Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #16
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,259
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Pavlik is my choice for fighter of the year, but overcoming adversity or being an underdog isn't why. A fighter shouldn't be penalized because people already think he's really good and will win. Likewise, I don't give a fighter extra credit because people may underrate him before hand.

I give it Pavlik simply because I liked his achievements better. A KO of a tough fringe contender, a KO over a top MW contender, and a KO over the recognized middleweight champ. Mayweather's year was very good too, but not quite as good IMO.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #17
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA
2007

Floyd
SD over a shot ATG titlist from 1 division up
Domination and KO over an undisputed champ from 1 division down

Pavlik
KO over a top 15 contender (only man to ever KO him)
KO over a top 3 contender (only man to ever KO him)
KO over the undefeated unisputed champion in a close fight

Cotto
KO over a top10 fighter
close UD over a past prime ATG
Judah top 10
planetzion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #18
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,688
vCash: 138
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capfunds
According to all of his fans, and when you look into the realtiy of the situation, he never truly overcame adversity.

He "won" a questionable fight against Oscar in which neither fighter was hurt, but Floyd was on the defensive for almost the entirety of the fight, but unable to get off his right hand, save for a few moments, thereby making his punches void of power.

Then he won against a guy that everybody knew he was going to win against, regardless of who they wanted to win, and a guy that couldn't hang with any of the top guys at 147.

Not to mention it was a guy who hasn't faced a pure boxer in years.

Think about it though, who could Hatton beat at 147?

Cotto, Williams, Mosley, Margarito, Clottey, and Cintron would all likely beat him.

Margarito is too big and too strong, Mosley and Cotto would likely outbox him, he wouldn't be able to touch Williams, Cintron would tag him coming in as Ricky comes straight in, and Clottey would beat him at his own game.

So, essentially Floyd beat the easiest possible opponent. An opponent who had negligable experience against boxers, doesn't use the jab, comes in straight foward, and has a 6 inch reach disadvantage.

Yet, Floyd deserves to be fighter of the year?

If you look at Pavlik and Cotto, they both overcame adversity and were both underdogs going into their fights, and WON, convincingly, especially in Pavlik's case.

And those of you that are going to cry about how Cotto didn't beat Mosley; Mosley himself admitted that Cotto beat him.

Deal with it.
Kinda funny except for the fact you picked Hatton to win and made a thread about it. I could really make you look bad here by bumping that very thread and the other dumbass comments as well you should stop now before I do it. Boy you loved to be owned on ESB. First Fraudarito now this...you're to easy. I and others told you that the reach difference would be a factor and the stylistc advantage PBF had as well but you had your anti-PBF agenda to push and wouldn't be stopped. Next time listen to people who actually know what they are talking about.
Pimp C is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #19
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: It's Like I'm a Movie Star
Posts: 22,948
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Kinda funny except for the fact you picked Hatton to win and made a thread about it. I could really make you look bad here by bumping that very thread and the other dumbass comments as well you should stop now before I do it. Boy you loved to be owned on ESB. First Fraudarito now this...you're to easy. I and others told you that the reach difference would be a factor and the stylistc advantage PBF had as well but you had your anti-PBF agenda to push and wouldn't be stopped. Next time listen to people who actually know what they are talking about.

You should bump it. He's going to edit it now. Just like freddy does when someone points that out.
eze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #20
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
A few things. It doesn't matter if Ricky was #1 at 147. He was number the MAN at 140. I don't see anyone complaining about when Hagler opted to fight Sugar Ray Leonard at 160. I dont see ANYONE complaining to Hagler when he fought Hearns at 160 and made him come up. The champions of a weight class up or below fight it each other. It was a fight that people wanted. Who else did you want him to fight? Cotto didn't beat Mosley yet. Margo lost. Paul Williams is green and went after Cintron after his fight with Margo was over.


So if Floyd like you say gets no credit for Hatton. Hagler deserves 0 credit for taking on Hearns. And BTW - Hatton came in at 154. The EXACT weight he weighs for 140 fights. And Floyd was his exact weight he would weigh for a 140 fight. So basically, it took place for the Welterweight championship even though they both weighed in like 140lbers.
Okay, bla bla bla, bullshit bullshit bullshit.

That's all I got from you in this post.

SRL and Hearns were a threat to anyone at middleweight, so this entirely discredits your entire arguement.

Again, what top welters could Ricky Hatton beat?
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #21
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: It's Like I'm a Movie Star
Posts: 22,948
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capfunds
Okay, bla bla bla, bullshit bullshit bullshit.

That's all I got from you in this post.

SRL and Hearns were a threat to anyone at middleweight, so this entirely discredits your entire arguement.

Again, what top welters could Ricky Hatton beat?

Obviously he was a threat to Floyd. You picked him to beat Floyd.
eze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #22
scott is cool
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Because PBF is the greatest fighter since Sugar Ray, thats why.
scott is cool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #23
Lacyace
Forever Knight
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Don't know.
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 200
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Because he beat the best fighter at 154 and 140.
Lacyace is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #24
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,688
vCash: 138
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
You should bump it. He's going to edit it now. Just like freddy does when someone points that out.
Done for the world to see. This guy doesn't have a clue and has an agenda he can't be taken seriously.
Pimp C is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:04 PM   #25
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,688
vCash: 138
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Obviously he was a threat to Floyd. You picked him to beat Floyd.
Pimp C is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:04 PM   #26
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: It's Like I'm a Movie Star
Posts: 22,948
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capfunds
There is only so much disrespect a man can take.

Floyd pushed it too far. With all that, who the **** is Ricky Hatton, he's nothing but a dwarf faggot, etc.

There is a difference between saying, I think I'm going to win because I'm the better fighter and just completely disrespecting your opponent.

Floyd's bitch ass is just gonna run anyway.

And as I could see at the press conference, there is NO FEAR in RICKY'S eyes. He will PUNISH FLOYD. He is prepared to go to war and DIE! That's more than I could ever say about Floyd.

What topped it off for me is the Tyson remark though.

Ya'll Floyd suckers are dissing Tyson now? TYSON?????

Tyson was a REAL FIGHTER. He might have talked, but he WALKED. He came there to FIGHT! He didn't come there to run!

Floyd talkin all that shit against Oscar, yet did nothing but run and hide in the corner.

But ya'll that disrespect Tyson are pathetic. Ya'll aren't even fight fans. Boxing is better off without Floyd.

I don't even really give a **** about Hatton. I don't like his style either. Shit, he was even holding against Castillo a little too much before he got to him, but I think he's gonna **** Floyd up.

You don't disprespect people that hard and not expect them to wanna kill your ass. *In the ring.

****ING OWNED!
eze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #27
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Kinda funny except for the fact you picked Hatton to win and made a thread about it. I could really make you look bad here by bumping that very thread and the other dumbass comments as well you should stop now before I do it. Boy you loved to be owned on ESB. First Fraudarito now this...you're to easy. I and others told you that the reach difference would be a factor and the stylistc advantage PBF had as well but you had your anti-PBF agenda to push and wouldn't be stopped. Next time listen to people who actually know what they are talking about.
Bump it, but before you bump that, bump all the threads I made before and after that, BEFORE THE FIGHT, where I said that Ricky couldn't beat any top welterweights.

And yeah, I did make a thread about how I changed my opinion and how I wanted Hatton to win.

And by the way, you know shit about styles.

Your dumbass can't even determine the difference between Cotto and Hatton, arguing that it would be the same fight.

In fact, I remember talking boxing about you way back in the day about why Margarito would beat Floyd, and all you could say is......."uhh, he's faster."

So don't act like you didn't aquire most of your informations from me and other posters and try to discredit my knowledge. I knew Hatton would lose.

The guy I workout with actually bet he would lose in the 10th round and won $500. So don't act like you told me something I didn't already know.

You think I'm gonna learn something off this forum that I haven't or can't learn from him?

Not gonna happen.

Point is, Hatton and boxers don't mix.

Hatton didn't do anything right, and he hadn't fought any competition worth mentioning that has ANYTHING to do with Floyd's style.

It was a cherry picked opponent, but the that's not even the point of this thread anyway.........the point is.........FLOYD DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE FIGHTER OF THE YEAR.

Reason, and CONTROVERSIAL WIN and an OPPONENT that can't beat ANY TOP WELTERS for the WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP.

If he deserves to be fighter of the year, why was Hatton so ****in easy? You said it would be an easy fight before it even started, so you just discredited yourself.

If you think he deserves to be fighter of the year based off of this performance, than it's YOU that doesn't know boxing.

Would he look that good against Cotto, Mosley, Williams, or Margarito?

Hell NO.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #28
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,688
vCash: 138
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
****ING OWNED!
Good work! This is great!
Pimp C is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #29
Ziggy Montana
The Butcher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,805
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Methink capfunds' about to blow a gasket.
Ziggy Montana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #30
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Floyd fighter of the year when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
****ING OWNED!
I did say that because I wanted Hatton to win because Floyd was taking another easy way out. If you wanted to be a bitch about things and dig up threads, why don't you dig up my post after post after post about how Ricky couldn't beat any legit welterweights and Floyd chrerrypicked him.

Oh yeah........

You're dumbass knows nothing about boxing.

You're just one of those kids that hangs from Floyd's nuts.

You probably think that Cotto would be the same outcome as the Hatton fight.

Yet, you still can't answer a simple question.

Last edited by Ring Master; 11-04-2006 at 01:32 PM.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013