Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 05:42 AM   #1
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 289
Default What is everyone doing wrong against Mayweather?

What is everyone doing wrong against Mayweather? I assume every fighter has a weakness. Hatton shook Mayweather up more than anyone else I have seen since Mayweather's first fight against Castillo yet Mayweather came back to get the job done. Is he invinciable at the moment? It seems that hooks and angle shots, jabs, and aggressiveness are the things Mayweather cannot grapple with. Yet Mayweather comes out on top, time and time again. What is it every boxer cannot see? I am not being a Mayweather hater. He actually won me over with last fight.
eliqueiros is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2007, 05:48 AM   #2
Kojiro
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What is everyone doing wrong against Mayweather?

The thing nobody seems to take into consideration is mayweather's ring intelligence. You can hear all the time that pressure (Hatton) or speed (Judah) is the way to beat Floyd. The answer is not so simple because Mayweather can adapt thanks to his incredible ring intelligence.

Cotto is really smart in the ring, but on the other hand I don't think he's got enough speed and skill to beat the even more intelligent PBF.
Kojiro is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 06:24 AM   #3
G_RapPBF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I posted a video where Floyd is pressured and he actually fights better. If you want to beat Floyd, be like Oscar dont throw any punches until you have him up against the ropes where he cant get a clean shot off of you. Because unless you have god like speed you will get tagged with counters everytime.
G_RapPBF is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
Florida boy
Bodacious
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliqueiros
What is everyone doing wrong against Mayweather? I assume every fighter has a weakness. Hatton shook Mayweather up more than anyone else I have seen since Mayweather's first fight against Castillo yet Mayweather came back to get the job done. Is he invinciable at the moment? It seems that hooks and angle shots, jabs, and aggressiveness are the things Mayweather cannot grapple with. Yet Mayweather comes out on top, time and time again. What is it every boxer cannot see? I am not being a Mayweather hater. He actually won me over with last fight.
I like your post, but i didnt give Hatton more then 2 rounds, and i didnt see Floyd shook up. Thats the thing, its not what they dont see, its that nothing they do surprises Floyd, he just stays calm and looks for angles, then picks apart his opponent.
Florida boy is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
djb2009
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

the guys unbeatable
djb2009 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 07:54 AM   #6
K0NPHL1C7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What they're doing wrong is signing the contract in the first place. Second mistake, showing up for the fight.

Seriosuly, he has fought just about every diffrent style. Guys far bigger, just as fast or faster. Good boxers, power punchers, slick south paws. Legends and Goldenboys. Punching bags and Lionhearts. He's beaten them all, and has rarley been behind in a fight. The only person who could beat Mayweather is Mayweather.
K0NPHL1C7 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum