Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #16
reno240

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If/When Joe beats Hops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
will the haters and ones who doubt him accept his greatness? if not, what does he have to do to achieve this in your opinion.

come on doubters, what does joe have to do to win you over? who does he have to fight before he wraps his career up?
I didn't know him very well, but I stopped doubting when I saw his display against Kessler. But a win over BHop won't deter his haters - BHop is like 106 years old.
reno240 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #17
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno240
I didn't know him very well, but I stopped doubting when I saw his display against Kessler. But a win over BHop won't deter his haters - BHop is like 106 years old.
Yet the same people who would mention his age if Joe won have him in there top 5 P4P right now. Wheres the ****ing sense in that.
Smith is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #18
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I have been a long time Hopkins phan, and stand by my wish 2 years ago that he would retire then. I don't see a tremendous upside in this fight for either guy outside of the main reason...you know it may be the biggest money fight for either of them. If Joe wins he beat a 40 + y/o, and will not silence a lot of doubters...B-hop wins and people state that joe had avoided US comp because he could not make the cut...I think both guys are great although both (mainly B-Hop) have seen better days...this fight is 3 years to late to get me overly excited or to make me change my mind on either fighter...Both great. I still see B-Hop in a razor thin decision...in a fight where Joe will find b-Hop's defense limits the ammount of punches he is used to delivering, and joes offense making Hop even more tacticle and choosing his spots even more often than he already does.. B-Hop in a close one...but I don't really care a whole lot at this point!
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #19
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

People also forget Joe himself is very old.

The gap is only like 5 years, therefore they are BOTH out of their peak, and this significantly increases the value of a Calzaghe win.
Smith is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #20
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
will the haters and ones who doubt him accept his greatness? if not, what does he have to do to achieve this in your opinion.

come on doubters, what does joe have to do to win you over? who does he have to fight before he wraps his career up?
can you say the same about calzaghe?
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #21
H .
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 218

Unfortunately, there's not much Joe can do. He won't be boxing much longer and waited too damn long to unify titles. Good job Joe, it's taken you long enough to come to the states. It's your own damn fault.
H . is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum