Old 12-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #61
K2ray
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: 'Fighter of the Year' must go to Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
And there are dozens more like it, including you insulting others for picking PBF. Don't be a revisionist now.

I could care less whether you agree with me. Just don't be a hyporcrite.
The Ownership of 1930's film wannabe RKO may bad, FRKO begins
K2ray is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #62
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Oh but I can't? I can't disagree with Freddy and argue my side without being accused of trying to force an agreement? Hmmmm....
it's not that, your basically saying that I HAVE NO CREDS based on who i think is the GOAT....that right there is ****en childish and it says alot about you...
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #63
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
i have never admitted to being biased towards chavez or any other one of my fav fighters... your a ****en clown...

i'll be the only mother****er to tell you that nationality, race etc etc has alot to do with us liking fighters.....i come from a backround of proud mexicans...that made me racist in my younger years...and i dont mean just calling blacks n*****s or whites c******s, i mean really going to war with them on the streets....i've learned alot since then and have grown so much....but that has never clouded my vision when it comes down to boxing.......having rivals like ricans or flips make it fun, but to take it serious is on a whole other level.....i guess it depends on the poster on how serious they will take me.....but i aint here to make you believe me, frankly you can think whatever you want......but i've said many , many times that my 2 top fav's right now are cotto and taylor......

how that makes me biased is way beyond me...but posters will continue to use that as their defense when cornered...
No, you admitted to being biased against PBF cuz you don't like his style. And picking fighters because of nationality is a bias, like it or not. It's the very definition of bias.

You have me cornered? With what? Your opinion that PBF bores you? Yes, that was such a damaging representation of fact.

I don't care if you care or not. I can post my dissent as much as you do. Why are you so angry that I have?
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #64
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
it's not that, your basically saying that I HAVE NO CREDS based on who i think is the GOAT....that right there is ****en childish and it says alot about you...
No, I said you are biased, and you are. And after all the **** you post on this board about not liking this or that fighter and calling people all kind of ****, don't play martyr. The fact that you're trying says alot about you. You resort to jokes and name calling whenever you can't back up a statement.

You're not biased? But you pick fighters based on nationality? Ok then........
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #65
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

If Cotto had done the same people would be screaming he's name from the rooftops for fighter of the year, its just because its Floyd that its in some doubt. Floyd is definatley the fighter of the year, he beat the best 154lbs fighter and the best 140lbs fighter.
ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #66
Tunney5
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Kelly Pavlik should be chosen as fighter of the year for 2007.

Mayweather's close decision over a past prime De La Hoya was not impressive. Ricky Hatton was a smaller opponent, with a serious disadvantage in reach (26'' to 20'' arm length). Most people knew Mayweather would win.

Most people predicted Pavlik would lose his fights with Miranda and Taylor, yet he won both in a spectacular way. In Taylor, he defeated the universally recognized prime middleweight champion. In Miranda, he defeated a young, powerful puncher that everyone else was afraid of.
Tunney5 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #67
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
No, you admitted to being biased against PBF cuz you don't like his style. And picking fighters because of nationality is a bias, like it or not. It's the very definition of bias.

You have me cornered? With what? Your opinion that PBF bores you? Yes, that was such a damaging representation of fact.

I don't care if you care or not. I can post my dissent as much as you do. Why are you so angry that I have?
me, angry

i dont just hate mayweathers style, every fighter that fights like that gets on my nerves...wether it's the sweet science or not, it ****en get's under my skin....especially when you've been talking down on ATG'S and upping your status since you were a young un-proven fighter.....

for me, it's all about respect homie...and even though after a fight floyd shows it sometimes, he says how he truly feels when he's around his fake posse of fake gangsters.....

but in the ring, the man is awesome in some peoples eyes, that's cool...i just dont like his stlye....
Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #68
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionsForever
If Cotto had done the same people would be screaming he's name from the rooftops for fighter of the year, its just because its Floyd that its in some doubt. Floyd is definatley the fighter of the year, he beat the best 154lbs fighter and the best 140lbs fighter.
Never was and never will be...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #69
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunney5
Kelly Pavlik should be chosen as fighter of the year for 2007.

Mayweather's close decision over a past prime De La Hoya was not impressive. Ricky Hatton was a smaller opponent, with a serious disadvantage in reach (26'' to 20'' arm length). Most people knew Mayweather would win.

Most people predicted Pavlik would lose his fights with Miranda and Taylor, yet he won both in a spectacular way. In Taylor, he defeated the universally recognized prime middleweight champion. In Miranda, he defeated a young, powerful puncher that everyone else was afraid of.
You do know that Mayweather started at 130 and Hatton is a natural Jr. welterweight
lillarry is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #70
K2ray
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Here's a good one from our film friend RKO:

" And Floyd won't KO Ricky, that's for sure. Ricky will be laughing at Floyd in this fight."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

K2ray is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #71
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
me, angry

i dont just hate mayweathers style, every fighter that fights like that gets on my nerves...wether it's the sweet science or not, it ****en get's under my skin....especially when you've been talking down on ATG'S and upping your status since you were a young un-proven fighter.....

for me, it's all about respect homie...and even though after a fight floyd shows it sometimes, he says how he truly feels when he's around his fake posse of fake gangsters.....

but in the ring, the man is awesome in some peoples eyes, that's cool...i just dont like his stlye....
You're calling people names, it's not a sign of happiness.

And I just said, you don't like his style. I said you were biased against that style....you just admitted to it. Perhaps I need to make myself clearer. You don't like that type of fighter, pick against them, and rate them accordingly. Is that not a bias?

So then why are you so upset. I told the truth. You like Mexican fighters and skilled brawlers and pressure fighters for the most part. Nothing wrong with it, but it still makes you biased when you disregard the greatness of fighters with a more defensive style.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #72
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionsForever
the best 154lb

and the best 140lb, the only problem is that he didnt fight him at 140
Old 12-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #73
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

The fight between Mayweather and de la Hoya had the same importance as Cotto - Mosley...when it comes to boxing - in terms of money PBF takes it all...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #74
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict

I though it could go to Pavlik since mayweather only fought once, but now that he has beaten Hatton...its no dought that its Mayweather
jaycuban is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #75
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo
Kelly Pavlik by a mile.

KO'ing Zertuche (never been hurt before), then dispatching Miranda (when most never gave him a chance) in 6, and KTFO'ing the Man at middleweight.

that is Far greater than outrunning DLH, and having one good match against Hatton.
You mean more entertaining.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum