Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #31
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green, Geale are monkeys: Mundine

Yeah I agree with everything you say there. It is what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Gav, it has been many years since Mundine was actually "too much risk vs reward" for the top fighters at SMW or MW.

The likes of Cotto, Pavlik, wouldn't have even known who he was, same for Cotto, Margo, Pacman, Floyd now.

Him losing to Wood killed his value here in Australia because the circus finally ground to a halt and he realised the last of the Aussie punters he had fooled had finally seen through his act.

His value overseas has never been high because he's never ventured overseas to create a profile for himself.
Lead Right is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #32
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

He wont go to USA because of comments he made post 9/11, the media would bash him hard and he knows it, the interview he did would be replayed and he would not be accepted very well in USA. I personally dont think he will EVER fight in america unless of course Phil Austin wants to give him a free shot at the IBO title against someone who normally fights a few divisions below what Mundine is fighting at.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #33
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
He wont go to USA because of comments he made post 9/11, the media would bash him hard and he knows it, the interview he did would be replayed and he would not be accepted very well in USA. I personally dont think he will EVER fight in america unless of course Phil Austin wants to give him a free shot at the IBO title against someone who normally fights a few divisions below what Mundine is fighting at.
Agree totally with you on that one
swilson120 is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #34
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
He wont go to USA because of comments he made post 9/11, the media would bash him hard and he knows it, the interview he did would be replayed and he would not be accepted very well in USA. I personally dont think he will EVER fight in america
Totally agree. Its a PR nightmare and Khoder knows it. Its amazing how one little slip of the tongue could have such a huge impact on his career. Had he not said those brief words, who know how his career may have panned out with opportunities in USA looming. If I recall correctly one of the sanctioning bodies even refused to let Mundine fight for their title...
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #35
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

He said that dumb shit so he would have an excuse for never fighting in the US
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #36
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
Totally agree. Its a PR nightmare and Khoder knows it. Its amazing how one little slip of the tongue could have such a huge impact on his career. Had he not said those brief words, who know how his career may have panned out with opportunities in USA looming. If I recall correctly one of the sanctioning bodies even refused to let Mundine fight for their title...
WBC. The Ottke fight was already set so the IBF couldn't do anything about that fight.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #37
bettingman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
He said that dumb shit so he would have an excuse for never fighting in the US
It was not a dumb thing to say. I would agree with what he said and so would any reasonable educated person as compared to uneducated person such as yourself. It was purely a media beat up.

Let me refresh your memory. In summary he said something to the gist of "knowing how the Americans have treated muslims in the past, I would understand why the terrorists would react the way they did". There is nothing controversial, racist or anti-american regarding that statement.
bettingman is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #38
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

it smacks of ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any educated person would pull their head in, imo.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #39
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettingman View Post
It was not a dumb thing to say. I would agree with what he said and so would any reasonable educated person as compared to uneducated person such as yourself. It was purely a media beat up.

Let me refresh your memory. In summary he said something to the gist of "knowing how the Americans have treated muslims in the past, I would understand why the terrorists would react the way they did". There is nothing controversial, racist or anti-american regarding that statement.
The timing was atrocious though.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #40
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:

Whether you agree with what Mandy said or not, it was a very very dumb thing to blurt out to the media.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #41
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:

Here is what he said.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
HE very nearly lost his shot with the IBF bet he wishes he did now. Not that controversial if you said it now but right after an act that killed 3000 innocent people c,mon man.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #42
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

This is what he actually said....and it was a dumb thing to say

"It's not about terrorism, it's about fighting for God's laws and America's brought it upon themselves for what they've done,"

Kinda up there with someone telling a Dad who backed over his kid with a 4 wheel Drive.... "It's your own fault for living in the city and owning a 4 wheel Drive"

And you musta been swallowing way too much of Mundine's spoof (You need to spit...not swallow)...to even use the word "educated" in the same post as Mundine's name
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #43
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Let me refresh your memory actually, the comments weren't the gist of what you stated above, they were -

ďThey call it an act of terrorism, but if you can understand religion, and our way of life, itís not about terrorism. Itís about fighting for Godís law, and Americaís brought it upon themselves."

What the **** isn't controversial, or more to the point, stupid about that statement? What isn't anti-American about that?

I'd consider myself a reasonably educated person and I take this a completely dumb thing to say as you so put it before. I would think there'd be more people taking that position than yours were you thought it was well justified.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #44
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
Let me refresh your memory actually, the comments weren't the gist of what you stated above, they were -

ďThey call it an act of terrorism, but if you can understand religion, and our way of life, itís not about terrorism. Itís about fighting for Godís law, and Americaís brought it upon themselves."

What the **** isn't controversial, or more to the point, stupid about that statement? What isn't anti-American about that?

I'd consider myself a reasonably educated person and I take this a completely dumb thing to say as you so put it before. I would think there'd be more people taking that position than yours were you thought it was well justified.
Why don't you go and dig up the complete verbatim answer to the leading question the journalist asked? Talk about taking the pieces you want to make your point you stupid piece of shit. Do you know about all the ****ed up things the USA has done in the past? Go jump into the nearest empty swimming pool - head first preferrably.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #45
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=donkeyking;10855066]Why don't you go and dig up the complete verbatim answer to the leading question the journalist asked? Talk about taking the pieces you want to make your point you stupid piece of shit. Do you know about all the ****ed up things the USA has done in the past? Go jump into the nearest empty swimming pool - head first preferrably.[/quote]

You've obviously tried it already.....Doen't seem to have helped you much......................

Might I suggest...... Try the deep end (with no water) next time.
oztriker is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum