Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Hawks28
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1700
Default Don King Presents: Prizefighter

Anyone else heard about this? I hope this isnt a re-post, but I did a search and didnt see anything about it. Looks like Don King and 2K Sports are putting out a boxing video game in the spring. Hopefully it will be good, they are claiming it to be the best boxing game ever, but I'll believe it when I see it. Here is what they have to say about it, I believe this was announced yesterday:

"Don King Presents: Prizefighter brings an innovative feature set and story line to set the standard in boxing video games

2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced the spring 2008 release of Don King Presents: Prizefighter, the most realistic boxing video game simulation, for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Nintendo’s Wii™ home video game console and Nintendo’s DS™ portable system. This in-depth, documentary-style title will provide the deepest, most authentic and entertaining experience ever seen in a boxing video game.

“The combination of real-life fight scenarios, story-driven gameplay and photo-realistic graphics will set this title apart from the competition,” said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. “Our goal has always been to deliver the most engaging and realistic titles, and Don King Presents: Prizefighter will exceed these expectations. Based on the game’s innovative features and high-profile fighters, this title will be a ‘must have’ for any sports gamer.”

"In all my years working in professional boxing, I have never seen anything come as close to recreating the thrill, the intensity, the courage and the spectacle of the sport," said legendary boxing promoter Don King. "Don King Presents: Prizefighter is more than a game -- it is a glimpse at what life is like in and out of the ring for these incredible athletes."

Developed by Venom Games, the 2K studio that brought Rocky and Rocky Legends to the Xbox and PlayStation 2, Don King Presents: Prizefighter will bring the realism of live action match-ups and the true tactics of the sweet science together for the first time. More than just a night at the fights - players will be responsible for building a career by overcoming adversity, avoiding temptation, and balancing their commitments to train and promote, all while focusing on the goal of ultimately winning and defending the title belt. The story will be told by a revolutionary sports documentary-style narrative never before seen in a video game."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hawks28 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Don King Presents: Prizefighter

I just wish Fight Night had more fighters, 10 per divison!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

A really good boxing simulator would be a dream come true.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Waiting for Round 4 to come out.
KayEpps is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
Ashy Knucks
Prize Fighter
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I hope this shit has fighters like Mayweather, Cotto & Calzaghe this time..
Ashy Knucks is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
BLAOW
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] still the only confirmed signee?
BLAOW is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum