying, show me a man Fghting with His Chin down, Ill show you a man waiting to get Hit, True. By doing it you change the Psychodynamics of movement. I cant think of one Great Fghter who did it. Chin Down restricts the Biomechanics of movement.
scrap is online now  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #25
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Definitely Chin down while defending.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #26
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

WHY for what reason
scrap is online now  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #27
bck620
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
BCK620, the Spine controls the Sympathetic Nervous System, which controls movement, Flight or Fight is the term used. Chin down causes it to be restricted through Feel giving wrong signals for Do, Theres a saying, show me a man Fghting with His Chin down, Ill show you a man waiting to get Hit, True. By doing it you change the Psychodynamics of movement. I cant think of one Great Fghter who did it. Chin Down restricts the Biomechanics of movement.
Ok, but again, what do you mean by "in". Can you describe having your chin in? I understand the WHY but HOW do you do this?
bck620 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #28
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[quote=KillSomething;10871728]I'll take a shot to the forehead any day rather than a flush one to the nose or having my chin clipped while it's sticking way out in the open.
quote]

Id rather the ability to move my head rather than take shots to the forehead, each to their own
Old 10-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #29
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
Your back is against a wall and theres a guy in front of you about to give you the ****meat sandwich and you don't want it so you pull your head back like nooooooo.

(Eitherside and wayne, you guys'll have to just pretend you don't want it)
Yet again you post useless crap have nothing to contribute and too little sense to learn anything from a civilised discussion so you resort to personal insults, how sad.
why are you even on a boxing forum? go join some kind of childs forum or somthing if all you want to do is argue like a bitch. If i was as angry as you, i would be asking myself why that is? goin well down at the gym? lol
Old 10-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #30
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
Definitely Chin down while defending.
Chin down and open to uppercuts with a lack of balance, perception and terrible posture? nah thats not me, id rather pull the chin back, done properly your chin will be tucked in and away from straights and hooks just the same as it is when its dropped. just with added benefits in my opinion, the targets not as big for uppercuts, less likely to get cut up on the inside if the fighter is wild or dirty and trying to use his head to open you up.

I could go on and on about the benefits to chin pulled back but not many making points for chin dropped, if you want to post Killsomthing then post back with some valid points on why you think chin down beats chin pulled back? then we would be having an interesting disscussion, rather than arguing like a spoiled brat thats had his dummy taken.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing