Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #31
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: stance and balance

BCK, Dont stick your Chin out is a better term, just make sure the Ocular Cavity and that whats in it, are not under stress and you have full vision, you have a 1/6th of a second to decide, make the most of it
scrap is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #32
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
You're saying one can't tuck his chin and still maintain posture and balance?

Because that would be a pretty dumb thing to say...
Thats exactly what im saying, and im laughing my ass off at you calling me dumb because of this perticular statement, your arguing with a textbook on this one, fact. you really are just making things up in your head as you go along, convincing yourself its fact then writing posts as such, lmao. that statement alone is enough evidence for me and anyone that knows a bit about balance to see what you are, so youve just saved me time here, thanks

That really was YET another nice attempt to pull me up on wording my statements there by the way well done.. i bet your so much fun to be around and have lots of friends.
wayneflint is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #33
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Heres a thing you can try, open your mouth as wide as you can. Then put your chin down so its touching your neck, now close your mouth, thats where the Chin should be. Now you have vision and Balance [Ears where they should be] Hope this Helps.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #34
bobandweave
Journeyman

Sounds like a story that I have heard many times. You are fighting at the amateur level but your natural style is oriented to professional boxing, and you have a coach that is either unaware of it or doesn't care. It would be wonderful to think that you could learn any style and adapt to any situation, but that ain't gonna happen. You aren't Floyd Mayweather. If you can't find a better coach then I guess you have to live with what you have.

Get a rola bola it might help you improve your balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky c View Post
when ever i go on pads with the head coach at my gym he trys to get me to stand slightly more side on. i know it make me less of a target but im short and bob and weave a lot and feel more balanced with my feet wide apart plus i feel i can throw my straight right with more power when standing more square on. is it just down to my core strength why i feel so unbalanced an something i just have to adapt to or is it just my style of fighting? i also think it might be because he wants me to fight like an amateur and pitter patter punch then dash away rather than be a come forward fighter. i dont like the whole left right run away style of the amateur fighting style. i rather have a war.
bobandweave is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #35
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Bob and weave, whats a rolabola ?
scrap is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #36
bck620
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Heres a thing you can try, open your mouth as wide as you can. Then put your chin down so its touching your neck, now close your mouth, thats where the Chin should be. Now you have vision and Balance [Ears where they should be] Hope this Helps.
Alright I got ya now.

Cheers
bck620 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #37
bck620
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Its kind of like a tilt while keeping the ears in the same spot.

thanks
bck620 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #38
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Sort off.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #39
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneflint View Post
Yet again you post useless crap have nothing to contribute and too little sense to learn anything from a civilised discussion so you resort to personal insults, how sad.
why are you even on a boxing forum? go join some kind of childs forum or somthing if all you want to do is argue like a bitch. If i was as angry as you, i would be asking myself why that is? goin well down at the gym? lol
Quote:

I could go on and on about the benefits to chin pulled back but not many making points for chin dropped, if you want to post Killsomthing then post back with some valid points on why you think chin down beats chin pulled back? then we would be having an interesting disscussion, rather than arguing like a spoiled brat thats had his dummy taken.
Quote:
Thats exactly what im saying, and im laughing my ass off at you calling me dumb because of this perticular statement, your arguing with a textbook on this one, fact. you really are just making things up in your head as you go along, convincing yourself its fact then writing posts as such, lmao. that statement alone is enough evidence for me and anyone that knows a bit about balance to see what you are, so youve just saved me time here, thanks

That really was YET another nice attempt to pull me up on wording my statements there by the way well done.. i bet your so much fun to be around and have lots of friends.
You're silly

Quote:
I just did that and it's the exact position where I'd call it tucking my chin. I think we're all talking about the same thing here and some are calling it pulling the chin back, tucking it, dropping it, etc. We all agree it's not usually a good idea to put your HEAD down, which is what I think you're speaking against here.

I had originally thought you were arguing AGAINST what you're arguing for. I was picturing Wlad Klitschko and maybe Andy Lee to a lesser extent. (Not that that doesn't work too, but it doesn't work for everyone and absolutely invites a knockout.)
(I still think my analogy was better though )
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #40
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No problem
scrap is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 03:10 AM   #41
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandweave View Post
Sounds like a story that I have heard many times. You are fighting at the amateur level but your natural style is oriented to professional boxing, and you have a coach that is either unaware of it or doesn't care. It would be wonderful to think that you could learn any style and adapt to any situation, but that ain't gonna happen. You aren't Floyd Mayweather. If you can't find a better coach then I guess you have to live with what you have.

Get a rola bola it might help you improve your balance.
your natural style is oriented to pro boxing?
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #42
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95

Sometimes i can really hate this forum..
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #43
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
WHY for what reason
I dont mean chin flush against your body but you dont want it waving in the air when someone is aiming for it. Its an age old lesson basically all boxing coaches teach their boxers. I dont disagree that it restricts movement and air supply its Food for thought.

Chin down i automatically think of bernard hopkins, he hardly ever has it up and he is one of the best movers in the game.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #44
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hopkins angle is about 10%, which doesnt give the Shoulders a response that has to be changed. He is not looking at His Eyebrows if you like.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #45
bobandweave
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
your natural style is oriented to pro boxing?

Mike Tyson failed to make the Olympic team yet had an outstanding professional career. Do you understand why? He had a style oriented to the pros.
bobandweave is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing