Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #31
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundine cant be serious

So let me get this straight. Cotto won't take a paycut and come out to a boxing backwater and fight a complete nobody. Yeah Anthony he's ducking you alright.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #32
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
So let me get this straight. Cotto won't take a paycut and come out to a boxing backwater and fight a complete nobody. Yeah Anthony he's ducking you alright.
Very fair comment, obviously pure spin from Choc, however ........ Is that not what hypes fights, puts boxing in the papers, makes money, and is boxing? Is that not what all boxers do? Yes Mundine, green etc are massive shit talkers.... But, that sadly is the game
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 06:15 AM   #33
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Linda Lovelace wouldn't swallow that shit.!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 AM   #34
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

for Cotto that is under payed. he will need to offer more money.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #35
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
Very fair comment, obviously pure spin from Choc, however ........ Is that not what hypes fights, puts boxing in the papers, makes money, and is boxing? Is that not what all boxers do? Yes Mundine, green etc are massive shit talkers.... But, that sadly is the game
Yes IF you actually fight top fighters but Anthony just talks like Mayweather / Ali and fights bums. He has always talked the talk but hasn't walked the walk.

HE IS A COMPLETE NOBODY IN THE WORLD OF BOXING.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #36
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Yes IF you actually fight top fighters but Anthony just talks like Mayweather / Ali and fights bums. He has always talked the talk but hasn't walked the walk.

HE IS A COMPLETE NOBODY IN THE WORLD OF BOXING.
Fair call. I would have to agree, though I am sure with Mundine (and most boxers) there is a mixed bag of bullshit and truth, and lots behind the scenes in negotiating and attempting to secure fights that we don't see. At the end of the day most management teams try to secure the most money for the least risk, and talk shit to keep the media interest and pay the bills.
Not saying it's right at all! Choc is certainly not alone though, a few other locals spring to mind, and unfortunately some of our best that don't play that game, will never get major backing and money... SHAME
Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #37
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Such a **** tard lying piece of shit
Assuming for minute he did actually offer Cotto $2Mil and Mosely $1.5Mil. Why not then part with less than half a $Mil and get a crack at Trout's WBA title at home in Sydney?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #38
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Assuming for minute he did actually offer Cotto $2Mil and Mosely $1.5Mil. Why not then part with less than half a $Mil and get a crack at Trout's WBA title at home in Sydney?
Good point, such a shame that he didnt, but from what I hear alot of it is really up to Khodar, and getting the best deal.
Trout only got paid $80 000 for his fight against lopez, Word is they originally offered around 100k mark, trout wanted more, offered $160k or similar (dbl his last fight) Trout agreed, then after finding out the sort of money choc would pull, changed his mind and wanted over $400k and an option. Khodar is a very stubborn and shrewd man, and after the deal came back changed then that was that, deal off, and attempt to force the mandatory route, win the purse bid and have an easier negotiation.

Not saying it's right, but that is what i have heard, always too sides to a story , and lots of politics and ego's in boxing, it's unfortunate
Old 09-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #39
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
Good point, such a shame that he didnt, but from what I hear alot of it is really up to Khodar, and getting the best deal.
Trout only got paid $80 000 for his fight against lopez, Word is they originally offered around 100k mark, trout wanted more, offered $160k or similar (dbl his last fight) Trout agreed, then after finding out the sort of money choc would pull, changed his mind and wanted over $400k and an option. Khodar is a very stubborn and shrewd man, and after the deal came back changed then that was that, deal off, and attempt to force the mandatory route, win the purse bid and have an easier negotiation.

Not saying it's right, but that is what i have heard, always too sides to a story , and lots of politics and ego's in boxing, it's unfortunate
I can't see what's wrong with $400k and an option for a home title fight. Cotto would definately have demanded an option so that's hardly a reason either.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #40
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

The interviewers line of questioning wasn't that conversational, so it was a pretty bland interview.

As far as offering Cotto and Mosley those numbers, from his perspective are probably the most he can offer as financially I don't think the fight's would bring in mega dollars for him, compared to say a Green rematch.

Only boxing diehards know Miguel Cotto and maybe casual fans who follow Pacquiao cause they fought.

The Alvarez fight should be interesting and all the other stuff in the interview was largely said to generate the publicity for the fight, so the interview was a smart move on his part.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #41
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

just go straight for mayweather then.

i want to see floyd vs mundine just for the trash talking in the lead up to it. when they enter the ring they can just announce mayweather the winner to save mundine from being killed.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #42
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Sick of talking about this nonsense with regards to Anthony Mundine. It's getting old, VERY OLD. About 5 yrs old now.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #43
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettingman View Post
No buddy that is serious question. How you know he lying?
his mouth was moving
stewy is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #44
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

so Cotto is getting $5million is he? thats alot of money

anyhow, Mundine just says this to build interest. Been doing it for 11 years now. If you cant see past that by now then you a sucker...

But really, Mundine still got KOed by a 9-1 Garth Wood less than 12 months ago.

Milking the cart. But boxers be boxers. They still think they are invincible
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #45
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

lol and just watched Mundine on FOX sports. That one will fire up the haters, as shown by the comments on Fox Sports website.

Mundine is pushing it up hill nowadays, but still, fact is he beat both Green and Geale. People say they would beat him this and that. But Mundine still beat them fair and square.

And dont give me all this stuff about the Geale fight. Look it was a close fight now I watched it. You may have been able to give it to Geale, but if so then Mundine would have been robbed. This happens in boxing, close calls. But a Mundine decision was fair. Geale was not bitching about it after the fight, he knew that.
Lead Right is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum