Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-25-2011, 05:44 AM   #16
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What should I look for in a trainer?

The Hard bit is training knowledge, if correct, you find everything finds its place. Everything we do is done through Feel, CNS and EMF, orchestrated through the Heart, its interesting.
scrap is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #17
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddieMaize View Post
Okay. Good that we have a constructive discussion now. But the above logice is not valid, in my opinion. I never said just old age, I said old aged trainer which means the chances of them being in the field for a longer time is higher. So plz compare 2 taxi drivers of different age ok? Not even a taxi and a truck driver, jsut 2 taxi dirvers..

Moreover, are we talking about traniers who are going to coach world champs? or some one who is going to coach newbiees..? Because, for some who is going to get started a coach who is good at basics should be more than good enough.. And if the coach has age (which means more experience, in most cases) he has a good influnce on the fellow who is getting trained. Feel free to correct me, plz..
Oh an aged trainer??! what's an aged trainer?? Your moving goalposts pal! Next it with be an aged trainer whose trained a world champion and has a bachelors in physiology.

Age is irrelevant; experience, intelligence and the resulting progression as a learner/ coach is what is important
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #18
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
The Hard bit is training knowledge, if correct, you find everything finds its place. Everything we do is done through Feel, CNS and EMF, orchestrated through the Heart, its interesting.
Emf scrap?
Old 09-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #19
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Electric Magnetic Field mate
scrap is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #20
freddieMaize
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Oh an aged trainer??! what's an aged trainer?? Your moving goalposts pal! Next it with be an aged trainer whose trained a world champion and has a bachelors in physiology.

Age is irrelevant; experience, intelligence and the resulting progression as a learner/ coach is what is important
You are too tight with your point that you are not willing to even come out of your box and think twice. I'm not moving gloadpost.. But I'm willing to adjust my opinion as the dicsussion progress to make my understanding better. However you on the other hand are too rigid in what you say.. Sry to say but you are a bit egoistic in our own world... And you are trying hard to not to get conviced since you think that is lame.. Period..
freddieMaize is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #21
freddieMaize
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
You are too tight with your point that you are not willing to even come out of your box and think twice. I'm not moving gloadpost.. But I'm willing to adjust my opinion as the dicsussion progress to make my understanding better. However you on the other hand are too rigid in what you say.. Sry to say but you are a bit egoistic in our own world... And you are trying hard to not to get conviced since you think that is lame.. Period..
One last attempt to make you understand what I'm trying to say all these time, You as a coach now, what do you think you would be when you are 60? a better coach than now?
Old 09-25-2011, 06:30 AM   #22
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Freddie, get your point, Eddie Futch wasnt bad at 80 . But He had help in the position He was in, was He better at 80 or 40. There comes a time when you Have too, rather than want too. Its about having the Heart to, rather than the Heart not to. Heart communcates with the Brain rather than the other way round, but get your point .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #23
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

23 year old gets certified and becomes a coach and trainer , hes been boxing competitively and training and around the sport since he was 10. His dad was also a trainer

65 year old gets certified and becomes a coach and trainer, hes just retired from an office job and is a casual boxing fan who needs something to do in retirement. Has done his qualifications and spent 6 months in the gym so far.

Id be looking into alot of things from these two trainers if i wanted one of them to teach me

the numbers 23 and 65 WOULDNT be something id look at

If you do then good luck on your boxing career

..........god i miss common sense
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #24
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
One last attempt to make you understand what I'm trying to say all these time, You as a coach now, what do you think you would be when you are 60? a better coach than now?

you are equating age with experience , assuming more age = more experience. what if hes 60 but stopped teaching for 20 years!? Look at the individual circumstances NOT the number
Old 09-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #25
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007 View Post

..........god i miss common sense
your being too rigid
Old 09-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #26
freddieMaize
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007 View Post
you are equating age with experience , assuming more age = more experience. what if hes 60 but stopped teaching for 20 years!? Look at the individual circumstances NOT the number
People always pick the exceptional case for counter argument. In most case it will not happen. Fine, I just expressed my opinion..

Much Thanks guys!!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #27
freddieMaize
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Freddie, get your point, Eddie Futch wasnt bad at 80 . But He had help in the position He was in, was He better at 80 or 40. There comes a time when you Have too, rather than want too. Its about having the Heart to, rather than the Heart not to. Heart communcates with the Brain rather than the other way round, but get your point .
Cheers mate
Old 09-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #28
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
People always pick the exceptional case for counter argument. In most case it will not happen. Fine, I just expressed my opinion..

Much Thanks guys!!

Its not an exceptional case at all, you've made a completely nonsensical statement linking age and experience- picked a pointless argument and used it to be insulting. Thats not expressing an opinion thats being a troll.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #29
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
your being too rigid
i know
Old 09-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #30
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Much Thanks guys!!
people always take a generalization and use it as a rule and don't accept that it could change from person to person, situation to situation. Its called prejudice.

I prefer keeping an open mind thanks , i haven't picked an exceptional case just a scenario that proves your theory is incorrect and irrelevant

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing