Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95
Default Call me crazy, i love this sport.

Well i was aiming to do a total of 7-9 rounds of sparring today with 3 different guys. The first guy i chose is a very aggressive fighter who weighs a couple of Kgs more than me. Round 1 and 2 i was very good with footwork, handspeed and head movement. Need to stop the habit of leaving my elbow out but ill work on that. Overall this guy has 4 years more experience than me and i literally did well. Clean punches counted i was 12 he was 5. Then this happened, hes the type of fighter that continues punching you when your on the ropes non stop until you do something about it, he kept me for 10 punches at the ropes but was well guarded, i got out a right hook and he moved back. After we settled for 2-3 seconds i tried playing fire with fire and instead of playing smart like previous rounds i tried to go in like a mouse vs a lion, he got this perfectly timed straight with his eyes closed when i hit him, it KOed me. Literally couldnt see for half a second and was all dizzy. Call me crazy but i loved it, i dont like it when everyone says "your amazing and good" and i wanted to challenge myself to see how boxing really is. Up to 2 weeks ago i would say sparring isnt important. Today i say its Key to Boxing. Never give up guys, first time experience and i dont regret it. In Boxing you learn everyday, play smart, dont be ****y and best of all Enjoy It.
Juxhin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430
Default Re: Call me crazy, i love this sport.

Cool story bro.

lol someone had to do it

good that ur having fun but remember taking punishment aint kool
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar Baby View Post
Cool story bro.

lol someone had to do it

good that ur having fun but remember taking punishment aint kool
i was expecting that haha, i really dont mind. Im not over here to look cool (: its an internet forum its just an experience i wanted to share
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Aint nothing cool bout getting ko'ed but i must admit the feeling you get when you get buzzed when you take a nice hard shot clean is somewhat of a drug, Feels weirdly wonderfull. Just don't let it become a habit doe
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
Aint nothing cool bout getting ko'ed but i must admit the feeling you get when you get buzzed when you take a nice hard shot clean is somewhat of a drug, Feels weirdly wonderfull. Just don't let it become a habit doe

Nope, i learnt my lesson, Hands Up Chin Down. ALWAYS
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
MrSmall
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

people who aren't involved in your own passion or hobby, have no idea what its like.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
people who aren't involved in your own passion or hobby, have no idea what its like.
Its such a pity! i mean i see lots of fights and i say to myself why the hell isnt the guy getting up.. today i understood how hard a shot can be, not very painful but hard to get up from
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
Chip
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
The other week though I was sparring a heavyweight and he caught me with a shot that I didnt see coming. When I opened my eyes I was sat on the canvas lol. Jumped up straight away though, pride was hurt more than anything. The feeling was weirdly nice though, kind of like when you are in bed and the feeling you get the last couple seconds before you fall asleep.

Thats the only time Ive gone down though (except by a bodyshot once), Ive been buzzed a few times where your vision kind of goes fuzzy like a tv screen with no reception for a millisecond or so, but I wouldnt say thats a nice feeling.
Chip is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Thats the only time Ive gone down though (except by a bodyshot once), Ive been buzzed a few times where your vision kind of goes fuzzy like a tv screen with no reception for a millisecond or so, but I wouldnt say thats a nice feeling.
Never been knocked down my a shot to the face and never had what you described :S maybe i didnt mean buzzed but thats only word i could think of.
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
lepinthehood
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

only time ive been knocked down was sparring my brother and i walked into his jab. got up straight away wasnt hurt. been stunned a few times but never too hurt sparring. were u really out for the count?!
lepinthehood is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepinthehood View Post
only time ive been knocked down was sparring my brother and i walked into his jab. got up straight away wasnt hurt. been stunned a few times but never too hurt sparring. were u really out for the count?!
na didnt count, it was very light and didnt fall down cause of the ropes so the coach just stopped me and told me im to tired.. sparring after a very hard session isnt a very good idea
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #12
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Closest I've come to that is losing feeling in my arms in a fight. I was completely coherent and I'm just like shit my arms don't work, are my legs gonna give out? I just kept my hands glued to my face and it went away in a couple seconds but it was a real scare.

Funny part is I blocked the shot. Landed full on my guard but pushed a bony part of my hand into my jaw and rocked me real good.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
MrSmall
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
Closest I've come to that is losing feeling in my arms in a fight. I was completely coherent and I'm just like shit my arms don't work, are my legs gonna give out? I just kept my hands glued to my face and it went away in a couple seconds but it was a real scare.

Funny part is I blocked the shot. Landed full on my guard but pushed a bony part of my hand into my jaw and rocked me real good.
that's how it goes mate!
I got hit with some clean face shots which made me feel a bit numb and deaf, but I "felt" coherent, like when you are a bit drunk but you don't think you are? But then I got hit with a clean body shot (yeah these were my first sparring sessions!!) and that was a total body shock and I went straight to one knee with a girly whimper.
But you'd be crazy if you thought that put me off!
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
that's how it goes mate!
I got hit with some clean face shots which made me feel a bit numb and deaf, but I "felt" coherent, like when you are a bit drunk but you don't think you are? But then I got hit with a clean body shot (yeah these were my first sparring sessions!!) and that was a total body shock and I went straight to one knee with a girly whimper.
But you'd be crazy if you thought that put me off!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Fight like theres no tomorrow! Sorry just felt in a good mood
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
and that was a total body shock and I went straight to one knee with a girly whimper
Those are killers. What makes it worse is once youve been hit in the body if you get on that spot again it hurts twice as much!
pichuchu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing