Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #31
Sidious
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Naboo
Posts: 789
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
FROCH: Well if Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute because that wouldnít be a tough fight, would it now? It would be an easy fight!
he has a point,it would be an easy fight...but for bute not for him.he wants a tough fight where he has a chance and that's not with bute,maybe a 46 years old gradpa would do the trick.if johnson is old,like he said,then how would he describe hopkins,ancient?
Sidious is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #32
Ncc84
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 794
vCash: 160
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Can't wait for Ward to end the Froch hype.
I think froch has justified the hype with his last 6 fights
Ncc84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #33
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I don't know why fans dislike certain fighters because they aren't that good. That doesn't even enter the equation as a fan, I don't think. The most important thing is entertainment, and Froch delivers that on two fronts. One, because he's willing to fight anyone and give the fans the absolute best he's got and two, because when he does fight, he leaves it all on the line. How many people can you say that about in boxing? Seriously, there isn't many. Froch is a genuine warrior.

I think he's underrated technically but who cares if he is shit or not? Why would that affect anyones opinion on him as a fighter?

Aside from all that, people have been shitting on Froch since before the Reid fight, constantly predicting losses. If there is anyone who is underhyped, it's Froch....except in his own head
You may not be specifically referring to me, but, I never said I disliked him because he isnít good. I said I just donít rate his skill-set. Thatís all. I mean, Glen Johnson and Michael Katsidis are willing to fight anyone and lay it all on the line, too. But does that mean I have to rate them highly as boxers? Of course not. Admiring their attitude isnít the be-all and end-all of judging a fighter.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #34
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maida Vale, London.
Posts: 1,042
vCash: 192
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
It's pretty darn obvious now, Froch is ducking because he'd be expected to win against Bute, but in actuality Bute has the potential to beat him badly. I mean if he is as bad as you claim he is, go fight him, get some good money, KO him easily and expose him at the same time. And also it's not like anyone would say he's picking on easy targets either. Most people want to see the fight
How the **** is he ducking Bute when he has been contractually tied to the Super Six for over two years?

Log-off Noob.
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:18 AM   #35
Lacyace
Forever Knight
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Don't know.
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 200
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

wowzers
Lacyace is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:20 AM   #36
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,743
vCash: 277
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedDesign View Post
How the **** is he ducking Bute when he has been contractually tied to the Super Six for over two years?

Log-off Noob.
I'm talking about after the super six.
Cafe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #37
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,913
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

the fragile glass jaw of ward is going to be destroyed
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #38
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
You may not be specifically referring to me, but, I never said I disliked him because he isnít good. I said I just donít rate his skill-set. Thatís all. I mean, Glen Johnson and Michael Katsidis are willing to fight anyone and lay it all on the line, too. But does that mean I have to rate them highly as boxers? Of course not. Admiring their attitude isnít the be-all and end-all of judging a fighter.
The above is very true accounting for personal preferences and all that and the fact that boxing isn't just about skill set.. Froch is a proven warrior which is something the likes of ward has yet to achieve.

Do you still stand by your word that he is a hypejob?
dendy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #39
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
The above is very true accounting for personal preferences and all that and the fact that boxing isn't just about skill set.. Froch is a proven warrior which is something the likes of ward has yet to achieve.

Do you still stand by your word that he is a hypejob?
Froch may well be more of a "warrior" than Ward, but that doesn't make him a better fighter. And Just to make it clear, I'm not saying he's a "hypejob". He's been in and won too many solid fights for someone to call him that. I just think he gets a tad bit overrated. That's all. And I can't wait for Ward - who's young himself and will eventually go on to justify his hype - prove this when they meet in December.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #40
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 2100
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

I'm pretty sure Froch will want the biggest possible payday after the super 6. $$ will decide who he'll face. In order to face Hopkins, he would need to fight on HBO. Is it possible? I'm not sure. A Kessler rematch could generate good money in Europe but would Showtime go for that one when they spent 6 millions on 3 Bute fights?

So it may be Europe money vs North Ameraica money. Who will win?

That scenario counts only if Froch wins and it's not a done deal. In fact, I expect him to lose. He was impressive against Abraham but not against Johnson. Ward has noticed that, believe me. Froch doesn't react very well when he's pressured.

If Ward wins the super 6, he'll target Hopkins or Bute. These are his 2 best financial options. Kessler is also a possibility.

So we just don't know!
laffie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #41
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LDN
Posts: 4,551
vCash: 2000
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Can't wait for Ward to end the Froch hype.
If either of these guys is hype its Ward
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #42
MJK
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,345
vCash: 315
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Wonder what that means?
In a way a "easy" opponent like Bute that brings money and a belt would mean a must for a fighter. But now Froch add that he dont want to take easy fights... So does it means he doesnt want to fight Bute?

I like Froch, but his interviews are so full of shit that we just dont know what he means.
MJK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #43
HooliganCentral
England Boys.Always First
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
Bute has the skills but hasn't proved he has the tools at world level. I don't question his ability but am not convinced he toughness required.
^^ This

Ditto Andre Dirrell
HooliganCentral is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #44
HooliganCentral
England Boys.Always First
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
You may not be specifically referring to me, but, I never said I disliked him because he isn’t good. I said I just don’t rate his skill-set. That’s all. I mean, Glen Johnson and Michael Katsidis are willing to fight anyone and lay it all on the line, too. But does that mean I have to rate them highly as boxers? Of course not. Admiring their attitude isn’t the be-all and end-all of judging a fighter.
'Skill sets' is only ONE aspect of world level pro boxing. If a fighter is glaringly deficient in a different important area, he will not have great success no matter if his 'skill set' is the best in the world.

The two boxers with the best skill sets in the Super Six were Andre Dirrell and Jermain Taylor, and yet neither even made the semi-finals
HooliganCentral is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #45
Uncle Oden
Respect Guzman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch: If Iím looking for a tough fight it wouldnít be against Lucian Bute becaus

Froch or Ward should be targeting Bhop, if he wins, for their next fight. Bute can go prove his class by fighting Kessler first.
Uncle Oden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013