Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #16
Kraik
Might is Right
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London
Posts: 46
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxing gear for new boxer

I'm looking to get some bag gloves, what do you think of these?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Apologies for hijacking the thread.
Kraik is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #17
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,971
vCash: 238
Default Re: Boxing gear for new boxer

Wouldn't go for anything expensive at first. Have a feel with some cheap gear. Wear that out and then go onto some quality stuff.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #18
robin_nerf
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing gear for new boxer

Maybe you right...i started looking a little and found the brand RDX.
Maybe this could be something ?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"RDX 16oz Leather Gel Boxing Gloves Fight,Punch Bag MMA"
robin_nerf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
Kraik
Might is Right
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London
Posts: 46
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxing gear for new boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Wouldn't go for anything expensive at first. Have a feel with some cheap gear. Wear that out and then go onto some quality stuff.
I already have their sparring gloves, which were relatively pricey, so I don't mind splashing out the cash.
Kraik is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #20
robin_nerf
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing gear for new boxer

Thinking of getting Rival's Ultra RB1 bag gloves instead of the Elite RB20 since i think i will have problems with the double velcro if i train alone. (wonder what size will fit my normal hand).

Is it possible to use this glove as a light-sparring glove ?
robin_nerf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
Spooner21
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing gear for new boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin_nerf View Post
Thinking of getting Rival's Ultra RB1 bag gloves instead of the Elite RB20 since i think i will have problems with the double velcro if i train alone. (wonder what size will fit my normal hand).

Is it possible to use this glove as a light-sparring glove ?
im actually thinking of buying a pair of 12oz rb1's off rivals site once they get some in stock. im using a 10oz rb20 right now and its held up very well the past year and a half. but they will need replacing soon tho as the padding on the knuckles is thinning out. and i should have gotten a little bigger glove in the first place as they're a little too small. i just want to try the rb1's just to mix things up a bit. but i love my rb20's. have held together real well and they only have a couple small tears on the lining on the inside. and believe me, the double velcro strap is really easy to do up by yourself. if you're at the gym for sparring i doubt any coaches would let you use bag gloves. id get some seperate
Spooner21 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #22
CHAL_DIESEL
GOAT
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia/Newport News VA
Posts: 1,194
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxing gear for new boxer

Hey Robin boxingdiscount.com has these rival boxing shoes for $35.00 while title boxing has them for $75 they are great boxing shoes I have them and fought in them twice and sparred many rounds in them. They are awesome.
CHAL_DIESEL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #23
robin_nerf
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing gear for new boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner21 View Post
im actually thinking of buying a pair of 12oz rb1's off rivals site once they get some in stock. im using a 10oz rb20 right now and its held up very well the past year and a half. but they will need replacing soon tho as the padding on the knuckles is thinning out. and i should have gotten a little bigger glove in the first place as they're a little too small. i just want to try the rb1's just to mix things up a bit. but i love my rb20's. have held together real well and they only have a couple small tears on the lining on the inside. and believe me, the double velcro strap is really easy to do up by yourself. if you're at the gym for sparring i doubt any coaches would let you use bag gloves. id get some seperate
Thank you!
Are you using 180 handwraps to ? (Handwrap+gloves)

I think i will get a pair of 12oz as well of the Rb1.
I think that will fit my normal hand quite good.
robin_nerf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #24
Spooner21
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing gear for new boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin_nerf View Post
Thank you!
Are you using 180 handwraps to ? (Handwrap+gloves)

I think i will get a pair of 12oz as well of the Rb1.
I think that will fit my normal hand quite good.
yep, i just bought some a little while ago off rival. 180" mexican style and they fit great underneath my 10oz.
Spooner21 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:29 AM   #25
robin_nerf
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing gear for new boxer

Thanks spooner!

Besides the bag gloves for hitting the heavy bag, what gloves should be fine for training with partner, i dont mean sparring (i know sparring gloves are used for this), i mean hitting each other gloves or mitts ?
robin_nerf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013