Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #31
scott is cool
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by delwin
hatton got hurt aginst urango. hatton sucks all he did was trying to hug mayweaterall night long. cotto would destroy hatton i mean like **** him up real bad!!!
Urango never wobbled Hatton he hurt him a bit, but that happens most fights. I disagree that Cotto would beat Hatton, but you are entitled to your opinion, because this is the whole point of this site, to express opinions.
scott is cool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #32
Gio Rez
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: S. Sacramento
Posts: 54
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott is cool
zab does not hit as hard as PBF, nowhere near in fact.
yes he does man.
Ur just upset because Floyd chin checked your boy and your still trying to hype his stock.

Floyds power looks much more devastating because of its precision. He generally lands when opponents dont see it coming.
Zab has more raw power and explosiveness
Gio Rez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #33
Ashy Knucks
Prize Fighter
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 234
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott is cool
Urango never wobbled Hatton he hurt him a bit, but that happens most fights. I disagree that Cotto would beat Hatton, but you are entitled to your opinion, because this is the whole point of this site, to express opinions.
Cotto would merk Hatton.. Hatton found Floyd strong and big in presence.. Cotto would be too much at 147..
Ashy Knucks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #34
Gio Rez
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: S. Sacramento
Posts: 54
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashy Knucks
Cotto would merk Hatton.. Hatton found Floyd strong and big in presence.. Cotto would be too much at 147..
Very true. Cotto is a huge WW. Im sure he would man handle Hatton pretty easily.
Gio Rez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #35
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott is cool
zab does not hit as hard as PBF, nowhere near in fact.
Zab hits harder than Mayweather...don't kid yourself
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #36
bloomstomb
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 280
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
YES. Cotto is a special fighter.
If Cotto's last fight showed anything it would be how ordinary Cotto realy is.
bloomstomb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #37
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomstomb
If Cotto's last fight showed anything it would be how ordinary Cotto realy is.
There was nothing ORDINARY about Cotto or Mosley that night. In fact, both of them showed how they were true world class elite fighters.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #38
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
There was nothing ORDINARY about Cotto or Mosley that night. In fact, both of them showed how they were true world class elite fighters.
Agreed. If anything it showed just how good Shane Mosley really is. Such a gifted and rounded fighter, at 147 i think he would have been an absolute handful for anyone.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #39
James
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 88
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_RapPBF
I've only seen him beat Judah and exposing his poor defense, and a really old Sugar Shane barely. I need to see more before I make any ATG talk.
How many topless pics you got of Floyd, ****boy?
James is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #40
Slicknick56
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 734
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphenyceo
cotto has a better jab than DLH??
did DLH use his jab?

a bitch cuold have the best pair of titties in the world, whats the point in having them if we cant see them?
Slicknick56 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #41
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Yeah, he's likely never to reach Duran's status. Perhaps he can reach the greatness of Chavez though, but even then, it's way too early to say.
I think that he can reach the status of all of the fighters you have mentioned potentially. He is extremely fortunate because he is fighting in an era with an abundance of talent. The fact that the Mayweather fight is sitting right at his feet says it all. A victory over Floyd, Williams, Marg, Cintron, Berto, Oscar, and then any talent from the surrounding division as well would surely secure his legacy without doubt. He is only 27 now, and during the past 2 years has fought 3 times each year. Meaning he could potentially have 9 more fights before even the age of 30. He is in a GREAT position IMO to forge a legacy, and has all the right opponents to do so. All he needs to do is beat them --- Whilst great fighters like Jones, Calzaghe, Hopkins ect have wasted away in divisions devoid of talent, Miguel is fighting in a division that is supremely rich in p4p talent.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #42
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,446
vCash: 115
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknick56
a bitch cuold have the best pair of titties in the world, whats the point in having them if we cant see them?
HHMMMM.... GOOD POINT!
dodong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:06 PM   #43
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 31,438
vCash: 372
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Why not?, he has power, stamina, decent speed and heart. Only 2 negatives are his chin and defense which can be improved if the defense is worked on.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #44
JAM Killer
Coming Through.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 638
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Yes and no. Yes, because of his skills, but no because he is not the best in the division, and he is running out of time. I thought Shane Mosley won, and I think that Mayweather and Williams should be favored over him. Cannot be much of an ATG without being champion. So my answer is yes and no.
JAM Killer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #45
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,865
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Cotto have what it takes to become an ATG?..

Well he's elite for sure, but only time will tell if he will be an ATG. He has the mentality to be. I would like to see him against Mayweather, Margo, Williams and Clottey.
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013