kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: 'Fighter of the Year' must go to Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
we're not talking about zertuche or miranda...IT'S PAVLIK OR COTTO

i think the award should go to a fighter that was an underdog, pulled through in some tough fights early in the year, faced alot of criticism and adversity, and finished big with a fight like the pavlik vs jermain fight.....

not a man who's year was just another year of boxing according to his fans......

money-yes

fighter-no
You brought them up in comparison to DLH. I was only showing you that saying DLH hadn't won big fights (which isn't true) wasn't holding much weight when compared to Zertuche and Miranda.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #122
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Mayweather, businessman of the year?

In the ring: Mayweather W 12 De La Hoya
In business: De La Hoya TKO 3 Mayweather
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #123
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
You brought them up in comparison to DLH. I was only showing you that saying DLH hadn't won big fights (which isn't true) wasn't holding much weight when compared to Zertuche and Miranda.
because they were dangerous opponents who could've easily derailed pavliks championship dreams....he truly earned his way to the top...not like floyd who didnt have ONE ****EN FIGHT AT 154, but got a shot...based on what, nothing to do with boxing that's for damn sure...it was a popularity contest...and even oscar won that one....

pavlik reminds me of what the older folks use to tell me about back in the days...fighters that really earned their way to the top.....throwback style....
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #124
Feiti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mayweather takes it. De La Hoya was much larger physically than him and Hatton should rate higher than Taylor (who had controversial wins against Hopkins).

Pavlik definitely is the one boxer who increased his status the most this year though. He comes in second.

Cotto had a great year, but both his opponents were kind of past their best, especially Judah.

Pacman also had a good year. Calzaghe too.

IŽd say Povetkin also deserves some notice, for beating two solid (albeit somewhat past it) contenders so early in his career.
Feiti is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #125
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
because they were dangerous opponents who could've easily derailed pavliks championship dreams....he truly earned his way to the top...not like floyd who didnt have ONE ****EN FIGHT AT 154, but got a shot...based on what, nothing to do with boxing that's for damn sure...it was a popularity contest...and even oscar won that one....

pavlik reminds me of what the older folks use to tell me about back in the days...fighters that really earned their way to the top.....throwback style....
Great, now if you could just respond to my post.....or not.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #126
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feiti
Mayweather takes it. De La Hoya was much larger physically than him and Hatton should rate higher than Taylor (who had controversial wins against Hopkins).

Pavlik definitely is the one boxer who increased his status the most this year though. He comes in second.

Cotto had a great year, but both his opponents were kind of past their best, especially Judah.

Pacman also had a good year. Calzaghe too.

IŽd say Povetkin also deserves some notice, for beating two solid (albeit somewhat past it) contenders so early in his career.
no way does hatton rate highter than taylor....HOW, it ain't like floyd went to hattons weight and fought him.....mayweather fought him where he has looked really bad, at 147.....floyd is reminding me of what oscar use to do...except floyd has gotten all his gift decisions, not just a couple....
Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #127
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
no way does hatton rate highter than taylor....HOW, it ain't like floyd went to hattons weight and fought him.....mayweather fought him where he has looked really bad, at 147.....floyd is reminding me of what oscar use to do...except floyd has gotten all his gift decisions, not just a couple....
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #128
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict

Is this thread still going on?

Mayweather did not overcome the adversity or win as convincingly as Pavlik or Cotto.

Mayweather "won" a controversial fight against a fighter out of his prime, and beat a guy that couldn't hang with any of the top welterweights for the welterweight title.

Ok......
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #129
Chert
Ringside Potato
ESB Addict

pavlik takes this... from relative obscurity to being p4p elite. had 3 fights this year and KO'd all three of his opponents who haven't been KO'd before. he was the underdog in all of these three fights but won them all in devastating fashion.

on the other hand, mayweather was the favorite and was expected to win his fights against de la hoya and hatton. so, why does that make him "Fighter of the Year"?
Chert is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #130
Gunns4hire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Floyd brought back Boxing so yes! If his fights weren't so big then i would say Pavlik!
Gunns4hire is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:57 PM   #131
K0NPHL1C7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
**** no...
1 controversial win against an old oscar....and a ko over hatton....

PAVLIK OR COTTO
controversial? He won that fight by a landslide.

Hell ya Fighter of the year, hands down.
K0NPHL1C7 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #132
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chert
pavlik takes this... from relative obscurity to being p4p elite. had 3 fights this year and KO'd all three of his opponents who haven't been KO'd before. he was the underdog in all of these three fights but won them all in devastating fashion.

on the other hand, mayweather was the favorite and was expected to win his fights against de la hoya and hatton. so, why does that make him "Fighter of the Year"?

notice how the floydtoys wont even dare to mention another fighter.....their love for that man scares me

maybe he's everything they ever wanted to be....

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum