Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #391
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson Build-Up Thread! - IT'S FIGHT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
I see Khan fighting Mosley for his first fight at 147. Anyone agree?
I'd like to think it wouldn't get made, Shane's not got the want or drive to push things. I prefer Khan went for a real test i just don't see Mosley posing a threat to Khan. People will probably disagree but Shane looks shot to me. We'd just be asking the 'what if he catches Khan' question which is asked in every fight.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #392
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000
Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson Build-Up Thread! - IT'S FIGHT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Dunno, if Mayweather cant get Pacquiao I think Khan is next in line .... particularly if he impresses tonight
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #393
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

peterson cant fight for shit from the outside or mid range, if he cant get inside of khan he has no chance.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #394
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
I just think they'll want to stick him in with a big name that he'll beat. Mosley fits the bill
i agree its the type of move theyd pull, would be wrong though
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #395
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmcuV8iStG8&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmcuV8iStG8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWEdv9dMb2g&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWEdv9dMb2g&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzKV2SJu_k&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzKV2SJu_k&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

All thanks to griff for the videos.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #396
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

what times the actual fight scheduled to start ???
Old 12-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #397
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

^3:50 am.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #398
Lunny

vCash:

Quote:
Could definitely see that but would Mosley want Khan?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #399
Gooners2
Archie Solis
ESB Full Member

Quote:
You make some very good points, Gooners.

I agree, Khan is very difficult to outbox. The ideal style to beat him is someone who understands how to pressure properly and switch strategies. Peterson is too limited so was just looking for the best and most likely way for him to win, and unfortunately that's only a punchers chance type of fight.
Yeah that's how I see it to.

Nah I get that. Its plausible he could win that way, that he might be MORE effective fighting that way than how I mentioned, just we differ slightly I guess.

Quote:
Khan, if you frustrate him and force him to over-commit is how you can walk him into shots. I think Peterson could do that better than fighting on the front foot.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not calling for him to exclusively fight that way, I think he should actively engage him at times. I just think he should try and turn him on the backfoot, although it's harder to change-up once you get into that mode. It represents his best chance, imho.
No that's fair.

Quote:
It's not giving up ground and letting Khan overwhelm you, it's just stepping enough when he flurries, his hands move faster then his feet and he goes off balance for that split sec. Coming back with your own punches. If you look at the McCloskey fight this flaw of Khan is very evident, where he falls off balance and overshoots if he's made to miss over the top. Open for checking shots.
Yeah I have noticed this to. He comes down the line flurrying, he did it against Gomez when he drove him across the ring, only against a good fighter they will just step off the line and clump him with the left hook(Hatton-Mayweather), or they may set him up for the uppercut from underneath whilst he's coming over the top with 1 2's.

Quote:
I'm asking for Peterson to try and constantly fool him, sucker him and throw him off balance. Then hope to get something in.

I want Lamont to counter his counters. For example say if Peterson throws a jab and a cross or straight. Khan responds by defending and countering with two, three. Say a cross, hook combinations, then Peterson could counter his combinations by defending and throwing a hook, cross of his own.
Nah I get what you mean. My son has this tendency to roll his shoulders when his sister is throwing combinations at him, he entices her in closer cause she finds it difficult to land cause he utilizes his upperbodymovement/shoulder roll, then when the punch sails over his shoulder and she's overcommited he nails her with the counter right, only he throws it loopy, like how Enzo got nailed by Ofalabi? Well I've been telling her to put the pressure on him, as in step up to him, but just leave a little gap, then try to draw his counter, the loopy right hand, and be prepared to counter that counter with her own right hand, or......... slip left and throw the left hook right hand.

Quote:
It would take a few rounds to unviel is tendencies, but he could figure it out. The downside being he could completely be out of the fight by then.

He needs a lot of feints and pivots. Fool him into thinking he's attacking. His footwork is ganna be important to do that though and he hasn't got the best feet, he anchors them.

Use his jab to create space, (he doesn't have to land it) constantly turning Khan, don't retreat, but circle the right way. Force Khan to think before throwing his combinations, keep him guessing by working the body and head. Very the speed and rhythm of his punches.
Would you equate it to Montell Griffin-Jones 1 type style where by he(Griffin) completely breaks up your rhythm and keeps you guessing, and is capable of countering, making you pay a price when you do lead off? IMO Griffin seemed to be very adept at fighting these kind of fights cause he had good timing, and was quite savvy. He had a knack of making you fight his fight. Now I dont see Peterson as potentially as effective at that as say a Griffin, but I take the point Khan is naive and fights at such a high intensity, where by the less thinking time he has the better in his eyes, and if you can slow his tempo down and get him guessing a bit, that it might work, so yeah I guess its worth a go.

I think what the strategy your talking about, and the one I was advocating, are both essentially based on breaking up Khan's rhythm, which is probably the key to beating him imo.

Khan, like Pacquiao, seems to fight best when he has a good tempo, a momentum.

Quote:
Since footwork isn't Peterson forte, and seeming that he is better on the inside, a better strategy could also be to try and smother Khan. Although he'll need to pivot quickly.
I will be interesting to see how he handles Khan inside, because Khan shelled up a lot against Maidana but was painted with uppercuts and hurt. I'm thinking Roach might of looked at though, so might we see a change there?

Quote:
He could refuse to give up ground as Khan attacks, keep a solid defensive base, stay in close and use his legs to bump off. Get inside his punches, close the distance, use a clinching strategy so he doesn't escape with his fast feet.
Only thing I would be weary of in that sense. Is if Khan starts sliding out the side door after attacking him, instead of staying in the front door and unloading. That would make countering more difficult imo. Irony is I dont see that, that much from Khan in his fights, but when you watch his pad-work Roach is always wanting him to pivot off to the side and create another angle for a punch

Quote:
He's ganna have to blend such an array of skills. That's why i think his best shot is to try and hurt/stun Amir. Such an uphill task, but we've seen MUCH bigger upsets.
Yeah It should be good man. Been good going back and fourth on this Slip.
Gooners2 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #400
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I'd like to think it wouldn't get made, Shane's not got the want or drive to push things. I prefer Khan went for a real test i just don't see Mosley posing a threat to Khan. People will probably disagree but Shane looks shot to me. We'd just be asking the 'what if he catches Khan' question which is asked in every fight.
i don't think it will get made, they know Mosley is totally shot and Khan won't learn a thing fighting him
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #401
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunny View Post
Could definitely see that but would Mosley want Khan?
I'm sure he'd want the money
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #402
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

just watched some peterson footage, khan via utter obliteration.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #403
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
i don't think it will get made, they know Mosley is totally shot and Khan won't learn a thing fighting him
I didn't see it at a learning fight, i'm just thinking that they clearly want to make Khan as big as possible with a view to a Mayweather fight - and Mosley is a the biggest beatable name in the division
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #404
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
I didn't see it at a learning fight, i'm just thinking that they clearly want to make Khan as big as possible with a view to a Mayweather fight - and Mosley is a the biggest beatable name in the division
i see where your your coming from but in this stage of Mosley career surely Khan would get more props bashing Berto or Ortiz
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #405
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
I hope so mate but it's not stopped that sorta thing happening in past.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum