Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655
Default Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute because...

JENNA: Carl, a lot of people talk about whatís next for the Super Six winner. Obviously it hasnít happened yet and you donít like to look ahead. You as a fighter, after you get out of this tournament are you going to be looking for another tough fight with a Lucian Bute or a Mikkel Kessler, or do you think like Andre Ward that maybe after such a tough tournament they should have an easier fight coming out of it?

FROCH: Well if Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute because that wouldnít be a tough fight, would it now? It would be an easy fight! Maybe Kessler, that would be a tough fight. Bernard Hopkins, that would be a tough fight. A rematch with Pascal, that would also be a tough fight and a good fight. Those sort of names are probably at the top of the list: Kessler, Hopkins, Bute in that order. The Super Six champion canít fight all of these people. So the runner-up in the Super Six tournament, the guy who finishes in second place, which as far as Iím concerned is going to be Andre Ward, theyíre going to have to fight one or two of the other names as well. So itís interesting, and there are plenty of options for the winner and the loser of the Super Six tournament.

JENNA: Carl do you expect Mikkel Kessler to have any trouble in his November 5 fight against Robert Stieglitz?

FROCH: No, not at all to answer your question.

CIANI: You mentioned a moment ago how there are going to be a lot of options out there. For you as a fighter, how exciting is that to know that even after this big event like the Super Six when it finally does end, you mentioned Hopkins, thereís Bute, thereís Kessleróhow does it feel to be in a division where there is that abundance of talent where you can prove yourself against these other great fighters?

FROCH: Itís like the norm. Itís normality. Iíve been in this tournament for the last two years and Iíve fight after fight after fight against top level opposition. For me to come out of this tournament and still be involved with top level opposition is just normal to me. There is nothing exciting or different about it. Itís just how my career is. Look at my last six fights. Theyíve all been top level elite opposition that Iím fighting. There has been no steady warm-ups, or easy defenses, or interim fights. Itís been tough. Thereís been Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell the Olympic Bronze Medalist, then thereís been Kessler, then Abraham, then Johnson the veteran, and now Iíve got Ward the Gold Medalist. So fight after fight after fight Iím involved in these tough fights. Itís just normal for me. After this tournament Iíll have a few top level fights. I wouldnít have it any other way. I canít motivated to fight journeymen from hell who come in and just try to survive, hold, and keep away, especially at this stage in my career. Iíve fought for the WBC title now six or seven times. Iíve lost it and won it back in style. Iím enjoying myself. For me to just now fight somebody just for the sake of fighting them for an easy win, that wonít motivate me. Iíll probably end up struggling against somebody thatís low level because I probably wouldnít take the training as seriously as I should. This is where Iím at. Every time I fight Iím in physical peak performance because I need to be, because Iíve locked position.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2011, 05:10 AM   #2
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5250
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

I like Carl, but I'm certain it would be one of the hardest fights he would ever be in and quite frankly I favour Bute stylewise.
Robney is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:14 AM   #3
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post

I like Carl, but I'm certain it would be one of the hardest fights he would ever be in and quite frankly I favour Bute stylewise.
Froch is ALWAYS an extremely entertaining interview.

How he comes up with some of this stuff is just gold!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #4
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Can't wait for Ward to end the Froch hype.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:31 AM   #5
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Bute has the skills but hasn't proved he has the tools at world level. I don't question his ability but am not convinced he toughness required.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:33 AM   #6
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Harsh to call Froch hype. Afterall he has delivered us boxing fans some fun times and calling him hype detracts from Wards props if he does beat him.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #7
silly_illy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Froch's Interviews are as entertaining as his Fights!
silly_illy is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:35 AM   #8
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
i wasnt aware that fighting the best on a regular basis and winning was hype...
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:37 AM   #9
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa huge bitch View Post
i wasnt aware that fighting the best on a regular basis and winning was hype...
Thats what i was thinking.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:41 AM   #10
Sweet EP
Jab & Move Baby!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
What a rediculous comment.
Sweet EP is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #11
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet EP View Post
What a rediculous comment.
What ridiculous spelling.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #12
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Oh well... Bute said something about Froch rant once:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Look at his expression when he talks about Froch.
I think Froch the only fighter Bute truly hates.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 06:00 AM   #13
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Froch and Ward ducking Bute it seems.
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #14
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
Froch and Ward ducking Bute it seems.
Well for one Bute is unproven and untill Bute prove himself, he'll fight more unproven fighters because their legit... and the other Bute is just to easy so he want's only TOUGH fights, because he saw Bute some many times he doesn't even Knows to pronounce his name right , witch actually indicates he might have never seen him, unless he watches Boxing on Tv without sound.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #15
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
Well for one Bute is unproven and untill Bute prove himself, he'll fight more unproven fighters because their legit... and the other Bute is just to easy so he want's only TOUGH fights, because he saw Bute some many times he doesn't even Knows to pronounce his name right , witch actually indicates he might have never seen him, unless he watches Boxing on Tv without sound.
One time we had Froch on right after Bute fought I believe Brinkley.

We asked Froch about Bute's performance and he said he didn't watch the fight and mentioned he'd rather watch Desperate Housewives or something!

I can't say for sure, but my guess is he knows how to properly pronounce the name and has seen him fight plenty.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum