Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #46
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,302
vCash: 1395
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Just look at my avatar. How could Ali have stood a chance against him?
Beatle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #47
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneNYC View Post
Your out of your boxing mind to say the least.
No i'm not, I'm just thinking with my head instead of my heart.

Rocky would find it hard to get in range of Ali, and when trying to get in range he would get picked about and cut up. Eventually Ali would KO him late probably around the 13th or 14th round after a brutal accumulation of punches.

Hell I don't beleive Marciano could beat Sonny Liston
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #48
HENDO
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,060
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
No i'm not, I'm just thinking with my head instead of my heart.

Rocky would find it hard to get in range of Ali, and when trying to get in range he would get picked about and cut up. Eventually Ali would KO him late probably around the 13th or 14th round after a brutal accumulation of punches.

Hell I don't beleive Marciano could beat Sonny Liston
Because Ali is exactly like Sonny Liston.

Man, you just can't stop...

Sonny Liston presents an entire different set of obstacles for Rocky to overcome than does Ali.
HENDO is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #49
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Hendo is simply a matter of size and skill, Marciano could not compete with skilled big men, simply won't have a chance.

I find it funny people really think Marciano could even compete with Ali, it is like a bad joke.

As for comparing Marciano to Joe Frazier, that still doesn't work, Marciano is shorter than Frazier, about 30 lbs lighter than Frazier, has about a reach 7 inches shorter than Frazier, and I personally don't think he could take the punishment that a Prime Frazier was able of taking from Ali. He wasn't built for it.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #50
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Weed capital of the world
Posts: 14,469
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Ali was just being nice and sending a subliminal diss to Joe Frazier.

By the way Joe Frazier would have murdered Marciano.
If i remember it correctly from other vids Ali talked about his chances vs past heavy greats and he was basically saying he beat all of them even called dempsey a joke, only about marciano he spoke really humble as you can see.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #51
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Marciano struggled with 2 senior citizens in Louis and Walcott. Yet he beats Ali?


So let me get this straight. Frazier beat Ali once, then had him ready to quit in his 3rd fight, so does that mean that Marciano knocks Ali out?
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #52
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,321
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Marciano WAS better than Frazier. Who doesn't already know that?
Montero is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #53
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
Marciano WAS better than Frazier. Who doesn't already know that?
The Guido thinks Marciano is better then Frazier. Holy shit **** am I surprised.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #54
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
The Guido thinks Marciano is better then Frazier. Holy shit **** am I surprised.

SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #55
Mega Lamps
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 740
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
technically superior?
I'm not sure about that. And I can certainly see Marciano winning at least 1 of 3.
Mega Lamps is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #56
OPBF
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 911
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Stylewise, Marciano is a trickier guy to fight than Frazier. He LOOKS easy to hit, but he isn't that easy to hit. The fact that he is shorter than Frazier and goes even shorter to fight would make him a difficult target for the tall standing Ali to fight. And even at the very advanced age of old man, Marciano still made the impression on Ali about how strong his power is.

Ali has no fundamentals. He is not tricky. He has a straightforward fighting style, which is how he can be messed up by people jabbing along with him. But his greatness is in the fact that his raw talent was just that good.

The things that made old men Walcott and Louis had that made them effective against other fighters is the same thing that Hopkins has even at the age of 45: OLD MAN SKILLZ.

Ali didn't have that because he relied so much on his talent (like RJJ), so using those fights as barometers for how Ali vs Marciano would look like is laughable at best and ridiculous at worst.

Marciano winning 1 or 2 out of 3 is not out of the realm of possibility.
OPBF is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #57
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,321
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
The Guido thinks Marciano is better then Frazier. Holy shit **** am I surprised.
Wow putting out the racism early in the week huh?

Imagine if I made a statement like this in reverse and used a racial slur, there'd be hell to pay.

Montero is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #58
uglyandproud7
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 834
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Marciano did beat Ali in the computer film thingy,
uglyandproud7 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #59
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBF View Post
Stylewise, Marciano is a trickier guy to fight than Frazier. He LOOKS easy to hit, but he isn't that easy to hit. The fact that he is shorter than Frazier and goes even shorter to fight would make him a difficult target for the tall standing Ali to fight. And even at the very advanced age of old man, Marciano still made the impression on Ali about how strong his power is.

Ali has no fundamentals. He is not tricky. He has a straightforward fighting style, which is how he can be messed up by people jabbing along with him. But his greatness is in the fact that his raw talent was just that good.

The things that made old men Walcott and Louis had that made them effective against other fighters is the same thing that Hopkins has even at the age of 45: OLD MAN SKILLZ.

Ali didn't have that because he relied so much on his talent (like RJJ), so using those fights as barometers for how Ali vs Marciano would look like is laughable at best and ridiculous at worst.

Marciano winning 1 or 2 out of 3 is not out of the realm of possibility.
You can give Marciano every intangiable in the world, his small reach, small size, and slowness compared to Ali would have him being beaten 10 out of 10 times. Rocky Marciano is not on Ali's level.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #60
joe33
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Ali: "Marciano better than Frazier"

****ing people saying louis and charles and walcott are old and were over the hill, then on another post praising to the stars men like toney and hopkins kind of makes me smile
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013