Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #31
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict

vCash: 1562
Default Re: 'Fighter of the Year' must go to Mayweather

Pavlik I admit has been impressive, although I aint convinced hes all that, Mayweather has been good too (when isnt he), Cotto too has been superb, its all subjective I guess...........Ill go with Rachman
peter5 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #32
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
I could say the same thing about Kelly. A win over a crude slugger in Miranda and a win over an overrated Taylor. You will never give PBF his props no matter what he does will you?
say what you will but winky wright and hopkins had 36 rounds and couldnt do what pavlik did....

also your comparing 3 KO's of top middles to an SD over old part time fighter oscar and as mayweather puts it... a midget.

just ****ing with ya man... lol
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #33
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speak.King
Just because HBO does a a documentary on your life talking about your hardships and where you came up doesn't make you a A class fighter. Case in point, Miranda=bum, Zeruche=bum, Abraham=bum,Taylor=bum and Pavlik=OK because he's the champ. OTHER THAN THAT THE DIVISION SUCKS.
your a ****en idiot....
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #34
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo
Hatton was an underdog. He was the smaller guy. He was the untested guy. And pretty much nobody gave him a chance. DLH is old and has not won any significant fights in the past 5 years.

Pavlik beat Miranda who was supposed to be teh unstoppable most feared man in the 160lbs, and dominated him and Damn near decapitated him. He then went on to beat the undisputed middleweight champion of the world, who was undefeated, and KTFO'd him. Add another KO of previously un-hurt Zertuche for good measure.

Floyd's KO of hatton was great, but still, Hatton was expected to lose and was NOT the undisputed champion.........Taylor was the favorite and expected to dominate Pavlik, and instead Pavlik took care of business in brutal fashion.

any other year, Floyd takes this, but Pavlik had a breakout year......he deserves it.
I don't go on "supposed to be". Miranda is crude with no real boxing skills. He is not as good as DLH even now. And I noticed you mentioned Taylor as the undisputed champion, but failed to say the same of Hatton, who you called untested and not the undisputed champion. He was the undisputed champion at JWW and lets not kid ourselves... PBF is not a true WW, we all know this. Neither is Hatton. He wasn't the smaller man...or untested (especially not compared to Taylor, who you just built up to be something while downplaying Hatton)

As for the Taylor was supposed to dominate Pavlik? Don't revise history. More than half this site, including myself, picked Pavlik by KO.

We don't choose fighter of the year based on perceptions. DLH and Hatton are better fighters than Taylor and Miranda.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #35
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
the hatton fight wasn't all that good, i mean he put up a good effort and won some rounds...but it did not live up to the hype....both were fouling alot, i mean alot.........

and i know it's not the most exciting fighter of the year, but alot more comes with this award than just winning fights.....i dont think pavlik was given any chance of winning against pantera, or jermain...and he did it in dominating fashion......

floyd didnt dominate oscar or hatton.....and ugly fight that turned into a ko doesn't impress alot of people...
Hey, whatever Freddy.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #36
lenin
what the **** you say?
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
i dont see how getting a SD over hoya, and 1 awsome win against hatton...

beats KO'ing the undefeated middleweight champion of the world, along with edison miranda and zertuche
here's how you described floyds last fight: 1 awsome win against hatton...

here's how you described pavliks last fight: KO'ing the undefeated middleweight champion of the world

you see what i'm getting at?
lenin is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #37
ssabripo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Just because HBO does a a documentary on your life talking about your hardships and where you came up doesn't make you a A class fighter. Case in point, Miranda=bum, Zeruche=bum, Abraham=bum,Taylor=bum and Pavlik=OK because he's the champ. OTHER THAN THAT THE DIVISION SUCKS.
hmmmm.......really? perhaps your floyd sackriding is blurring your mind a little?

Miranda a bum? did he not nearly decapitate Abraham? did he not whoop on the much larger allan green? did he not KO gibbs in 1 round? was he not heavily favored against Pavlik?

Taylor a bum? Now granted, i can't stand the faggot, but still, went the distance twice against B-hops, winky, etc....was undefeated, and was the undisputed champion. Overrated? for sure. a Bum? c;mon now.

so let me see.....if miranda and taylor and zertuche, etc, are all bums, what does that make Hatton? what does it say about floyd who got a split decision gift against an old ass slow ass semi-retired Oscar?
ssabripo is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #38
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:

And Mayweather ducked all top contenders at 147...but anyway, I don't see it your way - Pavlik, Taylor and Abraham are about the same level...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #39
hooligan
Millionaire Bum
ESB Addict

vCash: 1077

pavlik should win it...
hooligan is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #40
FRKO
"A MAN"
ESB Addict

Quote:
doesn't matter....he overcame adversity and won in dominating fashion...even though i'm a taylor fan, i think pavlik deserves alot of credit for that fight.....

mayweather should get, business man of the year...but "FIGHTER OF THE YEAR"..........**** NO
Word.
FRKO is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #41
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKO
Word.
Weren't you all over the boards telling us how Hatton was gonna kick PBF's ass and the like?
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #42
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
Hey, whatever Freddy.
usually, that's something said by someone backed into a corner...

your a cool dude though..
Old 12-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #43
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Weren't you all over the boards telling us how Hatton was gonna kick PBF's ass and the like?
in every fight it's 50-50, so what's wrong with hatton fans thinking that
Old 12-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #44
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
usually, that's something said by someone backed into a corner...

your a cool dude though..
There is no point in arguing the point with you. You know you show favoritism all the time on alot of subjects. You hate certain styles.

Case and point, you just named Chavez the GOAT....come on.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #45
K2ray
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Let's make a new thread exposing this guys (by posting this fools ridiculous posts) in relation to the fight on Saturday
K2ray is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum